“Great choice in Seminyak” 4 of 5 stars

M Suite
Jl. Nakula Gang Baik-Baik, Bali 83610, Indonesia   |
Ranked #299 of 1,886 Specialty Lodging in Bali
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great choice in Seminyak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in early August in the deluxe suite for NZD$50 per night. This included breakfast each morning. We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was very modern and clean, staff were helpful and breakfast, although not a huge selection, it was sufficient. The hotel is located down a series of narrow streets, 15 minutes walk to the beach and 10 minutes to the supermarket. The walk is an easy one but plenty of taxis outside the hotel if you prefer. Good value for money, would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here for almost a week. New hotel so great rooms and bathroom. The reception staff where great dealing with our needs.
Only some minor complaints which can/have been fixed, bed wasn't very comfortable but I still managed to sleep well.
There was no phone in our room, so when we needed to use the phone I had to go downstairs and bother the reception. The breakfast buffet was great, but it would have been good if there was different choices each day, also would have been good to have some sort of selection of room service at night.
But overall I would recommend M Suite to anyone travelling to Bali in the future. :)

Room Tip: I'm assuming the rooms at the end off the halls are much quieter as they aren't near the poo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dili, East Timor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I recently stayed at M-suite in Seminyak - after recommendations from a friend who is a tour operator/villa concierge in that area. Living a little over an hour by plane away from bali I have been able to check out quite a range of accommodation over the last two years and always enjoy researching and choosing a new place.
From the first contact to when I walked out the door I was impressed by the professionalism of the staff at this "luxury budget" hotel. All emails were answered promptly, when haggling over the price I was politely told the reasons why that was the fixed price (unlike some hotels/villas who tell you "like it or lump it" with others going as far as to comment on your suitability for their establishment if you are querying the price!).
The airport pickup went smoothly (once they had found me - to be fair my flight was over an hour and a half late and the meeting area at Ngurah Rai airport is a disaster) and it took about 15 minutes to get to the hotel (though the new tunnel and up Sunset Road). On arrival I was greeted by the owner, Mario, an individual truly suited to the hospitality industry in Bali. As it happens, he discovered I shopped at his silver shop on Jalan Legian and promptly gave me a healthy discount on all items there (gold star!).
I was shown to the room on the third floor and was taken back by the design, size, cleanliness, etc, etc, etc. Aircon was icy, the huge bath tub actually filled and all the way up with piping hot water (many places I have been with tubs the water stays hot for 25% of the fill and then tepid or cold for the rest) - the same for the jacuzzi on the balcony. There was plenty of hanging space and the view over the rooftops to the new TS-suites with its blue neon lit infinite pool, as I said early, was well worth the two floor hike.
A basic breakfast is provided but I had it only twice during my stay as half the fun in Bali is going out for brunch (make sure you get to Sea Circus http://seacircus-bali.com/ or U-Paasha the restaurant behind the rooftop pool has amazing views and I was the only one there the morning I turned up for brunch at 11am). The morning I checked out at 6am to go to the airport was a half an hour before breakfast set-up time and the staff happily cooked up something for me without a complaint.
Finally, and most importantly for me, as a guest your interaction with the staff is at whatever level you want it to be - a quick hello and goodbye on the way out, a longer chat for recommendations of where to buy this and that, and no frowny judgemental looks if you arrive home at 4am a little under the weather (after all not everyone goes to Bali to meditate and fast).
I would like to thank Mario for his wonderful hotel and will definitely be staying there when I go back to bali again next month. To all the staff I would like to give my heartfelt thanks for a job well done - what they lacked in professionalism they made up for in common-sense (truly amazing).

Room Tip: If you want extra room go for the spa room. The hotel has no elevator but the views from the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed at M Suite for 6 nights end July 2014 and found the room to be excellent. Large with great bathroom which had a huge bath and plenty of room so two people could be using the bathroom at one time. The bed also good size and comfortable. I would not say very soft but surprisingly comfortable and had a good sleep. Air conditioner worked very well. Excellent wifi. Only small problem is that the rooms are not very sound proof so for one night we had noisy upstairs people who continually moved around scraping furtiture etc etc.

The pool is really no existant more just a decorative space. No one entered the pool it is near the reception and breakfast area way to small to sit around.

Breakfast again not good. Hot coffee was about it. they precooked fried eggs and the omlete was like a flat pizza and cut into triangles like a pizza. Not good. Pastries dry.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Location good walking distance to Jl Seminyak and Bintang supermarket lots of restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level as you have a small garden outlook with patio also no lift .
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for three nights when we first arrived in Bali. We were originally due to stay at the M Hostel up the road, but due to a misunderstanding about how many people were travelling we were upgraded to this hotel. It was so good, we decided to stay an extra two nights.
The front desk staff were by far the thing that made this little hotel. They were so friendly and really fantastic with helping us book trips/decide what to do around the area. They were very friendly, and a real asset to the hotel.
The free breakfast was good, nothing too amazing but it was just enough for what we wanted.
The hotel room itself was very clean and the shower was fantastic! Free wifi as well.
The only downside was that the location was a bit out of the way and it was a little bit of a walk to the main street, but not by much, and we only found that it was a long way because my sister had recently broken her ankle so struggled to walk, particularly along the very uneven Bali pavements.
But other than that it was a great little hotel and I would recommend backpackers to stay here!

Room Tip: They are able to put three beds in a room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and good enough for my one night stop over stay, I would have considered staying there longer if I had of known it was so clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I had a late check in and they were very attentive. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a cheap stay in Bali, not too far from the shops either.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Late check in wasn't a problem, friendly staff, amazing clean room with beautiful large bathroom. Good brekkie and late check out at no extra cost. Very happy we stayed here just wish we had had longer to enjoy the pool!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to M Suite? Share your experiences!