HongKong probably has the most expensive accommodation ever. This was confirmed to us by our tour guide as she mentioned paying US$2,000 for her condominium. For travelers, you'll never find a cheaper place to sleep at that would not carry with it stories of horror and suspense like in the infamous Chungking Mansions and Mirador Mansions. Nonetheless, we found NEW Yiu Fai Guesthouse. Indeed a safe haven for an exhausted tourist in one of the most expensive city in the world. The building itself houses other inns and guesthouses but the New Yiu Fai got one of the top ranks here in Trip Advisor and we may say we hit the jackpot when the owner, Raymond, really reserved a room for us though we checked in late from our Shenzhen tour. We were a bit disappointed with the slow WiFi connection (Rm. D5) and having twin beds when we initially asked for a triple en suite room but what more can we complain when it was just in a perfect location. It takes a few steps to reach the MTR and across it is the A21 bus stop going to the airport. Furthermore, it will only take a 15-minute walk to get to China Ferry Terminal (located inside a mall) for a Macau trip.
We did not find the entrance immediately as we missed the sign of Golden Crown Court but the police patrolling in the Chungking Mansions helped us with no hesitation. The building has two gates and we prefer the one at the side as its elevator has access to every floor beginning the 4th whereas the two elevators at the front gate separates the odd and even numbered floors.
The receiving area was a bit daunting but not the staff. They were mostly pleasant and tried to communicate in English the best way they could. The room was big enough for Hong Kong standard and we had a cold and hot shower. They also provided free toothbrush, toohpaste and two pairs of sandal which were very useful on our last night as we stroll the Ladies' Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Yiu Fai GuestHouse is located in the downtown prime shopping district area of Kowloon (Tsimsimtusi) - where you can find many departmental stores like sogo, K11, ISquare, The One and Harbour city etc, plus many local specialty and designer shops and arcades. while other hostels claim to be in Tsimsimtusi, new yiu fai guest house actually is, see for yourself. For dining we can suggest a specific eatery from the more than 200 in the area based on your preferences, tolerance and budget. we can help you find shops that are just right for your taste. Many 24 hour shops, bars, supermarkets (across the street), restaurants, internet cafes are nearby. For transportation - just a few minutes' walk - you can catch a bus (to airport & elsewhere) or take the subway (known as mtr) by which you can go to most of the interesting places and sights in hong kong. We also provide a list of free service for our guests, to name just a few, iron, wifi, computers, hair dryer, adapter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Booking.com so you can book your New Yiu Fai Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yiufai Guesthouse Hotel Hong Kong
- New Yiu Fai Guest House Hong Kong