“Great location next to the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Novotel Citygate Hong Kong to your Saves list
Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.51 Man Tung Road, Tung Chung, Hong Kong, China (Airport)   |
Special Offer
HK Disneyland Package !
Ranked #38 of 652 Hotels in Hong Kong
Perth, Australia
“Great location next to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed March 2013 between flights from China mainland and homebound. Hotel is a short distance from the aiport via free shuttle every 15 mins. The hotel is located in the small reidential area of Tung Chung which is a very modern and attractive place to walk around. There is quite a bit of shopping near the hotel including clothing label outlet stores and local shopping/supermarket etc. There is an MRT station and bus stop at the base of the Citigate Mall and the Ferry and Cable Car is a short walk from the hotel. Disneyland is just up the road and the Giant Buddha at the top of the hill (Cable Car, bus or taxi). So the Citigate offers more touring options than a typical airport hotel.

The hotel meets the typical Accor expectations and honours the various loyalty cards (including Advantage Plus) for both accommodation and discount dining. It is not as flashy as some Hong Kong hotels but is true to Western expectations of the Accor brand. We enjoyed our stay and recomend the hotel if you want/need something close to the airport. Breakfast buffet is good but not excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Feb , on a stop over on the way to New Zealand .
This hotel is ideal as it offers a free airport pick up and drop off and is very near to the airport .
On check in we were asked for our credid card details so that the hotel could hold $500 (Hong Kong ) to go towards anything we spent inhouse . This is par for the course , we found out , but we were not aware when making the booking .
Anyway , everything about the hotel was very high standard and the staff were first class and very friendly . The room was clean , tidy and had a King size bed ,iron, tea making facilities .
In the morning the buffet breakfast was large , and catered for all tastes ,Europrean and Eastern .Again , the staff were great , and nothing was to much of a problem for them .
We ended up in the hotel for a drink each night and there was an American singer providing the entertainment . Staff were very attentive and provided endless bowls of salted peanuts with the drinks .
The hotel is joined to a massive , designer shops oulet mall , and this leads to the Chair lift terminus , bus and train stations .
The only downside to the hotel , is that if you want to wander around at night ,there is very little to do in the vicinity .
I would certainly recomend this hotel for a short stay ,but if you want to be in the middle of things you need to be ready to get a bus ,train or taxi .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a fleeting 1 night / 24 hours here en route to New Zealand on a business trip. I thought it was first class - very high standard within the Novotel group - excellent location for the airport of course but as part of the Citigate complex you have an impressive array of retail, leisure and food on your doorstep. Also right on the MTR for quick and very cheap access to Hong Kong City and Kowloon - i did it and squeezed in lots in a short period as the rail service is very frequent, efficient and quick.
The hotel itself is very well appointed, service is superb and the restaurants and room service are terrific. Good shuttle service to the airport - although on arrival they need to make it clearer which of the desks in the arrivals hall you get the bus - it is not signposted and is confusing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Every time I visit Hong Kong I stay at Novotel Citygate. This is my favourite hotel! Although it is 25 mins from Central station by MTR it is not a big issue for me to travel since MTR station is only less than 10 mins walk from the hotel. This is my second review for this hotel since my last stay, and I thought I would make some comments about my experience.
TRAVELLING FROM HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
I took the ‘Free’ hotel shuttle from the airport which is very convenient, which runs every 15 mins and takes less than 10 mins to reach the hotel. I enjoy the drive from the airport to the hotel with pleasant views of the surrounding buildings, apartment blocks, cable cars, mountains and the ocean views.
HOTEL
Hotel hasn’t changed much since my last visit a year ago. It seems it is well maintained. I love the tall revolving door at the entrance and I was told it is the “tallest in the world”! As soon as I entered I was recongnised by one friendly concierge who helped me to carry my bags to the reception.
CHECK IN
Since I am a Le-Club loyalty card holder, I was escorted to a special check-in counter and I was checked in with ease by a friendly staff member. Concierge was busy at the time and I didn’t bother asking them to take my bags to the room.
ACCOMMODATION
I booked a standard room and although it was not large, (perhaps large enough for Hong Kong standards) it was large enough for my liking. Room was spotlessly cleaned and the bed was comfortable, bathroom had enough room amenities with a good hot shower which I needed after my long tiring journey from Australia.
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
I couldn't miss my favourite restaurant Olea for dinner that night; Olea is a Mediterranean style restaurant. I ordered a few tapas dishes as my entree and my main course was a Rib eye steak “medium rare” cooked to perfection with a glass of Australian Pinot Noir. The meal was delicious and the service was excellent as usual. I love Olea not only for the dining experience but I like the atmosphere with high ceilings, the Mediterranean decor and friendly staff. I must say most of the staff recognized me.
After my dinner I went to Andante bar for a few drinks. Since it was a Saturday night the bar was packed. There was a male entertainer on guitar and vocals, he was very entertaining, and most of the guests seemed to be having a great time. The service was prompt.
SWIMMING POOL & GYM
Early morning I went to the Gym for my usual morning workout and although it is not a large gymnasium it is well equipped and well maintained. The swimming pool outside was very beautiful and with cascading waterfalls but it was closed due to winter period.
SHOPPING MALL
Shopping mall has many brand outlets and if you shop around you could get good bargains and this is what I did. I like the coffee shop in the shopping mall called Moccato. Their coffee is much better than other coffee shops in the mall and I heard it is part of the hotel. They had a very good variety of snacks and cakes. I settled for my lunch there. It was nice to watch people walking by while having a coffee. This mall was very busy!
CONCLUSION
The hotel hasn’t aged since my last visit and is well maintained. I feel the standards haven’t dropped and are consistent. Staff is friendly and efficient. Hotel is close to major transport which is convenient. Since the hotel is conveniently located, I would recommend this hotel to any business traveller or even for a family who likes to explore Hong Kong. I will be back!

