Travelled with my family: us (couple), wheelchair-bound mom, a colleague, 2 kids and a help. We reserved for 2 standard rooms with a request for one disabled-friendly room. When we arrived, we were moved to one large executive suite at the 87th floor. I don't know the reason, maybe perhaps we were with my wheelchair-bound mom and needed a large space and large toilet for her, but I'm not complaining. In fact, super happy with this. So, this review is NOT for the standard room but will focus more on what room we stayed.
PLUS (+) points:
- Excellent location - Hotel is a 7-minute leisurely walk to Tsuen Wan West station; Also sandwiched by malls around; It is right in front of a community market where you can easily go around and buy affordable food; lots of affordable eats and shops near the market; it is also near Disney Land.
- Disabled-friendly - Upgraded us to a nice large executive suite with big space for wheelchair to navigate and a large beautiful toilet.
- Child-friendly - Large elegant lobby for kids to run around; large play-friendly executive suite
- English-speaking concierge and frontdesk personnel (not many in HK who speak good intelligible English)
- Honest staff - We accidentally forgot to lock the safe with our extra money and passports there; nothing happened
- Internet computers - A couple of internet computers for free use (for FB and email updates)
MINUS (-) points:
- Super slow wifi in the lobby. It would have been great if the lobby would have fast wifi internet for tweets and fb updates.
Travel is about 'going global while eating local.' Just cross the main street and walk along the small streets near the market. There you can find affordable authentic Chinese cuisine. Waitresses do try to speak English and an English menu is available. There are also shops where you can buy take-out food and you can conveniently eat at your hotel -- we bought an assortment of peking duck, roasted pig, fried rice, drinks and went back to the hotel with a big smile.
Get the rooms facing the harbor for a great view in the morning.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.