“The best budget place to stay in HK” 4 of 5 stars

Cosmic Guest House
12F No.54-64 Nathan Road, Mirador Mansion, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #27 of 145 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“The best budget place to stay in HK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Cosmic is right on Nathan Rd at Mirador Mansion 12th floor close to the ferry terminals Metro and bus lines. Naturally the rooms are very small but you don't go to HK to hang about in your room! It is very secure and the staff very friendly and helpful. I always stay at Cosmic and have recommended it to many people who always return. It is walking distance to the ferry, Temple St. Market and shops shops shops.You simply won't get a better deal and place to stay in HK. All air-conditioned and wi fi. Give it a go!

Room Tip: Some rooms with windows, dorm rooms etc.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent our first night in Hong Kong in this guest house and we pretty much got what we expected. We paid $280HKD for the night and it was the cheapest room we found in such a busy period (December 2012). From all the reviews and vids we'd seen on youtube it was exactly as you'd imagine - TINY room with an even smaller bathroom, but space is incredibly valuable in Hong Kong. The room was pretty dirty; there were stains on the linen, poo on the toilet brush which desperately needed throwing out, and capfuls of yellow powder in all corners which I can only guess were there to poison the cockroaches (we didn't see any, however). We spent the next day trying to find somewhere better and willing to pay a little bit more and I can highly recommend the Super Guesthouse in Chungking mansions (the building has just been renovated so it's now far cleaner than Mirador Mansions) on floor 12. It's super clean, really safe and very quiet at all hours. There's a Filipino maid who looks after you, changes your sheets and towels everyday and brings fresh soap and loo roll. We paid $350 for each night but you can't barter as the maid doesn't own the hostel. By all means, try and find Mr Chang to see if you can haggle a deal for longer stays. Thought it best to recommend somewhere else as it's a bit useless to slate one place but give no inclination as to where you found somewhere better.

Room Tip: Steer clear of Mirador Mansions and head south down Nathan Road to Chung King Mansions - it's re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I really recommend this guesthouse...... staffs are very accommodating the morning and night shift they can fluently speak english.... we stay fro 4 days/3nights no hassle and we really enjoyed our vacation in HK... they help us for every direction we ask, our room is superb elegant and very nice..... if were given a chance again to go back hk i definitely book again in this hotel.... we 7 adults and 2 children we book for 3 rooms we had a nice sleep during night the aircon is working so fine.... thank you maam for all your help we really appreciate it and we enjoyed our stay in your place...... if you have a lot of money and want a cozy expensive place to stay better not book here because maybe your expectation cannot meet with their accommodation and so that you will not leave a negative comment due to you expectation,,, but if you are traveling with low budget and you come to HK to visit their places, tourist spot, disneyland, ocean park etc and i recommend this place it is cozy but yet not expensive they are very helpful..... thank you cosmic for providing us an accommodation perfect and we enjoyed it....... "maraming maraming salamat po" mean "thank you so much".... i dont know y some people comment negatively but for us this is the best hotel that meet our expectation.....

Room Tip: please choose a deluxe room when you book small difference rather than ensuit... room 1809 and 1807...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My friends and I needed a place to stay for just one night. We booked 2 rooms and they were nothing like what they had on the website. Not even close. A small-sized room for a budget hotel is fine, but it looked straight out of a horror movie. The room looked clean, but it felt odd clean. Like antiseptically public hospital clean. There is no room to wash in the bathroom. You will shower on a toilet bowl. We asked for towels, but do not expect them to fit around your body. Unless you're eight years old.

I'm charging it all to experience, and I would have forgone rating it this badly have I felt safe in the place. Plus, the attendant at the front desk was horribly rude. The lady who checked us out was nicer, but it did not improve the experience. If you're on a budget, look for another place to stay. This guest house ruined all other hostels in HK for me. It'll take a lot of convincing to make me stay in one again.

Room Tip: It's on the 12th floor of the building right across Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very Small MatchBox type Room, Not convenient at all. But in HongKong, where space is at a premium, this is still not a convenient room hotel. Bathroom is very very Tiny (Small would be very big word) and you hardly fit in it. Unless you are really hard pressed for a room or Stuck on a very small budget, suggest you to avoid such small room guest houses. But options at such low prices are very few which may be better and hence, this is ok. Very near to ChungKing mansion where Indian food is easily available and great location (Bang opposite Tim Sha Tsui MRT and airport express bus station). Easy to reach anywhere is HingKong from here.

