“Always Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong

Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)
+852 2132 0066
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just divine..service spot on, food always prepared perfectly and creatively, ambiance excellent, wines superb. Consistant! Best restaurant in HK and Ive tried them all!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LandmarkMO, Fine Dining Restaurant Manager at Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of Amber on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about Amber’s ambience and we’re glad you enjoyed our service, wine and cuisine. It’s with great pleasure to be named as “the best restaurant in Hong Kong” and we look forward to welcoming you back at Amber.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“underwhelmed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I don't know how to rate Amber. It's a mixed bag. Maybe I expected too much. We order three-course set lunch (HK$580+10%/per person). Starters and deserts were artfully presented and very tasty, but main courses -- fresh pan-seared line-caught dory and brill -- tasted a bit bland and boring.

To be fair, service is flawless but it cannot make for up one crucial element in dining -- food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time writing this review of Amber and your compliments about our service is much appreciated.

Meanwhile, your disappointment on our food draws our attention. Please accept our sincere apology and please do not hesitate to share more of your thoughts with us via lmhkg-amber@mohg.com. We would be very glad to hear from you and to greet you again at Amber.

Singapore
“Elegant and Distinguished”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my son, and had one of the best meals I had ever had in Hong Kong.

The restaurant has an emphasis on perfection and does it very well. The food is delicate and of the finest quality as you would expect in French cuisine. The wine list is as impressive as the menu, and the ambiance out of this world. The service is super attentive, and chef very nicely slips in courses between the ones you have ordered on a complimentary basis. The service is unhurried and to enjoy this restaurant to its fullest , you too should not be in a hurry. Sit back, relax, and let it happen. Michelin 3 star I believe - and I can well believe that too.

We had the set menu, and were well pleased.

Food at its finest, elegant and distinguished.

One of my favorite places to dine.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LandmarkMO, Fine Dining Restaurant Manager at Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of Amber on TripAdvisor. It is great to know you enjoyed our cuisine, wine list as well as service. It has always been our spirit to create the perfect dining experience to all of our guests.

We really appreciate your recognition for us. Please feel free to be back at Amber and we would be glad to greet you again.

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Power Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently visited Hong kong and wanted to have a quiet catch-up with close friends and chose Amber for it's proximity to Central. We chose the Central Power Breakfast menu and it was great! We had two choices of welcome drinks, fresh orange juice and watermelon juice, or have both. The breakfast choices were all good, I chose the eggs benedict and asked if they could put the ham on the side (as I didn't eat ham) and no problem. We enjoyed the food and had a proper catch up as the ambience was so nice and quiet and our server was very considerate and left us alone to chat away, but very attentive when he felt we needed something. I highly recommend the breakfast for a catch-up.

Also, I booked by email as I am based in another country and I made several changes to the booking, but everytime I made a change, I received a response right away accommodating my request. Very good service!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for revewing us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you like our Central Power Breakfast and enjoyed the ambience of Amber. We believe it is very important to have a delightful breakfast as it can light up your day. Your praises are very inspiring and will be definitely shared with the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Amber.

Beijing, China
“Hong Kong's Best French Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not forgeting that Hong Kong is host to many of the world's top chefs, Robuchon, Gagnaire, Ducass, and now Gordon Ramsey, this restaurant under Chef Richard Elkebus si the best by food standard. Unlike the above world-known big names who are simply not in residence, the chef here oversees daily cooking most time and he continues to create new dishes. Best "must try" are the sea urchin dish and if available, a dish called "organic eggs" which I often pre-order from the good chef whom I know. I do not like the decor too much but service is excellent. It has Michelin 2* and it is the highest ranked restaurant by the San P World's 50 Best: it deserves more than the Michelin 3* restaurants in the area in my view. An experience.....

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for sharing your dining experience at Amber on TripAdvisor. It is our pleasure to delight you with our "star" - the Hokkaido Sea Urchin dish as well as the popular "organic eegs". We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our food, service and Chef Richard Ekkebus.

Please do not hesitate to come back at Amber.