“bali and sumatra” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #543 of 1,845 Activities in Bali
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: The No.1 Surf Travel Company in Indonesia. Providing personalised trips to destinations all over Indonesia. Private Surf Guiding, Private Boat Trips, Island adventures, Surf Resorts. We get you to where the waves are best suited to your ability at the best possible time. We have Indonesia Covered.
Sydney, Australia
“bali and sumatra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Recently Michael and his team organised a three week trip for me and my partner through Bali, North Sumatra and Aceh. Not having been overseas for many years was a bit nerve racking, but with Michaels connections throughout indo I spent 10 days surfing uncrowded outer islands of North Sumatra, priceless! However, his local knowledge was not just limited to surfing, as he arranged guides and homestays for us through the Sumatran highlands, jungle treks and all transfers taken care of whilst also arranging for lost boards to turn up from late arriving airlines in Singapore, a task which would have been very difficult for a non-indo speaking aussie @ 10PM in Medan airport. This trip was a step out of my comfort zone but Michael and his team had my back all the way, even off the beaten track. Michael also kept me away from the crowds in Bali which was no mean feat - luck or local knowledge? I prefer to think local knowledge. Michael at WS Bali can hook you up anywhere in indo so look him up. Terimakase. Greg and Julie

Visited June 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Surf dreams do come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've just come back from Bali and can't help but tell every surfer I meet to use World Surfaris Bali
I haven't been to Bali for 20 years and was dreading the thought of surfing crowded beaches, lets face it I can do that at home, Mick of World surfaris Bali and his crew went out of their way to make me and my crew feel like family ,not only finding us perfect waves and I mean perfect uncrowned perfection but introducing us to the local people and their way of life.
This was the surf holiday that I'd dreamt of, Thankyou Mick see you on the next trip, I'll be telling every one I meet to use World Surfaris Bali and Thankyou for the Ducks!!!,,

Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
“Bali World Surfaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had 3 days with Michael and his team in April 2013, two great days at a relatively uncrowded break and a good day at a more crowded break. But when you are chasing the available waves, so is everybody else.

The team were on time, full of good local info and happy to fit in with requests. Looking forward to surfing with them on the next trip.

Also very useful for picking between non surfing activities, local info on choices and prices was spot on.

Visited April 2013
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Forget the hassle of do it yourself Bali surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I use Michael and his guides at World Surfaris every year and they never fail. Eddie the driver is awesome and either Michael, Uchil or Hakim are my surf buddy. They don't mind going that extra mile to avoid a crowd. For me I don't want to be risking driving in the bali traffic on a motorbike or car and getting hassled by the cops as foreign drivers often do. I get picked up from my hotel early and off we go and after a 3 hour surfI'm usually done by 10 or 11 and back to spend time with the family for the rest of the day. It's very cheap considering you get a driver in a air conditioned van and a surf buddy and water and snacks. Sure you might be able to do it 5 bucks cheaper per day on your own but you've got to deal with traffic, cops and then try to work out where to surf. On a World Surfaris trip you just kick back and listen to some tunes in the car then surf with a local who knows other locals and you get more waves:-) I'll never do it myself again

Visited December 2012
Quinta do Lago, Portugal
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and i travelled round the World for 6 months this year and when we arrived in Bali it was a bit like how are we going to take all this in? So when we called the office of World surfaris it was all taken care of for us, not just with the surf trips! We went to the Bali safari Hotel (amazing) for one night then got picked up taken to the Airport and flew to Lombok stayed in the Novotel hotel(fantastic) Went on 2 Surf trips from the hotel arranged collection to then go to the Gilli Ils diving then back to Bali then driven round the Island of Bali visiting temples/mountains/waterfalls/markets/fruit plantations/ ect then the next day they picked us up and we did one of the most amazing dives we have ever been on at shipwreck US Liberty- Tulumben.
All in all pretty much took care of everything for us, transport, surf guides, hotels, recommendations on where to go, you name it! And all well within our tight budget, which was great!
We done about 5 surf trips all together with world surfaris which where great, 3 in Bali and 2 in Lombok. The guides were great and with us both being beginners they made sure they took us to suitable breaks for learners and gave my wife confidence in the water. By the end of our month in Bali, my wife could stand up and ride a wave with confidence and i progressed massively all thanks to Michael and his lads. We couldn't recommend World Surfaris enough.

Visited March 2013