“Fantastic hotel for Disneyland but a long way from city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hollywood Hotel

You added Disney's Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Disney's Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lantau Island, Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong, China (Disneyland)   |
Ranked #85 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic hotel for Disneyland but a long way from city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have just spent a week at Disney's Hollywood Hotel, which was fantastic. A very high class hotel. Only comment is that it is a long way from the city - about an hour and a half by public transporrt. Great location for Disneyland but difficult for touring the rest of Hong Kong. No places to eat outside hotel, so unless you want the full buffet breakfast everyday - there is only one small cafe. Gets a bit monotonous after 7 days! Mickey Mouse makes an appearance everywhere - even on the lamp shades!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Service at the lobby was great, check in was quick and staff were very helpful. The rooms were average. Glad they gave us a connecting room, there were 5 of us, when i booked earlier i was told that it might not be possible. We had breakfast at chef Mickey, great selection of food. The kids loved the little Mickey waffles. The only thing that we felt was a minus point, was that they didn't have room service. We didn't have time to check out the pool, as it was quite cold, but we'll definitely be back again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Disney Hollywood is good and very accommodating with my request for a connecting room as i brought along my 3 kids and helper. The room is clean with cute little paper cups as little gifts for the children. Little bedroom slippers made them go WOW. The pillow is alittle too soft for me and i do find it hard to sleep, otherwise everything is good.

As it is my 3rd time staying in Hollywood, I can get around pretty easily. But sad to see the Malibu Room has changed into a GAME room instead.

Concierge was accommodating with my late call at 11pm asking for Transport to Hong Kong Island for my next morning check out. They got back to me within 10mins with a confirmation too. Checking out was a brisk with very professional GROs.

I would love to stay there with my kids again in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We travelled with adults and 2 children with aged 2 & 5 years old. And got the 2 days pass for the Disneyland.
If your purpose is to spend the time in Disneyland for more than a day, it is a good choice to stay here.

Below are the points that I like about this hotel:-
1) The hotel staff are very friendly and always with the smiling face, service is fast.
2) The room size is just right for 4 of us, 2A+2C. The Mickey decoration in the room is lovely, my kids love them.
3) The hotel provide 3 pair of slippers in the room for 2 adults size + 1 kid size, we request additional pair for kid and the housekeeping get it to us very quickly.
4) Breakfast at Chef Mickey restaurant is really good and food have a lot of varieties, I can said that is quite pricey for the buffet but it is definitely a good try.
5) Frequent Free Shuttle Service from the hotel to Disneyland which is come about 10min interval.
6) If you did not bring the stroller for kids, no worry cause you can rent it at the Bell service from Hotel. It is really convenience as the walking distance from the shuttle bus entrance to Disneyland main door is quite far too. It is good to rent from hotel directly as it is same rate as rent from Disneyland.
7) Please take a walk around the hotel and I believe you will like its scenery too. There is a big field outside that allow the kids run around and nice place to take picture with the “Hollywood Hotel” logo.
8) It has small outdoor playground which is suitable for young kids
9) A very pretty swimming pool, but due to the weather is cool, we didn’t manage to swim during the stay there

Conclusion is if you have allowance time beside to play in Disneyland and travel with young kids, you can consider to stay this hotel. :)

singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have tried to book the HK Disneyland but was fully booked so we go for the Disney Hollywood Hotel.

Nothing special about this hotel, was not impressive and didn’t have any magical feeling !

The room look stuffy and old fashioned. Toilet was small and toiletries were very basic.

It was a disappointment !

indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have high expectations for the hotel which does not come cheap per night.  Four years ago, we stayed at the disneyland hotel which is way better than the Hollywood.  The room is small.  The toilet is no better.

I cannot imagine a hotel not offering any room service. Me only two items that the hotel offers after 1130 pm are instant noodles (Chinese brand) and cold sandwich.  Credit card is not accepted for these two items because according to one manager on duty, it is paid directly to housekeeping.  I do not understand the rationale at all.   The park closes at 10 pm.  By the time guests return to the hotel, it can be as late as 11 pm.  After e kids are put to sleep, it can be as late as 12 midnight. What horror it is for me to realize that there is no room service at all.  After all, we had a really tiring day and what we would like to do at the end of the day is to chill.  I am totally surprised that this is the case for this hotel.  I do not remember Disneyland Hotel being like this.

All that being said, people who would like to be near the Disneyland park have no choice but to stay at either Disneyland Hotel or Hollywood.  Fortunately, the people at the hotel tried to make things better for the guests.  It started from the time we arrived at the hotel.  Most guests want to spend the whole day at the park.  Obviously the hotel is fully aware of this.  Guests deposit their luggage and do a check-in at the front desk.  Hence, when guests return from the park, they can get their room keys.  When I checked out with 10 pieces of luggage, the manager at the lobby was extremely helpful.  Parents appreciate such help especially during critical times like check-in and check-out.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the hotel.  Hopefully, when I come back next time, there will be improvements in the above-mentioned areas.

Invercargill, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family stayed here two nights (26-27 December 2012). We came to Hong Kong specifically to visit Disneyland, and our travel agent was offering two nights here as part of the package. We were in one of the Garden rooms. The room was small, but not too small.

Right, overall I found it a good place to stay, and would go back if we ever go back to HK Disneyland. So here's some things I liked and some I didn't like.

DISLIKES:
Check in at 3:00pm. We had arrived on a long flight from New Zealand at 6:00am (local time) and we couldn't even check in until 3:pm!! Ridiculous!

Bell boy who brought our bags up to us spoke totally incomprehensible "English", and got annoyed when we couldn't understand him!

Chef Mickey's dinner buffet was horrendously expensive. We ate in Disneyland instead.

The elevator, as well as a cute message from Mickey Mouse when you exited, would have a computerised female voice stating the bloody obvious ("Door Opening" . . . "Door Closing" . . . "Elevator going Up" . . . etc) in three different languages. If I had known where they were, I'd've used the stairs to avoid it. Intensely irritating.

The view from our room could not be described as "Garden" even by courtesy. We had a charming view of the roof of the floor below, and the bare cliff-like rock face of the small hill next door. A good thing we weren't planning on spending time enjoying the view from the room!

LIKES:
Apart from the person mentioned above, all staff that we dealt with couldn't have been more helpful.

We loved the pool. At the time we were in it, it was not long after sunset, and the lighting was beautiful, and we had it to ourselves. There were three staff in attendance, and three of us!

Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet was included in our package deal for two mornings; and the variety of foods available was HUGE! I cannot understand how previous reviewers could have found very little to eat! We gorged ourselves, as this meant we would need very little else during the day. Everything that I got for myself was delicious! Staff in Chef Mickey made it a very pleasureable experience having breakfast there. We left there with truly big smiles on our faces, and I told the staff I would be saying good things about them and Chef Mickey. I am keeping that promise here.

Grounds were clean and attractively presented and lit. Strolling around them during the day and night was a real pleasure.

Virtually no waiting for the coach to take us to and from Disneyland.

The "Hollywood" thing was not overdone, nor was the Disney theme.

OVERALL: We liked this hotel, and would recommend it to others, depending on their needs.

Room Tip: Our garden room had no garden view or any other view whatever. If a view is important to you, it mig...