The title states that the location is a drawback but it can also be a plus as well. For those who want to be in the middle of the action then staying closer to Central, Wanchai, TST would be more convenient. For those who would rather stay with the "locals" then this location is perfect. There is a less "touristy" feel but the hustle and bustle is still there; it's just more of the local people going to school, work, shopping, etc. That's the only potential negative I can see to this place.
The hotel is clean and modern in design. It is a high rise with a small footprint because space is at a premium in Hong Kong. Most of the surrounding buildings are built similarly.
The check-in was quick and efficient. I received a free upgrade to a harbor view room on the 32nd Executive floor which turned out to be the top floor. The view was wonderful. It was great seeing the boat traffic and to be able to see West Kowloon. There was a slight disadvantage to staying on one of the higher floors. With only 3 elevators servicing the hotel sometimes there was a slight wait.
The room was spotlessly clean, looked brand new, and had a modern contemporary design. I wish all hotel rooms would provide the multiple lighting options I had in my room with control switches next to the bed. I also love the wall-mounted controls for the window shades including a black-out blind. The room size was compact but expected for Hong Kong hotels. The bathroom was also compact with a shower but no tub. There was always excellent water pressure although I did experience several episodes of flucuating water temperature.
I was able to use the Executive Lounge on the 6th floor. There was a nice selection for breakfast and snacks in the evening along with beer and wine. The small gym was also on the 6th floor with some free weights, weight machines and several aerobic machines. Both the Executive Lounge and the gym had nice views of the harbor.
There was a very attentive staff who did not hesitate to help with any of my requests during my stay. Ask the staff for help on using the tram or the bus. Also ask for a card with the hotel address to use with taxis. After getting some tips from the hotel staff, I used the tram, the bus, and the MTR and got around Hong Kong and Kowloon just fine. The system is convenient, runs frequently, and fairly easy to use. The Hong Kong-Macau ferry terminal is about a 15-minute walk from the hotel. The nearest MTR station is about a 20-min walk from the hotel. The nearest tram station is just outside the hotel at the intersection. Several bus stops are at the intersection as well. I recommend sitting on the top level of the double decker tram or bus for nice views as you travel around town. I also recommend getting the Octopus card so you don't have to carry the exact fare amount.
The hotel also offers free one-way scheduled shuttles to several destinations. You can get a copy of the schedule on the hotel website.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Hong Kong Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Courtyard Hong Kong
- Marriott Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Marriott
- Hong Kong Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for spectacular shopping, sightseeing and entertainment, Hong Kong is ideal for business travel. With a beautiful backdrop of Victoria Harbour, Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong offers great views and easy access to the financial district, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), International Finance Centre (IFC), Macau Ferry terminal and International Commerce Centre (ICC). Our downtown Hong Kong hotel features complimentary shuttle to major Hong Kong Island business districts. The lobby's interactive GoBoard lets you find local restaurants and learn about the weather, news and travel conditions. Smartly designed guests rooms offer great views, Marriott Revive bedding, LCD TV, high-speed Internet, and a luxurious marble bathroom. Our executive floor rooms and suites provide access to the cozy Executive Lounge. Enjoy a workout in our 24-hour fitness centre and dine at our award-winning restaurant MoMo Café. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.