We had 1D/1N to kill in Bali before flying on to Jakarta and didn't want to be surrounded by the drunken chaos of Kuta and Legian. We heard that Bingin was a chilled alternative and booked a room by phone at Bingin Garden. What a great decision.
It's really friendly, very laid back and in a beautiful location with relaxing gardens in which to sit back and enjoy the sunshine.
* Beautiful spot on the Bali coastline, walking distance of the surfer beaches
* Really clean and spacious rooms, very well decorated with excellent bathrooms
* Very friendly welcome and helpful staff
* We paid 250,000Rp (about $26) for a large private cottage with our own balcony, overlooking the gardens
* The staff can organise taxi back to airport or on to other locations - a bit on the expensive side but really nice A/C car
* Very quiet so peaceful sleep
* Bit out the way when you want shops - there are a few basic restaurant/bars on the walk down the cliffs, about 10mins but nearest town is a 10min ride by motorbike or 45min walk
* The breakfast is way too expensive but it's a long walk to somewhere else
We'd definitely come back. It's on the expensive side for Indonesia but it's worth the splurge. We had one of the best night's sleep on our travels.