“The best restaurant in Bali” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 3,416 Restaurants in Bali
Cuisines: Organic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Abe-Do Organic WarungWe redecorated our sweet Warung to get some fresh colours inside, which makes a nice atmosphere while having one of our home made and delicious dishes.Please join us for an exotic breakfast, cup of organic coffee, lunch or a romantic dinner with fresh food. There are many choices of vegetarian dishes as well – try them and you will enjoy! We prepare the food without using MSG – and all vegetables and fruits are organic.Spend some awesome time in our lovely lime-green Warung. We are looking forward to welcome you in Abe-Do, a friendly Warung with family atmosphere. You are most welcome to visit us in Kutuh Kaja!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“The best restaurant in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Well, Last september my girlfriend and I decided to visit Bali. We probably tried 15 different restaurants. Abe Do was by far the best restaurant. Food was amazing, everything was so fresh, coffee to die for, fruit juices so good!

The owner and his wife are really nice and welcoming, they welcomed us and treated us great. The owner is a great artist and we fell in love with a beautiful painting of his, which we eventually bought. It now hangs in the living room :)

Thank you Abe-do, we will return again one day!!

• Visited August 2012

Belfast
“Organic, friendly, cheap and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is just lovely. The menu is newly expanded and now all organic. The juices are delicious and the food was really fresh and tasty. The owners are really friendly and welcoming and are also responsible for all the art work. We ended up hanging out and chatting for ages and will be going back to try the breakfast menu. Lovely little find x

• Visited March 2013
Berlin, Germany
“ABE-DO – Café for art & coffee culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am in Ubud now for a week and usually I go to Abe-Do – a welcoming Waroeng run by a friendly Balinese family. The fresh made meals are always heavenly and Nyoman’s sweet wife who prepares the food never uses MSG (flavour enhancer)! I am a vegetarian and I always enjoy the decent range of vegetarian dishes. The dishes are beautifully arranged with some nice little extras.
They serve a different coffee variety such as Bali organic coffee, luwak coffee, ginger coffee and (my favorite!) chocolate coffee. It’s the best coffee I’ve had in Bali!

The owners have a keen sense for the interior decoration – it’s a sweet little restaurant where one really likes to stay because of the nice atmosphere.
Nyoman is a painter and his astonishing new-age Balinese paintings exhibit on the wall.
Nyoman is an open hearted man who likes to hand out good tips and offers mountain bike rides in the surroundings – I recommend to go with him once… it’s fantastic!

Abe-Do is a little gem in Ubud and always a good choice for a pleasant stay!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“friendly sweet local place, veggie friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying near by and was curious about this place. finally i went in today had light lunch.
had fresh fruit juice and nasi goren, yummy! they have traditional Indonesian food on the menu good vegetarian selection too. friendly and helpful owner. small but very sweet restaurant. open till 9, 10pm so I aim to return for dinner soon.

Ubud
“Good food, good art and friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This cafe/warung was recommended to me by a local person. It's within easy reach of the Ubud main road (just take the turning to Petulu and it's on the left after about 5 minutes), It's nicely decorated, clean and friendly but two things set it apart - one is that the food looks and tastes very fresh, the other is that the art of the walls is actually art not just craft. The owner comes from a family of artists and it shows - from the traditional paintings of the owner's uncle to his own more modern interpretations of Balinese themes, these are good.
To date I've had breakfast/brunch there twice and both times the coffee was good, the fruit salad was perfect and the Mie Goreng (fried noodles - my favourite breakfast dish) were the best I think I have had in Bali. Western tastes are also catered for in food (omelettes, toast & jam etc) and drinks (cappuccino, latte etc). Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited January 2013