My daughter and I stayed at the Lanson Place in Nov. What a surprise! We loved it the moment we entered the front door.
Let me just start from there (the front door)
1) Front door staff. We arrived by taxi. Even before we stepped out of the taxi, two members of the staff rush towards the taxi to help with our luggages. And we had a car load of them. They were quick but careful. That first moment made me realized that we would experience the best service we can ask for.
2) Check in desk. Check in desk is on the second floor. Perfect English. Again, the staff were very professional. She realized that I was holding a 2 year old, so she made the check-in process as painless as it could be. We were then wisked to our room (23rd floor) in less than 2 mins.
3) Room. Though small, it is perfectly sufficient for me and my daughter. We requested a crib for my daughter and even it is in the room, there are still plenty of space to walk around. The view was amazing. We face Hong Kong stadium. During the night, instead of closing all the blinds and made the room dark, we left it up and really enjoyed the amazing view. I have seen the HK harbor enough, this is something different and we really appreciated it. Toiletries were very nice. Plenty of variety (hand soap, face soap, shampoo, bodywash, toothbrush, and a whole lot more). The best is the welcome basket. Two bottles of water and a bunch of other snacks. My daughter couldn't stop eating some of them throughout the stay. And they replenish the bottles of water everyday. So I hardly need to buy any water during my stay in HK. With the temperature always warm (and hot sometimes), having access to drinking water from your hotel is so thoughtful. The only thing I needed to get used to is the light switch. It is pretty cool but it took me some time to figure where to touch the button. Actually, there is no button, just a infrared touch screen. It controls the shades too.
4) Breakfast. While not comparable to some big chain hotel, breakfast at Lanson is plenty enough (but not extravagant). I think this is a business hotel. If I have to rank it, it is much better than your US Holiday Inn (continental breakfast) but it is not quite there as your Intercontinental HK$500 breakfast. You get your eggs made to order. Coffee was actually quite good. Maybe about 10-15 different hot and cold entrees. Good selection of cheese. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and we went down for breakfast for 3 days. There are so many restaurants in Causeway Bay, I really didn't want to waste my appetite for (good) hotel food. I like my variety.
5) Gym. I actually didn't have time to go but I passed by the gym one day (on the second floor) and it looked pretty good (just enough cardio machines to do what you needed to do). There maybe one person inside working out. So, i doubt that it ever gets crowded.
6) Location. It took me a few mins to orient myself where I was. But once I figured that out, getting to key points (MTR, Times Square, Sogo, Bus, Tram) in Causeway Bay was very easy. I ended up using the MTR and the Tram the most during my stay. MTR takes about 5 mins walk (Tip: there are a lot of snacks you can buy along the way to the MTR station. Don't miss the Tofu store, forgot the name though. Fresh!) The Tram was really a stone throw away behind the hotel. You need to walk up the steps to the bridge.
All in all, I am very satisfied with my choice of Lanson. Will stay there again. Can't beat the location and the service is primo!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.