“Amazing Views Over Hong Kong Harbour” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4
Ranked #65 of 614 hotels in Hong Kong
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing Views Over Hong Kong Harbour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner, 15 year old son and I stayed in August 2012 for 3 nights as a stop over on our way home to England and from the moment we arrived to the minute we checked out the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. Arrived after a 10 hour flight from Sydney, travel weary and jetlagged but this hotel still managed to bring a smile to my face!! I have stayed at quite a few Marriotts and their standards never slip no matter what country.

We had 2 rooms on the 25th floor and the first thing that you notice on entering is the view! Floor to ceiling glass gives an uninterrupted view out over Hong Kong Harbour - it's breathtaking! But back to the rooms... very well equipped with flat screen tv, free wifi, i-pod docking station, tea & coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and hairdryer. There were 2 double beds which were really comfy and the room size in general was great. The divide between the bedroom and bathroom was 'interesting' as it was just a full wall of glass which was a bit too much for me as I'm no exhibitionist but all was not lost as there were blinds which could be dropped to save my blushes!! I guess the idea behind it was to be able to see the view from every part of the room which you most certainly could if the blind stayed up!!

All in all both bedroom and bathroom were very stylish, clean and to the standard I expected from a Marriott.

It is located a 30 second walk away from the nearest tram stop which will take you into the very heart of HK island for a flat rate of HK$2.40 and we found this to be the most authentic way of getting from place to place, although taxis are cheap enough too. The hotel also offers a free shuttle bus to Central Station. But walking is the way to see and smell real HK.

I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again if I'm lucky enough to get a second trip to HK...fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor harbour view room - amazing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The courtyard. The staff were exceptionally helpful. I nearly missed my return shuttle to the airport and staff at the hotel went to great lengths to ensure I got onto the shuttle. Rooms were immaculate and breakfast was brilliant wih great choice and quality. I cannot say enough good things about my stay here and would highly recommend this hotel to business visitors.

• Stayed October 2012
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times, largely because it is a reasonably priced hotel (for Hong Kong) and I am a Marriott member. However, I also find the service level quite high and the exercise facilities better than most Courtyard hotels. The location is not that great, but, as others have noted, the nearby tram provides cheap transportation to Central. The hotel's shuttle service, which I do not remember from previous trips, also makes the hotel less distant, though the shuttle does not go everywhere. I have been in various rooms in the hotel. They are uniformly small, but again not odd for Hong Kong. Housekeeping is not always consistent, but has never been bad.

Room Tip: Try your best to get a harbor view! The issue is not only the fact that view from the Des Voeux roa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Concord
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Traveling on a budget and not wanted to use all my Marriott points, I was really struggling with choice between Courtyard or JW in Hong Kong. JW is closer to the action, but for the money (points in my case) the walk from Courtyard to all the action was great. It was a good 20 minutes each time we wanted to get to subway, but with all we were eating it was good exercise. You can take taxi for very little money, but if you can walk do it.. we walked at all hours and it was completely safe. As for the staff and hotel, just wonderful... we arrived very early and we not able to get a room, but they let us get breakfast for free! That was great. Would do it again, and guess what now I have points for Ghent Marriott next year!!!

Room Tip: we had view of the harbour, it was fantastic
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I have recently stayed at this hotel which was clean, modern and conveniently placed for HK island and almost next to a stop for HKs excellent trams ($HK2.3 for any journey).
The staff were very helpful and the restaurant does excellent breakfasts (get a B&B deal as they are quite expensive). Our room was super with a fantastic view of the harbour from two sides(corner room). the WiFi was free and fast. My only gripe was the lack of a bar and lounge area and the rather odd bathroom arrangement with clear glass in the toilet so that you could be seen from the bedroom! However, my friends room had a private toilet. Worth checking.

Room Tip: Get a corner room for the fabulous view as high as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I love this hotel. Its a high quality hotel and they always offer good rates and its not in the typical business centre so you get a taste of 'local' HK. Be sure to ride the old street cars, they are incredible.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Being from the USA where Marriott's Courtyard Hotels are usually nothing special (more like a basic Novotel or a fancy Ibis) I was shocked when I arrived at the Courtyard Hong Kong. The hotel is relatively new with a very upscale design. It was like walking into a 4 star boutique hotel in New York City. Very attractive lobby, very friendly helpful desk clerk and I couldn't beleive how upscale the room is. The exterior of the building is all glass so it provides a great view of the city. The bathroom was large with all of the amenities found in a 5 star hotel. The bed was great and the staff even provided me with extra feather pillows per my reservation request. The wi-fi is free. Marriott needs to provide free wi-fi at all of its properties.

Having just arrived from the USA and the 16 hour flight from Chicago this was a fantastic hotel to land at!

In the morning I had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.

The hotel provides a free shuttle every hour to the Hong Kong Central metro station for an easy inexpensive ride to the airport.

A great unexpected stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong? Share your experiences!