“Great location, wonderful view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd]

You added Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd] to your Saves list
Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd]
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.353 Castle Peak Road, Ting Kau, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, China (Tsuen Wan)   |
Ranked #155 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
3.5 of 5 stars 376 Reviews
San Francisco, California
“Great location, wonderful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I wish I would have stayed here for my whole vacation. Although it is a bit far from the city centre, the hotel provides a regular shuttle to/from the metro station. Getting around was not an issue.
Our room was very large and clean. Wonderful view of the city, bridge and ocean. The room has a microwave, fridge and large windows.
The seafood buffet was over the top!!! And the staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed at 3 different hotels during our stay in Hong Kong (all in the same price range) and this was the best by far, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rvh_Hk, Public Relations Manager at Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd], responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Royal View Hotel. We are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel, and it still lived up to our high expectations despite a few flaws. First of all, it's quite far from the city, but with the frequent shuttle bus system to the nearest MTR station, it's very convenient. Our first stay, two years ago, had a much better shuttle bus system. It had the same frequencies for buses going to Tsim Sha Tsui (which has MTR, ferry, high-end shopping, and tourist places) and Tsuen Wan (MTR), but this year it only had 3 buses to Tsim Sha Tsui per day, but many buses to Tsuen Wan. Why? It would make more sense to direct buses to TST rather than Tsuen Wan, especially since the ferry from TST connects the Kowloon and Central (HK Island). Anyway it was still pretty convenient, didn't give us much hassle so it's all cool.

Moving on, we stayed for 2 weeks, same as last time. Last time we were upgraded to the top floor room (19th), with sea view, and a double bed. This time we were upgraded to the 17th floor, but it didn't matter because for some reason this room was much better. It had the exact same facilities, but this time we had a sofa bed in addition to the double bed, and a much better sea view (we could see the beach too!). It also had a fridge, kitchenette etc. A suggestion would be that the hotel puts better channels on their tv! (No Star World, Star movies etc?)

Hotel amenities are great, clean swimming pool with inflatable toys, clean and large gym to work out. Go downstairs and use 1 hour free wifi if you didn't buy the 24 hour wifi package to your room. This time we didn't because last time it was messy and only one device could use it at a time and we weren't in the room for much of the day so what was the point? Didn't try hotel restaurant, seemed too pricey for the food.

The hotel is near a couple of beaches, and there are clear directions to the beach and promenade (can take a relaxing walk). The beach is clean and not crowded, so it's nice for a short time-spend because it's only walking distance. Also for the room cleaning, make sure you take it on the days they give you (twice a week), otherwise they will try charging you extra even though it was complementary. For laundry service, also talk to the manager before doing it, because apparently the complementary laundry means 'self-service' laundry, so we had to get tokens and go to the laundry room and wash the clothes in the washing machines ourselves (they don't even provide any detergent).

We had a lot of luggage during check-out, and the staff were very friendly and helped us get a taxi and sort the fare out before getting on. Overall a good experience, definitely value for money, will probably come back next time.

PS. There are just so many mainlanders (no offense, and I'm not being racist) but they can get very noisy and disrupting especially in the lobby as they come in huge tour groups and they clog up all the lower floors so it's better if you get a room on the top floors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Royal View Hotel is located a bit far from the city. But Hong Kong has a great transportation system, the MTR, and the plus about this hotel is, the provide free shuttle bus from the MTR exit to the Hotel. Almost every 30 minutes from dusk till dawn.

The service of this hotel, was also very satisfying. The staff made sure, we were given the "Royal" treatment. The greatest thing about this hotel is, the Room rate is reasonable.

The cheapest room is also big, compared to other hotels in hong kong. The rooms are well maintained. Since it is near the oceanside and abit far from the madding crowd, you can have a more peaceful sleep. Especially if you like your sleep quiet.

Overall, i will come back to this hotel again and, i highly recommend people to stay in this hotel during their trip to hong kong.

Room Tip: Higher floor will reduce traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rvh_Hk, Public Relations Manager at Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd], responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room is big, clean and with a great view. However, the hotel is located too far from town areas. By taking hotel shuttle bus, we took about 20 mins to 30 mins from the hotel to Tsuen Wan MTR station. It took another 30 mins by MTR to the attractions/town/shopping areas.. Everyday we have wasted at least 2 hours in the transportation and end up we have missed many places that we plan to go. No restaurant or eating areas nearby the hotel, had to travel out for local breakfast and dinner. Highly not recommend if you want to feel night life or shopping in Hong Kong.

