“Tranquility by the beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seraya Shores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bali
Seraya Shores
You added Seraya Shores to your Saves list
Amlapura - Karangasem, Bali 80871, Indonesia   |
Ranked #533 of 1,891 Specialty Lodging in Bali
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
“Tranquility by the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Perfect for those who want to relax in the Balinese lifestyle.
First booking the Daydream villa, we have been upgraded, in a 80 sqm modern bedroom, with huge verandah. We appreciated very much the antique style of the furniture. The breakfast was good and healthy. We had diner every evening in our private verandah and the food was always perfect, specially the fish !
I loved their "Ginger Fizz" !!!
The service was very good and efficient.
But to be completely honest, I have to tell that the villas must be repaired, the mosquito nets and the curtains cleaned.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
mornington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I had to pinch myself on arrival as the resort was too beautiful, the staff ever- helpful and smiling and the food to die for, especially fish and chilli. The ocean offered a gentle lull each night to send one of to sleep peacefully, the yoga barn spectacular, and the pool and facilities superb. The prettiest garden i have ever seen. Color and fragrance to seduce even the most prickliest persons............Renewing and recharging

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

we can't say enough about how much we loved the rooms, the gardens, the pool, the view of the ocean but most of all the people. they are the warmest most helpful people. the food sassa prepared was amazing we didn't want to eat a meal anywhere else and visiting the local market with him was a highlight. The hotels driver, komen, went beyond our expectations to take us the most scenic way and teach us the most he could about what we were seeing. there's so much to see and do near seraya. we can't thank seraya enough for exposing us to the best of bali. we dream of returning

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We booked to stay from January 12 to 19, having read the many excellent reviews, and I was very much looking forward to our stay.
I booked by email, and Amanda was very efficient and helpful inmeeting all our needs.
I needed to advise her of our address in Ubud, so that they could collect us, and I emailed her again in December, but got no response. I tried again - same result, which concerned me. As soon as we arrived in Ubud, I tried the phone number for Amanda, but there was no answer.
I finally contacted someone, who advised that they had our booking from 13-18 January.
Anyway, we got around that, and arranged to be picked up, which we were.
On the journey over, the driver told us a story about Amanda leaving, and someone else now running the place. When we got there, someone showed us to our villa, which was not the one we'd booked, nor anything like it. The place seemed to be in total disarray, and after a very ordinary lunch, I made a phone call and we left.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Kununurra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed at Seraya Shores in October for six nights in the Loft Villa. The staff were really wonderfully friendly and helpful. It was fantastic that there was no noise apart from the sound of the waves and the birds singing. Sassa the resident chef took me to Amlapura market on his motorbike and made truly delicious meals. I chose Seraya Shores from reading internet reviews because of the peacefulness and what others said about Sassa. All the reviews were true. Many people who stayed seemed to come and go after two nights as part of package. I am sure they enjoy it but you really need to stay longer to appreciate the serenity of the place. It was much more luxurious than other places I have stayed in Bali costing twice the price at US110 per night. There are many more expensive places in Bali and this was really worth it as a place to recharge my spirit far from telephones, television, internet and any kind of hassles. I was very aware of my privileged position as a foreign guest watching people digging sand from the beach with their bare hands to make a living from the fantastic infinity pool. I had asked by email before arriving if I could have a writing desk to work at my computer and this was arranged for me. I had the relaxation massage and the Balian massage both very helpful. I hired a car and driver, Sassa's brother Komang, on one day for an interesting trip to Tirtagangga, Pura Lempuyang and back to Seraya via Amed and a traditional textile place making their own cotton thread and dye using indigo and morinda before weaving. The best thing was the welcoming staff especially Sassa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I live in Ubud and have had the wonderful pleasure of staying at Seraya Shores twice now. It is about a 2 hour drive for us and recently took family that was visiting from the U.S. They said it was the highlight of their 3 week stay in Bali. There are just 7 rooms in 5 villas - all different - all charming. The food is exceptional and we all love that there is no menu. Who wants to make decisions when they are on vacation? They just bring out beautiful platters of freshly cooked fish, vegetables and whatever else they found in the market that day. And it is all incredible! The pool is lovely and the staff all seem happy. I told my husband I didn't want to write a review because I want Seraya Shores all to myself. But the owners care & truly have a special place and that should be rewarded.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We have stayed at Seraya Shores at least four or five times (we have lost count, it is so relaxing that your memory starts fading...) and have recommended this hidden gem to all our friends and family. Seraya shores has got an amazing relaxing 'vibe'. Absolute ocean front, you are away from all commercial tourism and can truly experience the local culture. Great local seafood, fresh everyday. Nearby sightseeing includes mount Agung, the Water Palace and beautiful green rice terraces. Got enough of chilling out? go surfing or fishing or request a massage. Great staff, they are there when you need them and disappear when you like privacy....oh yeah, before I forget, the infinity edge swimming pool is amazing.
We always have the best pancakes here, must be some secret recipe ; )
we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Seraya Shores? Share your experiences!