Room Tip: A corner room over looking cable cars
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Novotel Citygate is just 10 minutes from the airport and has regular free shuttle buses. It is a good hotel with a pool etc and great facilities. Where it scores is that it is in Tung Chung and has direct access to the designer outlet shopping to while some time away. Tung Chung also has its own night life and out of hotel restaurants so you are not stuck like most airport hotels. I have eaten here as a local resident for the great buffets and facilities, which must speak volumes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I stay at numerous hotels: Novotel Citygate being the last hotel. The staff was generally friendly and efficient in checking us in quickly.

Upon initial inspection, the bathroom and beds were clean.
In comparison, the hotel rooms would not be considered HUGE but spacious enough to be able to open your suitcase on the floor if need be.
If you see lots of people sitting in the lobby, it's because they have a free Wi-Fi spot there. They have a nice bar/lounge, Andante, that offers a good happy hour wine special.

Another positive aspect of this hotel is that they free shuttle to the Asia World Expo center and the airport which is a big plus. Although they do have restaurants on the premises, it is nice that the Citygate outlet mall is adjacent to the hotel giving more food options.

Nearby, within walking distance, you will find the Citygate mall (escalators from the hotel lead into the mall), the post office, MTR (train) station, movie theater, and the Ngong Ping 360 cable cars to the giant Buddha statue.

The location of the hotel is good for travelers who want to be close to the airport and for those who don't want to be in busy TST area yet close enough to be a few trains stops or a short cab ride away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I make pre-pay reservation via your hotel website at 2 Mar 2013 for my stay in your hotel at 10-11 Mar 2013, here is the summary :
- i make a request note with details reason in the on-line reservation for late check out on 11 Mar 2013 because I will land HK at 23:20, 10 Mar 2013, and will check in around 00:00, 11 Mar 2013, finally your staff just told me .... ROOM TOO FULL even on Monday, can only allow check out at 13:00, 11 Mar 2013, disappointed solution, seem i no need to make any request before
- i have 1 suitcase and 3 hand carry bags with my wife when arrived your hotel by taxi, and find NO one to help me at your hotel door also lobby, i need to bring all by myself to your check-in counter, and also in check out day, 11 Mar, 2013, I want to put my suitcase at your hotel for couple hours, again .... NO ONE serve me when i stand in front of your service counter, do you think this is reasonable services by your hotel ? or this is a special services for HK resident ? i really really disappointed about your hotel services this time in HK

by Tommy Yu, +852 9849 8884

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelCitygate, General Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Glochi,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the hotel. Please note that the standard check out time at the hotel is 12noon. I am pleased to see that the Reception team were able to provide you with a complimentary later check out of 1pm. You have stayed with the hotel during a busy period so it is unfortunate that we did not have rooms available to offer you a later check out. I apologise for any delay that you experienced in regards to Concierge service provided during your stay and I have shared your feedback with the team in order for them to be able to improve.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Nicholas Cullum

Been to Novotel Citygate Hong Kong? Share your experiences!