“One of the Best Experiences” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel to your Saves list
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hong Kong Disneyland, Lantau Island,, Hong Kong, China (Disneyland)   |
Ranked #41 of 644 hotels in Hong Kong
Hyderabad, India
“One of the Best Experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are going to Hongkong, disneyland is a must see. I would even recommend it as a individual destination.
Disneyland Hongkong has two 5* properties inside it, both side by side.
The holtels are amazing, and you get the disney feel as you step inside. Mickey mouse on eveything.
The detailing is excellent. Even the shampoo and moisturizer bottles are of mickey shape.
Coming to the rooms, they are excellent well built clean and spacious.
The food is good, it has an Indian restuarant inside it.
The breakfast spread is quite huge and beautiful.
Overall it should be a must visit on anybodies list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kolkata
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel was quite nice overall with a victorian feel. We especially loved the enchanted garden, with the characters coming in to pose with the kids.
Another nice touch was the small settee's setup near the reception with a tv for the kids, while check in was going on. However, my kids were complaining about the strict lady who chided them while they were sitting and watching a cartoon.
Another lady was quite helpful, wherein she started playing a puzzle with my daughter while I was busy with the reception.
However, check in experience was quite bad. The lady checking us in was quite unhelpful, and even disrespectful. I felt that I was a beggar in spite of having taken a room paying USD 550 per night!
only when I asked to speak to the manager, did she relent, and helpus give a room around 1 pm.
The hotel otherwise is extremely pricey, although the experience with their housekeeping department was quite good, (I think it was because our room was just next door).
Overall experience was Average.

Room Tip: Go only you have oodles to spend on overpriced things!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is our 4th visit to HK Disney but our 1st stay at Disneyland Hotel. We decided to splurge and try the Kingdom Club since we read such good reviews here. We were so glad we tried it.
Whilst it was rather expensive, the room rate included breakfast or rather through the day refreshments at the Kingdom Club Lounge. A Disney character will also pop by at around 840p to bid goodnight to the kids. My kids loved having Mickey and Minne at Supper time. The breakfast was good though it mustn't be compared to a full buffet spread at the restaurant downstairs at the hotel lobby.
There were 4 of us in the room but we only had 3 sets of towels. I highlighted to the Kingdom Club front desk about it the next morning. Still, only 3 sets were placed in the room when we returned after our 1st day at the park. No big deal, I mentioned it to the front desk again. And guess what? We had cookies being sent to the room as an apology for missing it the 1st time round. That really adds a nice touch.
All in all, we had a great time. We felt it was well worth the splurge :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, I and our 3 yr old daughter stayed here for 3 nights last March. We had a great stay here! Everything was perfect from the grand lobby, our room, the service and amenities. My daughter enjoyed taking pictures with the princesses who she adores so much! We really love everything about this hotel. You can really feel the magic of disney! We will be staying here again next year.

• Stayed March 2013
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed in an interconnecting room for 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 11) so there was plenty of space.
Handy to Disneyland (of course!) you can catch the free shuttle or its a pleasant 5 minute stroll, you can catch the MRT from there also. I can see why people say its dated because it is, some of the finer details such as wallpapering seems a bit shoddy in places such as the bathroom so if your looking for opulence then this isn't the place. However if you are looking for the Disney experience then you have the right place! take advantage of the buffet breakfast and get all your pics taken with the characters (saves lining up at Disneyland!) Its clean and comfortable and the toiletries which are disney themed are pretty cool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked a kingdom club room to get access to kingdom club. It cost more but with platinum magic access membership discount of 25%, it more than makes up for the membership cost and extra hotel room cost for kingdom club. The kingdom club was the best things about the hotel. You can just rock up anytime from 7am to 10pm and there will be either buffet breakfast to lunch to light dinner and refreshments throughout the day. Kids love it as there's bed time stories and Disney characters to greet them before bedtime. Also endless lollies and desserts. All this is free with kingdom club. For access to Disney is via shuttle about 5 minute drive. Shuttles always available every 10 min. So travel to Disneyland quite stress free.

Staff are super friendly and great with kids. It's a good resort with nice pool and maze the standout.

The only complaint I can make is room is quite small for the price. Also beds are too hard (I like med to soft). Not really a 5 star room for the price paid. most Hong Kong hotel rooms are small on average but you're out on an island middle of nowhere so expected rooms should have been bigger. I didn't see the standard rooms so I would expect the to be quite average.

So don't expect too much when it come to hotel room.

In summary, the awesome staff and service and the kingdom club room more than made up for the underwhelming room. Pay the extra if you can afford kingdom club.

• Stayed April 2013
tucson, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Once our cruise out of Hong Kong was set, I knew I had to start my trip at the Happiest Place on Earth! I am a huge Disney fan so I was excited to be able to come visit Mickey & Minnie at their home in Hong Kong - I decided on this hotel because I love the Floridian in Orlando. I was not disappointed!

We arrived around 8pm and were shown up to the Kingdom Club for check in. Check in was fast & pain free! The Cast members took care of our check in while we had cookies and milk and watched as Minnie came in her PJ's to say goodnight to the children waiting for her. We were shown to our room where our luggage was already waiting for us. Our room was very large and had an amazing view of the maze garden & the sea. The room felt very homey and was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was full of wonderful amenities with that special Disney touch.

The Kingdom Club was a perfect place to have breakfast or snacks in the afternoon. Cast members were always ready to help with anything you might need. My husband needed to have something faxed and they took care of his needs while we had a glass of wine. Cast members were always friendly and top notch taking care of all your needs.

We did take the shuttle from the hotel to the park - not a problem at all. It was quick and drops you off right at the park and on your return it also brings you back to the hotel.

We did eat at Walt's Cafe which was good - not amazing, but good. We had another lunch and a dinner at Crystal Lotus both meals were excellent!

My husband and myself enjoyed our time here as much as any child with a big huge smile! We had a magical time and would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to Disney Hong Kong.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!