“Unusual friendly atmosphere on the top of the world.” 4 of 5 stars

Lupug 5th Lane Gate 11, Lhasa, China
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Lhasa
Cuisines: Asian
Description: they serve Indian Western, Tibetan & Nepaliphone 0891-6303399two locations, also at Yutok lu #30 la Yingzhufeng weiye 2nd Floor, next to Cinema Hall, Lhasa Tibet China
Lhasa, China
“Unusual friendly atmosphere on the top of the world.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Really good experience and nice local food. I went there to visit my freind I leave in china for many years so its always a great pleasure to go up in Lhasa and enjoy they're local food and for sure local butter yak tea and the rest ......

• Visited February 2013

Copenhagen
“Long wait, but it was worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Service is not a strength at this restaurant. I think I waited for about 20 minutes before I caught someone's eye, and asked if I could order. Anyway, I wasn't very hungry, and I had a bottle of water and a good book with me.
I ordered a keema naan, which is a naan stuffed with minced meat, and some dhal. The order did not take long to come, and when it did, it was worth waiting for. The naan was crisp on the outside, and soft inside, which it should be. The dhal was watery, but tasted good. Anyway, having dinner for 25 yuan was value for money.

• Visited June 2013
Los Altos, California
“A must visit in Lhasa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great food, relatively inexpensive and lots of choices to pick from. We had the Yak momos, potato momos, butter chicken, spicy naan, and mutton ghost. All were delicious. The service was great, and our waitress had a great sense of humor so she entertained us the entire time we were there, even though the place was packed full! Great food and service, and also visited by many locals.

Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“No Naan For Us, Disappointing Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Exhausted in the afternoons from touring around Lhasa and still adjusting to the altitude, our dinner plans at Lhasa Namaste more than once are passed up for afternoon naps that go well beyond dinner time. For now, being able to savor their much raved about naan bread is only a dream.

Fortunately for us, our tour guide agrees to take us there for one of our lunch stops. This solves two of our problems. One being able to find Lhasa Namaste and two being able to eat before we fall asleep.

Lhasa Namaste is co-located with a hotel and has a nice seating area within the hotel's courtyard. The weather is decent when we arrive and dining outside seems like a good option. Unfortunately, it is a Sunday afternoon and we face a big disappointment.

For some reason there is none of Lhasa Namaste famous and much raved about naan bread available. What a let down as this was one of the main reasons we wanted to dine here.

This makes no sense to me as most of the items on the menu offer rice or naan as an option.

When we expressed our disappointment, instead of being met with an apologetic explanation, I felt we got a “sucks to be you”, “so bad so sad” response.

With that culinary dream crushed we proceeded to order lunch with a waitress who seem frustrated and overwhelmed by our dilemma.

Although she spoke English this may have just been a cultural misunderstanding on our part, who knows. However, when we asked for chopped sticks and it took about ten minutes to get them then I think that is just poor service.

To Lhasa Namaste credit, the food we did order was flavorful although a bit more pricy in comparison to the other restaurants in the area. My order of Mutton Bhuna Goast Set was delicious although I think it would have been even better if I was able to enjoy it with some garlic naan.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beijing, China
“Great food, indifferent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food in this restaurant is worth seeking out, as it really stands out from other places. The Naan was clearly the best that we had in Tibet, puffy and crispy. The dal makhani had a great balance of creaminess and spice. The chicken tikka was excellent - succulent and tender with a nice spice on the outside. The chicken tikka butter masala was also tasty. On the Tibetan side both the cheese and yak momos (dumplings) were excellent. There was also Nepali and Tibetan curries which were good as well. Value is excellent, with costs hardly exceeding 50 RMB a person with more food than you can eat. The restaurant has a pleasant courtyard to sit outside in good weather. Now the service is the one outlier- while efficient, it can be best described as surly. If you don't take immediate offense to this, it is fine- it actually becomes part of the experience. in the end , the food is hard to beat in Lhasa.

• Visited May 2013