“Great boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

You added Lanson Place Hotel to your Saves list
Lanson Place Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.133 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Causeway Bay)   |
Offers & Announcements
Limited offer & Save 25%
Ranked #24 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne
“Great boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was probably one of the most pleasant stays I've had in Hong Kong. Perfect location - surrounded by restaurants, cafes, shopping, and just minutes away from Sogo and Times Square. The colonial decor was very tasteful and chic, the room was small but extremely clean, and wifi access was free. The thick automatic curtains even seemed to block out noise from the streets. Other than a couple of nonchalant door staff, everything else about this hotel was impressive. I will book this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at Lanson Place Hong Kong last week for two nights whilst enroute from UK back to Australia. I was very impressed with the hotel, right from the prompt and courteous check in process through to my departure. We were booked into a grand luxe room and got upgraded to a small corner suite, which I loved! I was travelling with my 4 year old son and the small kitchenette was perfect for my picky eater's needs. We had a seperate lounge area and when local friends come over to catch up with us the suite proved so pleasant we felt reluctant to go out!

I loved the way the room was decorated - you could feel the luxe of it all, and the extra large shower was very appreciated as I am a shower lover and did not care about the lack of bathtub. Despite no tub, it was still easy to bathe my young child, as there was a hose type shower head as well as the rainfall one. Also another great idea is the automatic total blackout blinds. We were so jetlagged after our arrival at the hotel but the darkness that we were cocooned in with the blinds down allowed us to sleep beautifully until well into late morning!

The area in general is very convenient and not too busy, compared to other more mainstream areas in HKG. Our outlook was mainly Victoria Park, and as we were on a higher floor, there was lots of open a two minute walking vicinity there were two- 7/11's great for a late night run to grab a local SIM and some milk and yoghurt for my son.

On the last day, my son woke up unwell, and I was panicking, thinking of how we would be homeless for hours that day after checkout as our flight was not until nighttime. I called reception, who were very helpful and without fuss and after consultation with the on duty Manager, extended a later checkout for us till 4pm. I was very grateful for their kind consideration. This allowed us to rest in our room right up till we had to go out to the airport and by this time he was much better, and over the 24 hour bug

We didn't try any food and beverage facilities here so nothing to add about this.

I highly recommend you give this gorgous boutique hotel a try

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our recent stay in Lanson Place Hotel in Hong Kong was one of the most pleasant. The service was outstanding in that from the doorman to the concierge to the reception everyone anticipates our needs and serve us with efficiency and warmth. A rare experience

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Small luxurious boutique style hotel well located in Causeway Bay, very easy access to shopping and metro trains. If you buy an Octopus transport card at metro station, you can use it on train, bus, ferry and tram. Nice quiet location, but if you want a nice view than this might not be the right hotel for you. Very modern, well equipped, large room with a fully equipped kitchenette (microwave included). We booked for a deluxe twin room but were upgraded to a mini suite with a separate, comfortable sitting area, very spacious room for Hong Kong standard hotel room size.The bathroom might be a drawback for some people as you cannot lock it and it has a glass door that separate the bathroom area from living area. It didn't bother us but I can imagine some people prefer more privacy when they use the bathroom facilities. Great shower with good supply of hot water and good water pressure. Staff are friendly and efficient. Laundry prices are expensive but the hotel also have a laundrette for guests to use it for a small charge. Excellent property, highly recommend, very easy access to everywhere by metro, and shopping is at every corners.

Stayed January 2014
Munich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am somewhat surprised about the gushing reviews about lanson place on trip advisor. There was nothing particularly bad about the hotel, but it was not overwhelming either. Let me begin by saying that if you are a tourist in Hong Kong for a couple of days Causeway Bay is a little bit out of the way for most things you will want to be doing. Yes, the Metro or Tube is close by, there are trams and taxis. But the area is also very very crowded, traffic is bad, and so you will spend some time pushing through masses to get to your destination or back to the hotel for a rest.
The rooms are very clean with lots of windows. However, they are divided up rather strangely. Our first premium deluxe room had a large bathroom across from the kitchen niche, sitting area with desk, and then very small bedroom area with a closet about 2 inches from the bed. The windows are not well insulated, letting in both traffic noise and a draft (it was a bit chilly at the end of Dec. in HK). Also the ventilation systems from somewhere (we had turned everything off, since there is no heat except for free standing radiators) sometimes sounded like small jet engines. We changed our room due to traffic noise to a smaller room down the hall. This had a tiny bathroom, much larger and more convenient closet, small sitting area and small bedroom area with desk about 3 inches from the bed. This room was quieter, but smelled rather moldy.
The staff was ok although spoke worse English than the staff at our hotel in Cambodia. We had breakfast included - it was adequate. I think the hotel could be better managed.
I am still trying to figure out from which room the photos of the view from the hotel was taken which show park and open spaces. We were on the 26th floor and although there was no building in our face (which is a plus in HK), the "view" was mostly of a couple of sport fields, construction, roads, and old buildings.
I realize that this is HK - lots of people, little room. Thus hotels are very expensive and space is tight. In this light the Lanson Place is a pretty good deal. But don´t expect super perfection and be aware that the location will require some extra effort to get to ferries, etc. In the end, we ended up liking some things in the neighborhood. Grabbed a taco at the Little Burro across the street and had a drink at the Brecht bar also across the street. We walked to Shelter in Hysan Place for dinner and a drink on the rooftop.
In a place like HK, I think a hotel should seem like an oasis from the craziness. I am not sure this hotel fulfilled this requirement. We did not dread returning, but considering the weird fan noises, the smell, and at first the cold - although the radiator worked pretty well in the smaller room, we were not super happy to be back either. In the end, it was adequate - not a bad experience at all. But not earthshattering either.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our first trip to Hong Kong and I loved staying at Lanson Place Hotel. The room was lovely, very homely and comfortable but luxurious at the same time. The location near Causeway Bay station meant it was easy to jump on the MTR to get from place to place and it was 5 mins walk to Times Square. The concierge staff were very helpful when we asked for directions. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Hong Kong.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here in April 2013 and had a very positive experience. I am here again in January 2014 this time with my boyfriend and we both find the hotel a great place as a calm base in Hong Kong. Still excellent and I am still recommending this hotel to anyone looking to visit HK.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lanson Place Hotel? Share your experiences!