“Havana Havan. Very Cool.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,090 of 3,416 Restaurants in Bali
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Bar, Grill
Good for: Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cubana Bar & Grill is a vibrant 1940’s/50’s pre-Castro retro concept featuring a premium spirit and cigar bar in the cosy courtyard and racy live Latin entertainment program in the air-conditioned main bar and restaurant. Cubana offers Bali’s best cocktails featuring strong and fresh fruit Mojitos, classic Rum cocktails, Daiquiris, original Caipirinhas and Sangrias. Our Cuban Grill menu features grilled steaks, fish fillets, chicken and pulled pork, accompanied by signature salsas, crisp salads and fresh vegetables. Jazzy Latin music mix plays in the background during the day; at night we pump up the music for drinking, dancing and partying...Live Music every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays!
Sydney, Australia
“Havana Havan. Very Cool.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

What a cool place. Gorgeous interior.

the two dancing girls might be a little sparkly, but it is to be expected when the live band still plays gypsy kings music. gotta love it.

the passionfruit daiquiri topped with a sweet and creamy whipped foam. tasted like ice cream.

very sexy.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Australia
“A great bar, cuban grooves, espresso martini heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love it here. This is where I go for a drink and a chat. Its about pre dinner drinks or after dinner drinks for me. although I have eaten here a few times and the foods not bad at all.

Atmosphere - cool cuban decor and latin grooves. Its a pretty easy going place, the inside area is comfortable and the outdoors area more laid back and gives you over to wanting to smoke a massive Cuban. this is what Cubana is about really - wanting to kick back and enjoy the night in a semi sophisticated way. There is live music almost every night and if you are into scantily clad girls and drums all in the name of Cubana! then its pretty cool. A fe times I have ended dancing with the girls, what can I say, I am a sucker for an espresso martini and a little bit of a shuffle.

Drinks - excellent. go the espresso Martini. I literally have dinner out, skip desert and save it for the espresso martinis. They also do some crazy molecular shots. Had those a few times, cannot recall the rest of the evening. Got a very decent list.

Value/Prices - very respectable, they are not bargain basement nor are they 5 star resorts.

Food - pretty good, I have sampled bits and pieces so cannot really say a whole lot on the matter.

Service - yup its there, its quick and they know what they are about. The host pops around and always make you feel very welcome. Not many places do that and for me personally its one of the draw cards.

Overall: I really like this place, what special is that its focus is about being a bar, and if you want to go for a drink after dinner its perfect. Cubana has a great feel, certainly gets the after dinner crowd buzzing for another drink, and all round just satisfies that need for "lets go somewhere cool for a drink thats not a nightclub".

Best - atmosphere and espresso martinis
Worst: hmm no sunset? not sure have no real issues here, maybe food but I have not tried much
Go Again - for sure

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australind, Australia
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

had a great evening here in May 2012. Went on a Thursday night when they have live music and some show girls. Great food and cocktails as well. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Havana Nights Right Here in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Cubana Bar is now one of my favourite places to go in Bali! It doesn't matter which night of the week you go...there is always something on with either a promotion, event or their awesome band which gets everyone moving onto the dance floor.

With cool decor, a great crowd, excellent cocktails and delicious food to eat...Cubana Bar is always somewhere you can be assured of a good time! When I'm in Bali I enjoy their salsa dancing classes, a bite to eat and a few mojitos (you must try!). The staff are always so welcoming and I always feel looked after receiving excellent customer service. They are so lovely and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Recently they've opened for lunch and I really liked eating in their outdoor garden area. The day was sunny and it was nice to be able to relax and enjoy the great food. They had a new fish dish on the menu that day and it melted in my mouth.

Cubana Bar is definitely a little piece of Havana Nights right here in Bali.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“So glad we went!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We discovered this place in a magazine that I was looking at in Nusa Lembongan, talking about 'different' cocktails. My girlfriend and I were intrigued so we decided to hit Cubana up. Glad we did! Although our taxi driver didnt know where it was, we just kept driving up JL Petitenget and eventually found it. the staff we're very welcoming, very warm and friendly. The place has a great atmosphere, although Im not sure what it would be like if it was busy and everyone was lighting up cigars from the cigar menu...
We got the tasting plate for entree. Everything was delish! Especially the chicken wings (nice bit of kick to them) and the mini-tacos. For mains we got the beef rib and the pulled pork. the beef was tender and full of flavour. The pulled pork was really nice, although I didnt enjoy the mojo sauce (in a seperate dish). But thats probably more my taste buds than it being not nice.

Last but not least, the cocktails. All I can say as WOW! We went there for the cocktail we say in the magazine - the vanilla chocolatini. It was awesome! Like a sweet chocolate cocktail with white and milk chocolate noodles in it! Another must have is the cocoon(?) shot. Even if you do not usually do shots, you must try this. It comes with a 'bubble' of (cant remember the concoction) blue liquor inside it. it makes for a sweet, and very easy to down shot. We also tried numerous other drinks, all of which did not dissapoint.

• 4 of 5 stars Food