“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong

You added Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.375-377 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1 Disney / Ocean Park Tkt
Ranked #113 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

After reading several reviews for this hotel, decided to book an executive room for our 2 week stay in Hong Kong and was not disappointed.
The Hotel is in a great location out at the Happy Valley race course which makes it in a central location but also in a quite area so after a busy day touring you weren’t disturbed with the noise outside.
Internet access was not a problem at the hotel as wifi /PC was available in the hotel lobby, breeze bar and the executive rooms (at a small price £2 for an hour).
The Nooch bar was great as well as the Breeze bar on the 5th floor was a nice touch an outside area with free tea and coffee which was used on several occasions.

The executive room was worth the extra money. It was facing out the front of the hotel so we had a view of the city , The positives of the room was bed, layout, bathroom tea, coffee , in room safe etc only negative was storage space but this wasn't a major problem. The room was cleaned daily and beds made twice a day (if you have a mid afternoon nap). The breakfast was good with a decent selection each day.
The shuttle bus from the cosmos sister hotel was good and had regular pick up/drop off points at the three main area on the island.

I would highly recommend this hotel and if I every have the chance to holiday in Hong Kong again I would use this hotel.

I would also recommend checking the room rate directly with the hotels website as I managed to get a good deal directly with the hotel compared with other websites.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Boutique hotels are under the spot light when modern travelers go on trips. Cosmo Hotel is cool, hip and colorful brightening up your journey. Staff are friendly and welcoming. I love their bar on the lobby their bar manager is such a wonderful guy giving us traveling tips and how to get the best out of Hong Kong.

Also love the open area on 5/F where I can enjoy some fresh air. They have impeccable free wireless internet.

Cosmo is a lovely hotel, far better than average by all means.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Among many places I stayed in Hong Kong I definitely should say Cosmo Hotel is one of the BEST. I loved the colored theme of the rooms, and the staff is very helpful.
I was very happy with the way they attended to my requests, and even went to the extent of helping me with directions and details of the places I wanted to go and they recommended very good places to visit, almost as having a tour guide.
Hotel shuttle service is an added benefit, and many of the shopping areas are just walking distance, so going outdoors is convenient.
This is a very good place of stay in Hong Kong for travelers like me, and the rates are also affordable.
I am very satisfied with the stay, and in my next visit I will definitely stay at Cosmo Hotel and I would recommend to anyone who is visiting Hong Kong, this is the BEST affordable and convenient place out of all.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Great hotel for a good price. The staff have a well deserved reputation for friendlines and being helpful. Even the waitress at breakfast was helping me plan my day!
All the beds now have mattress toppers making them comfortable - a rarity in H,Kong.
Catch the airport express to Central Station and then pick up the free shuttle bus to their sister hotel Cosmopolitan. The Cosmo is a few yards up the road. Then for $140 you can book the shuttle bus back to the airport direct from Cosmo. A great service.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I have visited Hong Kong mostly for Business on several occasions, and this was my first stay at Cosmo Hotel and I loved it.

I stayed at the Executive Room it had all what I required including high speed internet. and I also had the choice to select the room color, which I found as a very fascinating feature at Cosmo. I selected the modo-green color, very vibrant and lively it was.

The location was also good, in Causeway Bay, it was very convenient for my work.
I had my last day free but did not have any plans of visiting around, but from Cosmo Hotel Causeway Bay’s shopping and entertainment district was in walking distance, and I used the free hotel shuttle service as well.

All in all hotel facilities and the location of the hotel is what I preferred most and it was a value for money stay as well.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

If you are looking for a hotel room the size of stamp, people who smoke even on non smoking floors and beds so hard you could be sleeping on cement and pay the same amount as staying at a nice hotel - stay here! This is the hotel for you!!! - the only nice thing i can say is... the manager Augustine was trying so hard but you could see in eyes that even he was embarressed by this hotel. Good luck - go to Jia and pay 50 USD more. ITS WORTH IT!!! We went to the W hotel in Kowloon and still paid for our room here. But my back couldn't take the beds.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
CosmoHotel, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 3, 2009
Thank you for your valuable comments. Cosmo Hotel features different room types sizing 160 sq. feet / 15 sq. metre to 900 sq. feet / 83 sq. metre, so when you next stay with us you can try different room type to have another experience. We will also do more frequent patrols on floors to ensure no smoking is allowed on the non-smoking floors.

For your comments on our bed, our hotel offers different mattress experience to suit personal needs. We also provide a pillow menu in which guest can select from a series of pillows made from different materials and guest may contact our Housekeeping team or Guest Services Manager on spot for such service.
Durham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Being my first solo trip I was a little apprehensive but checked reviews before booking.

I arrived at Hong Kong airport and took the MTR Airport Express (10.50HK$) to Hong Kong station (Central line), the shuttle bus / taxi rank is just opposite train exit. I waited for shuttle bus but it wasn’t due for 20mins so I took a taxi. The taxi driver tried to drop me off at Cosmopolitan hotel but their doorman directed him the 200yds round the corner.

After 31 hours of being awake I was greeted with friendly efficient service and shown to my room (908). The room had been converted from twin to double as I had requested in earlier email. The windows were frosted out and didn’t open – but I don’t think I had a cemetery view. I had a sofa and a work desk. The bathroom was equipped with vanity unit, and shower over small bathtub. The water pressure was great. The room had a digital safe (choose your own combination), mini bar – which I took some things out and placed next to, in order to store my own chocolate etc. I took earplugs but didn’t need them, I could hear next door switching their lights off last thing at night – probably because the switches are placed next to the bedhead.

The room was made up every day and towels were replaced. You also received 2 bottles (750ml) of water daily and slippers. I didn’t venture into Noosh bar but could hear the music while sitting in Reception. Reception had free wi-fi (I used my ipod touch) and a pc in the corner. The concierge let me use his PC to book and print out my boarding cards on my departure.

The shuttle bus (pickup from Cosmopolitan Hotel next door) service provided was helpful to get around to the major places or nearby MTR stations, but I’d advise getting to the pick up points 5 mins early. Driver Jackie (male) was helpful and spoke good English.

I found the hotel staff helpful and polite and thought the hotel was good value for money. I did try room service early one morning after a lost day due to food poisoning (don’t eat at McDonalds – I was desperate and starving!) I received 3 slices of toast, 2 butter packs, I marmalade and 1 jam and fruit salad for £9.73 – not so good value.

I would definitely stay at Cosmo again, it was in a quiet but good / central location and I felt safe walking around at night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong? Share your experiences!