“Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites

You added Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.89 Hanzhong Road, Baixia District, Nanjing 210029, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 1,583 Hotels in Nanjing
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I loved every single thing about this hotel. You will feel like royalty the moment you step into the lobby area. I highly recommend this hotel. Sadly, I couldn't enjoy all the perks of the hotel to its fullest due to the hours of my work.

Highs: the comforting beds... they also have an array of pillows for you to choose from... feathers to cottons...

Lows: The hotel is located in an area which doesn't have much nightlife... therefore, night strolls can get bait boring and gloomy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

When booking the room requested double beds room, upon arrival was told that due to tour group I could only get a king size bed room, I had to book another room in order to accommodate 3 people. The king size bed room is at corner, only half size of regular standard room with weird shape. Since only one nighter, didnt bother to switch the room. The lobby is not on the ground level since the hotel is on top of the shopping mall, good location but difficult to find exact entrance, whole lobby doesnt have day light, the color like night club. After you check in and wait for the elevator, you realize that there is a real night club right beside the elevator. The girls wear very short skirt, tight top, I dont know what kind of clientle they have, but seems to me very business like. Since just stayed two amazing nights at Wuxi Intercontinental, this Crowne Plaza is horrible to compare with. Simple amenities, small guest room with small bath room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Crowne Plaza Nanjing in November for 2 nights. Prior to that, we spent three nights at the Sofitel Zhangshan Golf Resort in Nanjing because I golfed there. I was so glad that I made the plan to move closer to Nanjing downtown after my short golf holiday.

Crowne Plaza is a very conveniently located hotel which is right in the heart of Nanjing. It's so easy for us to walk around to look for shopping centers and good restaurants. The service offered by the staff during our stay was top notched. From check in to check out, we felt that we were being taken care of by the highly attentive and cheerful staff. Because we had 2 golf bags and 2 pieces of baggages, we asked the hotel to arrange our ride to the airport. We loved our comfortable ride by the hotel's 7 people van and the price was quite reasonable. We were also quite happy about the quality and variety of the food offered during breakfast at the buffet restaurant. Additional, free internet service is accessible everywhere and is quite fast.

Because I am a Platinmum Priority Club member, we got upgraded from a junior to a studio suite. The room was very spacious and comfortable. On the 41st floor, the view of Nanjing city was impressive.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. If I were to return to Nanjing, I would choose this hotel again. One thing I don't understand is why this hotel has a lower Tripadvisor rating than Sofitel Zhongshan Nanjing. I would rank Crowne Plaza higher than the Sofitel because of their level of service and proper maintenance of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Mermaid Waters
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel once you find your way into it through a shopping centre. It is a bit tricky at first but once you get used to finding the entrance it is OK. Rooms were very nice and in good condition. Bathroom was large with separate shower and plenty of space to spread out. Housekeeping was very good. Breakfast was OK but the staff were very lax except when there was a supervisor about. They didn't clear away and were reluctant to bring fresh tea or coffee which was always luke warm anyway. The egg chef one morning was very rude and told me to come back in 15 minutes because he was too busy. 15 minutes - very efficient!! The next morning a lady chef was on the egg station and she couldn't have been nicer. Fruit wasn't replenished promptly and the hot food was cold. It could have been a very nice breakfast if properly run. Hotel is in a good position close to the Metro with lots of shops underground and plenty of restaurants.Easy to get to all the tourist spots by Metro. Would recommend a visit to the Nanjing Massacre site. Very well put together museum with good English signage and free to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms high up have good view of the city.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

It's a good business hotel - close to downtown areas and good services (including fitness center that I need the most) provided.

The food, especially the breakfast, is outstanding. The bathroom is awesome and is in good condition too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Nanjing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were visiting family in Nanjing. Hotel proved to be excellent, the staff were marvellous, nothing was too much trouble. We extended our check out without any problem. Food was very good . Rooms were spacious and kept meticulously clean. Business lounge was very convenient, the food and service outstanding. Would have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel to both the business and holiday traveller. Metro is 2 minute away, Hotel located in heart of shopping area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Asia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Checked into Crowne Plaza Nanjing on 23rd July and stayed in Room 4310. The aircon in this room is not working at all. When brought it up to the technician the next morning his excuse was because the vent duct is next to the window that is why you are feeling hot but it should be OK during the night. I told him not so as I was sweating the whole night, he then placed the thermometer just outside the vent duct and show me that the reading is 21 dec C when I asked him to measure at the bed area he told me is 27 deg C. The chamber maid suggest bringing a electric fan into my room whicih I rejected. I then request to have my room changed and they placed me in room 4314. The aircon in this room is OK except if you or your neighbour use the water they will be a continuous sharp "yi................" sound coming out from the shower which affect your sleep. I brought it up to the front desk on this problem and their comments is "Cannot be help"

What a joke! Isn't this a 5 stars hotel?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
JPNKG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your experience here and we apprecaite your efforts to let us know where we can do better. We have taken actions on the areas mentioned in your comment. We look forward to bring you a better experience in the near future

Been to Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!