“European styling; Asian hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

You added Lanson Place Hotel to your Saves list
Lanson Place Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.133 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Causeway Bay)   |
Offers & Announcements
Festive Celebration
Ranked #25 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 767 Reviews
Thailand
“European styling; Asian hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The Lanson Place Hotel is a charming hotel. The decor is cozy and individualistic; the staff are warm and friendly. I unfortunately fell ill during my stay and needed to go to the hospital; the concierge staff walked me to the nearest hospital (just around the corner) and stayed with me until I had checked in. Overall, I was very impressed, and will definitely consider staying there again, should I visit Hong Kong in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Good points:

1. Andrew, the concierge was very friendly and helpful. Every night we'd bug him for directions and he was always glad to whip out a map and make suggestions on where to eat and places to check out.
2. Jake, the bellhop was very attentive and helpful. He'd run to get the elevators for us and would practically grab our bags from our hands to help carry them.
3. The location was great as it was close enough to the MTR station (Causeway Bay exit F) yet far enough from the maddening crowds.
4. Bathroom's great - love the toiletries from Gilchrist and Soames.
5. The mini kitchenette added a "homey" feel to the room.
6. They rent out mobile phones for free.

Not-so-good points:

1. The room I stayed in had stains on the carpet.
2. The LCD TV was small and it was on top of the only writing desk in the room.
3. The room felt really small - it was great that it had a kitchenette and a nice bathroom but I think that it left the room with very little space for the closet and the bed.
4. We could never get the temperature right in the room - it was either too warm or too cold.
5. Apart from the 2 hotel staff mentioned above - everyone else weren't as friendly. Not something you'd expect from a place that claims to be a small luxury hotel.
6. The lighting in the room can be improved - they only make use of pin lights and the bathroom alone only had two of them. I had to do my makeup every morning facing the window with the curtains drawn to get good lighting.
7. On the third day of our stay, housekeeping forgot to replenish our supply of bottled water. When I called to ask for some, I was told that I'd be charged HKD 10 a bottle.
8. Overall, it felt like we stayed at a serviced apartment and not at a hotel. If you like that kind of ambiance then this is the place for you.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010 via mobile

Excellent place to stay at Causeway Bay. Concierge is very attentive and noticed that I was wandering round the wrong way after the taxi dropped me off. Came after me to ask if I was staying there. Room
is comfortable. Welcome basket was a nice touch. Management is interested in customer feedback. I received an email from the manager shortly after my stay, thanking me for my feedback.

• Stayed May 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

My enthusiasm for this hotel knows no bounds.

It's located on a quiet little street a couple of block from the hustle and bustle of Time Square, giving it the feel of an urban oasis. But such a well-located Urban Oasis! You're ten minutes from Central by taxi, and a few minutes walk from the Causeway Bay subway station if that's your preference.

The service standard is six star. The concierge service, outstanding (they somehow talked my airline out of charging me a required fee for changing a ticket!).

I particularly enjoyed the quiet breakfast buffet, served in a living room style setting. Peaceful and pleasant.

The rooms are excellent. Quiet. Good beds. Well-outfitted bathrooms.

Much better rooms and service standards than many of the better-known, more expensive name brands in Hong Kong. Highly recommended.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

An excellent new hotel right in the heart of the Causeway Bay shopping area of Hong Kong. Well-designed rooms, very good kitchenette, amazingly quiet (I was on 23rd floor) for the centre of such a busy city. Friendly staff, always somebody at the concierge desk to help you with getting a taxi, information, etc. Nice open space for breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Our stay at Lanson place was really good and satisfying. The room we were in is furnished tastefully and bed was comfortable. A lot of people complaint about the fact the bathroom is all glass and see through, but to be honest when you are going with your spouse or partner it doesnt really matter. I can understand where people are coming from though. We had laptop during our stay and the hotel provided free broadband internet, so we could catch up with friends and families back home.

The location of the hotel is great too. 2 mins walk to Lee Garden mall and not too far away from Times Square or Causeway Bay shops. The hotel is also very quiet given that its quite close to all of the entertainment Causeway Bay had to offer.

The only negative I could think of is the hotel doesnt have foyer and its located in a small street. Reception is on level 3 (i think) but the concierge always more than happy to help you with the luggage.

Very satisfying stay and definitely would return or reccommend to others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I have stayed in several other "4 Star" hotels in Hong Kong. Typically nice, but not up to standards of other regions 4 star ratings. Lanson Place was simply fantastic. From the moment you arrive, several staff appear smiling, your luggage disappears, and you are escorted to first floor reception where you sit with the equally friendly check in staff. Your luggage then appears in your room....

The hotel is funky, hip, and modern. While smaller than the grand hotels, the lobby area is perfectly adequate for meeting colleagues, breakfast, etc. I actually prefer it this way.

I did not have the breakfast there as we typically left to meet local colleagues or took a short stroll to the local Starbucks (yes I still love Starbucks even while overseas). It did look good however!

The room was great - big enough and modern enough. 2 TV's as there is an area for the bed and a sitting area with a couch. Large floor to ceiling windows enhance the view which was fantastic - overlooking the Happy Valley race course. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was, well, interesting! The walls were glass, but I stayed there myself, so who cares?

The staff were all wonderful, never intrusive, but always available. At one point, I was in my room resting a bad back and the housekeeper noticed and asked me if I needed extra pillows and was back in 5 minutes with what I needed!

I was with a colleague from India who had never been to HK before so we did the typical things one does - The Peak, Stanley Market, etc. and it was easy to get everywhere. Times Square is a few blocks away too.

I would stay there every time I return to Hong Kong!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Lanson Place Hotel? Share your experiences!