“A Must Do in Bali” 5 of 5 stars

Type: National Parks, Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An interactive elephant experience, including rides, feeding, and an elephant "talent show." The park also offers other activities, such as rafting and cycling.
Geelong, Australia
“A Must Do in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I visited the Elephant Park recently for the first time and was highly impressed. Extremely clean, The Elephants were all well cared for and allowed to do their own thing, staff were all very nice and willing to assist in anyway, and the interactions between visitors and elephants was beautiful.
Great photo's were taken by park staff using our cameras, The Jungle Trek was a beautiful ride, and lunch was delicious!
I will definatley be returning on my next trip to Bali

• Indonesian first
Northern Territory
3 attraction reviews
“Elephant park a nice treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was a highlight of our trip. I have always been very selective about where I ride an elephant as I've heard so many alarming stories and so I had never done it before. After hearing through friends and reading trip advisor we decided to go to Taro.

It cost us $145.00 (AUD). We booked online two days before and saved 15%. While you are at the park, and if you book other Bali Adventure Tours you can save 20%, so keep this in mind.

The lunch was really good. No Bali Belly to speak of (a rarity) and a huge selection. Drinks are extra. It is an expensive place but it also employs a lot of local staff who did a great job of keeping the place clean and tidy. It was great.

If you get there before 9.30am you can pay $10 when you arrive at the counter to wash an elephant. It was such an enjoyable experience and I highly recommend it. I thought this was really cheap.

There is a real process to this park:
- you wash the elephant before 9.30 (they're all working after this)
- you ride the elephant somewhere between 9.30 and 11.00
- you watch the show at 11.00
- you have lunch after the show

After this, there is nothing to do. If you are not planning on riding an elephant I would not recommend coming here. Honestly, there is nothing to see.

The handlers do use the picks which I found a bit confronting, but never in a way that was distressing that I saw. I saw the elephants up close and there was not at all any evidence of it being over-used or used inappropriately. They seemed quite relaxed. The elephants have a drink after every ride, until they are ready to stop drinking. They all get to have a break for lunch as well. It was nice to see. They are chained up and have a 2 metre circumference, but they're not energetic critters and they do get quite a workout during the day.

If you're staying overnight though I think the price they charge is horrendous as you really don't get anything that the general public can't. I would also feel uncomfortable looking out my window at night and seeing all the elephants chained up.

I can see that for a large family this would be an expensive place to visit for something that lasts no more than 4hours. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to a place that was cheap but where the elephants were treated poorly. The guides are paired up with an elephant and our elephant guide had been with his for 10 years. He was very informative and interesting.

There are opportunities for photos with the elephants. They will use your camera or you can purchase a photo from their camera - only $8.

I was initially concerned to hear that they sell ivory, but this is ivory that is considered to be fossilised. There is a small museum and a gift shop which are both worth looking at while you're there.

Glenelg, Australia
“Absolutely Fantastic!!! 5 STARS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My partner and I visited The Elephant Safari Park in late August. By far it was the best experience of our trip to Bali. We booked through our Hotel and were picked up at 8am sharp. The drive took just under two hours to get to the park entrance. Payment and entry was a breeze. We were told our names would be called over the loud speaker when it was our turn to ride the elephant. This gave us plenty of time to look around the park.

The walks were well signed and the facilities were great. From the Monster Amazonian fish to the Museum I loved it all. We watched the first display of the day which showed three of the elephants and different skills. I was impressed to say the least. Next stop was the nursery where three baby elephants were chopming on as much bamboo as the could get in their mouths. Very cute!

We had a beautiful buffet lunch in the open air restaurant whilst we watched the elephants frolicking in the lake beside us. Straight after lunch it was out turn for the ride. Our elephant was named "Aruu" she was 29 years old. The ride took about 35 minutes and our guide was great telling about the park, Aruu and the vegetation during the ride. About halfway through the ride I 'popped the question' to the misus. She was overwhelmed as she loves elephants and gladly accepted my proposal.

When we returned from the ride we wandered around for a while longer then met up with the 2 other couple we had travelled from Kuta with. Our ride back to Kuta took about 2 and 1/2 hours due to afternoon rush hour traffic. We arrived at the resort about 5.30pm exhausted.

Overall a fantastic experience, from the elephants to the food to my new fiance' It was something I will never forget. Thankyou Elephant Safari Park.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We took the twilight elephant ride with dinner ($US109 pp) and we thought it was excellent.

The park is absolutely immaculate and well groomed. All the facilities are in excellent condition and well maintained.

There are good opportunities to feed and get close to the elephants – both adults and babies. All good fun and plenty of photo opportunities. Staff are happy to take photos of couples.

We found our guide knowledgeable and friendly and explained a lot about the park as we were shown around

Elephant show was short but fun then we enjoyed the pleasant 25 minute ride on our elephant.
We finished with an outstanding quality buffet dinner. Really amazed actually how good the dinner was!

Overall we had a great evening and well worth the visit

The only point to note is that it is quite a way out and a FULL 2 hour drive from Kuta in the afternoon but shorter drive back in the evening (less traffic)

“Judge for yourself”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

If you only visit the park and do not stay overnight, the total time you will spend there is only half à day. (9 to 12.30) During this period you will make àn elephant ride of about 35 minutes and see the elephant show that takes about 30 minutes. My score on à 1 to 10 scale (10 is excellent): elephant ride: 7, elephant show: 6,5. Furthermore you will à good lunch, Indonesian style. We are 5; 2 adults and 3 kids (age 7, 5 and 2). Guess what we paid...259 USD in total. I don't want to be rude, but for is this was absolutely not worth the money.