• Stayed May 2013
Rvh_Hk, Public Relations Manager at Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd], responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's practically impossible to get long-stay apartment reviews that I decided I will write one. We stayed in a studio for 1 month, Feb to March 2013. The studio has cooking facilities (hot plate and microwave oven), cutlery and crockery, and a good-sized fridge. Housekeeping is twice a week which includes bed linen change. We found the complimentary shuttle bus service very reliable - used it everyday. I bought an annual pass to Disneyland HK, knowing that I can get to Disneyland easily and so can go there as often as I like (will go again in Jan to Feb 2014 before my annual pass expires). I would give a 5-stars review if there's a tv guide - there's cable tv but without a tv guide I never get to watch a movie from the beginning. One more thing, the bed is very hard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rvh_Hk, Public Relations Manager at Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd], responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at Royal View Hotel Hong Kong for 3 nights, the room was very clear and perfect. Some people might find the room a little small, but i can live with it. The lobby is a little crowded. And no one even comes to pick our baggage, that's not good. Apart from this, we didnt have any concerns. If you are a non-smoker - please request before hand for a non-smoking room. The other thing is its at-least 30-40 mins away from the city - which is pain because you don't have any food options near-by. You have to finish you tour at the city and make sure you have dinner before you get back to the hotel. The bathroom had all the amenities required for a comfortable stay. Overall a great place.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking rooms, make sure you request appropriately while making the bookin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Taipei
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travelled with my wife and my daughter to visit my daughter and my son-in-law in Hong Kong.
My son-in-law helped us arrange our accommodation three nights at this hotel, and I would like to share some of experiences at this hotel.
1st night:
a. My wife said the mattress was too soft when comparing to Hyatt Regency Shatin Hotel.
b. My son-in-law thought the TV was old fashion and the image was so blurry and unclear
c. My son-in-law did not like the lobby, because we had to stand and wait 10 to 15 for a
taxi at the lobby. They did not have any chairs for my wife who has leg problems.
d. They could not even tell us how we could store our luggages at Concierge around 1am after checking-in at the hotel. Our family had to wait another day for the concierge staff.
e. The shower was terrible, because there was no water coming out when I was trying to wash my nose. Water could come out if the shower head was up side down. For people like me having nose allergies have terrible to get use to the shower system.
2nd night:
a. My wife and I discovered that the mattress cover and pillow case had stains.
b. On the pillow case, there was some grey colour stain and brown yellow colour stain on the mattress cover.
Check-out day
a. Front desk officer helped me check out my room and cancel my credit card authorisation holds, but they did not ask to swipe my credit card. Instead, they stamped "cancelled" on the copy of my authorisation slip. Nevertheless, I have not yet received my credit back. The procedure was quite different from the places where I traveled, (Europe, USA, Taiwan and China).
b. After checking out the room, we stored two luggages at lobby to pick up at around 4pm, so that we could do some more shopping in Hong Kong. We returned hotel to pick up our luggages. As there was any sitting space for us to put our souvenirs inside our luggages, we found a place in Lobby away from the walkway and started packing our staff. Likewise, my daughter would like to change her contact lens to regular glasses, because she did not feel comfortable with her lens. Later, a concierge staff member told us to move our luggage little bit, so that we weren't blocking the entrance. After a minute or two, we moved out luggages away from the door. Suddenly a hotel staff, Mr. Alex Yuen approached me and point to my belt and started yelling not to adjust my belt at the lobby. Firstly, there was not enough space at the restroom for me to adjust my belt and my pants. Secondly, there was not anybody walking around that area. Thirdly, I was not happy not because of adjusting my belt at the lobby and it was because the way he presented was impolite, rude and pointing finger at me. Later it was so funny that they showed us a group lounge to pack our luggage, but we had to walk through a very dark undecorated corridor to get there. We were afraid that it used to be an employee area. We decided to leave the hotel immediately and asked to speak to the general manager, but he was not in his office. Normally, hotel general manager or director of rooms stayed in the hotel to handle emergencies. Mr. Oscar Chan, Guest Service Manager told us that they were not at the office. My daughter even did not have time to change her glasses. The Lobby was very bad in design. No sitting space was provided. No chairs were provided on our requests.
We were trying not to complain and to tolerate the service provided, however the front office staff, especially Mr Alex Yuen stimulate my emotions and bad experiences at this hotel. I hope that your management will review your staff attitude and communication skills. Also I may take further step to write a complain to Tourism Board and Consumer Council. I will send all my messages to all my relatives and friends in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and U.S.A. not to choose your hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Royal View Hotel. We have carefully studied your valuable comments and will take appropriate actions to rectify the problems you mentioned. In order to avoid similar case happen again, we will review, closely monitor and upgrade our service immediately. We are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Royal View Hotel [subsidiary of Sunhung Kai Properties Ltd]? Share your experiences!