Room Tip: Many Options of rooms. Chose with a window. Try and get a room with good layout so that bathroom is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The story that I've moved into this hostel is due to my current stay in Hongkong was extended and my current hotel do not have any more rooms for me! Based on the information from my colleague, then I am looking to this hostel. I met the young lady in Cosmic reception, she is so kind. I have told her that I will stay for 2 weeks and I want a quite big room such as deluxe or twin room although I am just alone in here but due to peak seasons in Hongkong thus only single room available until next 4 days, so I decided to stay in single room but I have informed her that I want a bigger room once it is available in the next 4 days as I am willing to pay more for my comfortableness. So I've put the deposit for it as the arrangement already made it before the actual check-in date.

I got shocked during check-in when the old aunty asking me for fully amount of 2 weeks stay for single-room, as I am thinking to stay 4 days in single room then will continue in the other bigger room.. but she said "no, you should pay first in full amount of your stay before going to bigger room"... it is seem no other choice instead to pay the full amount on it.

Once, I am looking to the room.. what the heck with this small room? looks so creepy inside and very small.. it is looks like a jail!!! the bed is so small... the linen looks so terrible, the pillow cover is so dirty and the worst is the toilet.. it is smelly and very very small.. it is really difficult to get it on it... it is really not a human space but it is worth it as animal space!!

Ok from my bottom of heart telling me to stop complaining and start to sleep on this things, guess what??? I feel something 'walking' into my leg and my body... I've turn on the light to see what was that.. ohh my god...it is little cockroach walking into my body and leg!! I've put some toilet tissues and kill all of them and start to sleep... on the next day, I found some red-dot into my leg and my body... one day passed, the next day.. I found the same things happen.. almost in 4 days my whole body cover with red-dot caused by the small insect such as cockroach and others. My blood boiled already as few days has passed but no one telling me the status about my bigger room... I am asking this matter to remind them again, but they told me no room available as it is peak seasons, please come back again tomorrow. Ok, I am still ok on it and wait for tomorrow, come back the next day to them and asking the same things but still no luck... no more room.. So I decided to look for other hostel nearby...so If in the next day they still do not have any room, I will asking them to return back my money for remaining unused day.

The next day, I've come back to them to asking the same things to get bigger room, now their (other old aunty) tone is very rude...
Aunty: "We are still full!! no more room.. come back tomorrow and we will let you know if there is available room!!!"
Me: "ya until when? I've been asking many times"
Aunty: Hey, you are the one who was booked for single room.. not me!!!
Me: ya.. but since beginning, I have made arrangement to stay in single room for 4 days after that will move to bigger room..
Aunty: No room no room.. come back tomorrow!!
Me: Ok, if always like this, then please return back my remaining amount for unused days that I've paid... as I will move out to other hostel!
Aunty: What?? you didn't know that the amount that has been paid is not refundable???
Me: Whaatt the heck?? since when it is mention? not even single mention on the receipt??
Aunty: see seee this note (on their invincible wall)

After that conversation, I am leaving her with a lot of guests waiting behind me for check-in queue.. and I have decided to let them to eat my money and move to other hotel... luckily me, in the next day I've found 60West hotel which is cost around 520HKD/per night.. so.. good bye cosmic!!! and my life is become so wonderful after moving out from cosmic!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there for 4 weeks in July 2012. I took a single room and I got a tiny one in a good price. The room didn't have windows and the water pressure of the shower were low, but the air conditioner was working, and the wireless internet too. The room was tidy enough and they cleaned it almost daily and changed the bed sheets. It was quiet at night and I slept well. Best of it was the location: it is next to the MTR (subway) station) and the great Kowloon park with a public swimming pool was nearby. Also many vegetarian restaurants that I visited. Using the underground pathways you can go to many places without having to be in the hot sun. A very good yoga studio Myoga was about 20 minutes away by train. I had a great stay in Hong kong. I didn't expect much of the guesthouse because mainly I just slept in there.

Room Tip: If you want peace and to be alone, take a single room. It is compact and fair enough quality to be a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cosmic Guest House? Share your experiences!