“Nice and warm hotel” 4 of 5 stars

HK$1 Breafast Offer
Ranked #72 of 667 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Nice and warm hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in mongkok however this time I tried courtyard location wise a bit out however lovely hotel wonderful staff ... All very helpful.. One staff I would like to comment is William from the concierge who helped me arrange something special. Great wonderful asset to the hotel

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed there for only one night on our way to the Philippines.
Location is very close to the airport bus station and even though it is not in the main parts of Hong Kong Island, location is good with lots of restaurants, etc.
Rooms (we had harbour view) were quite spacious for Hong Kong, clean and nicely designed. We used the lounge for drinks and breakfast (Marriott status) and while the first one was good, the breakfast was fantastic for just being a continental lounge breakfast.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandton, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hotel is not close to MTR - a bit out of town- But walking to central district about 30 min. Rooms are nice and big although not spotless . The free shuttle - not frequent and no shuttles to airport. The free internet service is good.
The bed sleep great . Breakfast was not included in the rate and they charge a 10% service fee per night.
We did get an early check in - according to HK rates this is apparently reasonable -
There is a gym on the 6th floor and business centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I like the room decor, entire room feels very comfy. Clean bathroom and comfy bed. The room service dining was awesome though a bit pricey. Only 1 chair in the room tho not sure how are 2 people supposed to dine. Free shuttle service in the morning is not very frequent and a lot of people queuing for taxi. Waited so long for the taxi until the shuttle came 45 minutes later and took the shuttle instead. Location is very close to ferry terminal which saved us time when going to Macau. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at Courtyard Hong Kong for 9 nights during our annual visit to Hong Kong. From the airport it took less than 30 mins by A10 bus, and the bus stopped right across the hotel. That's a great plus if you have many bags to carry and not wanting to spend money on taking a taxi.

Check-in was great, and easy. We got an upgrade plus lounge access as Marriott Rewards Gold Members. The lounge was nice with drinks available until 11pm (you can get alcoholic drinks during happy hours). Food in the lounge was not impressive - I didn't wait around for it since there are nicer food offerings outside. Lounge service was good though - the lady there remembered that my little boy likes hot chocolate so she made one for him when we were there!

Our room was small (we already got a bigger sea view room as upgrade), the hotel didn't provide any crib (so bring your own if you travel with your small one). The room had nice view but again it didn't matter much to us since we are out the whole day anyway. The shower was fairly small and I do miss a bathtub in the room.

The tea bags provided in our room tasted very strange. I think they were one of the worst tea I had ever tasted. I used those from the lounge instead.

I did like the fact that the hotel provided shopping bag - since you have to bring your own bags to shop in Hong Kong nowadays. It's a nice touch.

Breakfast was ok - I had the option to have the breakfast in the restaurant, so I made use of it. It wasn't impressive (compared to the breakfast at hotels in Singapore I just had before), ok choice but nothing made you 'wow'. I actually skipped a few of those and got some sleep instead.

Location of the hotel is ok, it's definitely not the best location you can find in Hong Kong. The hotel does provide a shuttle to IFC but I found that it took too long. So instead I took bus 5 right outside the hotel instead if I'm heading towards Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. There was also direct bus to Tsim Sha Tsui which was really convenient. A big minus for the hotel's location is no MTR access right now (they are working on it and I think it'll be ready in the next 2 years or so).

I gave this hotel 4 out of 5 because the breakfast is nothing special, the location, room size and the price - for HKD1800 there are plenty of choices in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you are a Marriott Rewards elite member.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We will stay again.
Customer service especially the concierge was awesome.
Location is not too bad. They have shuttle bus and ifc, central, lan Kwai fong etc are short cab drive away.
A great choice. Living up to the Marriott standards.

• Stayed October 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner, 15 year old son and I stayed in August 2012 for 3 nights as a stop over on our way home to England and from the moment we arrived to the minute we checked out the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. Arrived after a 10 hour flight from Sydney, travel weary and jetlagged but this hotel still managed to bring a smile to my face!! I have stayed at quite a few Marriotts and their standards never slip no matter what country.

We had 2 rooms on the 25th floor and the first thing that you notice on entering is the view! Floor to ceiling glass gives an uninterrupted view out over Hong Kong Harbour - it's breathtaking! But back to the rooms... very well equipped with flat screen tv, free wifi, i-pod docking station, tea & coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and hairdryer. There were 2 double beds which were really comfy and the room size in general was great. The divide between the bedroom and bathroom was 'interesting' as it was just a full wall of glass which was a bit too much for me as I'm no exhibitionist but all was not lost as there were blinds which could be dropped to save my blushes!! I guess the idea behind it was to be able to see the view from every part of the room which you most certainly could if the blind stayed up!!

All in all both bedroom and bathroom were very stylish, clean and to the standard I expected from a Marriott.

It is located a 30 second walk away from the nearest tram stop which will take you into the very heart of HK island for a flat rate of HK$2.40 and we found this to be the most authentic way of getting from place to place, although taxis are cheap enough too. The hotel also offers a free shuttle bus to Central Station. But walking is the way to see and smell real HK.

I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again if I'm lucky enough to get a second trip to HK...fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor harbour view room - amazing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong? Share your experiences!