“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Xi Hotel

You added Xi Hotel to your Saves list
Xi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.7 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Formerly The Minden Hotel) (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #170 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sarasota, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great location after you find it. Not on a main street. Very clean with smallish rooms. Gets you you ready for a cruise. Good food in area. Very nice in house breakfast. Very nice english speaking stall

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L, Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Xi Hotel for your recent trip to Hong Kong.

On behalf of the management, we were delighted to receive your comment. Your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success.

Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Xi Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Blackwood, Gwent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has recently been renamed as they are trying to market it as a boutique hotel which it clearly is not. The room was very small with a huge noisy air conditioning unit and also a dehumidifier. The bathroom was basic and grubby. However, the bed , pillows and linen were high quality and if it wasn't for the noisy bars in the street and the noisy air conditioning we would have had a good nights sleep. I recommend ear plugs!
The breakfast wasn't bad with assorted pastries , two types of cereal, apples and bananas and yogurt.You could sit outside on a roof terrace which was nice.
The staff are very helpful and courteous.
This hotel is OK for a one or two night stay, it is reasonably central for walking to shops, restaurants and the key side.
The rooms at the front are very noisy so ask for a room at the back if you have a choice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L, General Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Xi Hotel Hong Kong as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Hong Kong and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your valuable feedback about the noise in the room. We truly understand and share the feeling of bearing such annoyance.

We will make every effort to seek continuous improvement in serving our customers satisfactorily. We are studying on the improvement work could be done to the existing air-conditioner in reducing the nuisance

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you visit HK for a few days and do not bother about gym & amenities, Xi hotel could be your choice. The hotel locates near Holiday Inn TST into a small street corner filled with pubs & restaurant. Although it is only 5 minutes walk from the busy Nathan Road, you will find Xi in a quiet corner. I was on the 8th floor, and surprise that I didn't hear any noise from the road or the pubs downstair. Check-in was smooth & easy. The first room checked was very small, so I paid 300 extra to get upgrade to a deluxe twins which we were satisfied. Bed linens were clean, but the head-rest was filthy with black spots. Bathroom was clean & small. Everything works fine. There's a mini stereo for the iphone & air filter that helps to refresh the atmosphere. Breakfast was okay with variety of bakery choices & juices. No rice & noodle. Dining room was very crowded. Check out speed was good. In general, we were quite happy with this hotel. Although we only spent a little time in room after long day outside and leave the htoel right after breakfast everyday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Paul L, General Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success.

Cainta, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked over a month ago and the first time they ran my card I held the funds back because I realized I was entitled to a 20% discount and not the 15% discount I booked it on. Immediately, I received an email and I was told if I don't give another card otherwise, they will release my booking by Jan 28. And when I asked them if I can change my booking and I was told "you are not allowed to make any changes in the booking" initially it was fine, I even sent an email to say to re-run my card and they never did. Moreover, every time I check online to retrieve my online booking it says confirmed - pay at hotel so my booking was never released. I never booked with another hotel. Take note they even sent me a welcome email in reference to my stay with them 3 days prior to arrival. Well, upon arrival, I gave my booking and made me and my party wait for atleast 10 minutes. The manager arrived with the printout of their correspondence with me (ofcourse mine was not printed out). And after a few exchange of words and clarification hesitantly, the manager said, "okay I will honor this booking for now, but I cannot gurantee I give you the same rate" naturally I felt so welcomed, obviously, I declined it's the whole principle of the booking and twice confirmed on the web and their email to me just to be told "oh, that's just system generated". When I turned my back he offered me his card and I said "What for?" Is he so dense, "haven't you and the hotel insulted me enough already?"
Although people rave about the location, it's not as easy to find as most say. The site is not exactly behind Holiday Inn Golden Mile as you will end up walking a good 5-10 minute walk to get to the hotel. Holiday Inn Golden Mile still offers the best location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Paul L, Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Xi Hotel Hong Kong as your preferred choice of stay for your recent visit to Hong Kong and for taking the time to post your feedback with us.

We at the Xi Hotel Hong Kong were disappointed to read your review and would like to extend our sincere apologies to your disappointment and the inconvenience caused.

As we unable to take deposit form your credit card, we have sent the email informing you to provide another credit card. You replied that we may release your reservation if we still unable to take deposit from your card. It is the reason we cancelled your reservation after your card has been rejected again.

We take all guest comments very seriously and once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you had on your last stay. We look forward to having another privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is located in the heart of TST but still in quiet side street. So you are able to get quickly away from TST's hazzle if you need to.

The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable but we wouldn't call it a boutique hotel though the hotel advertises itself as a boutique hotel. There wasn't anything that special nor wow-effects in decoration even we got upgrade to deluxe room. As always it is very positive if there is good and comfortable bed in a hotel and this time we had very good one.
The hotel's staff was really nice and helpful and Mandy who worked at reception was the icing of the cake.

The breakfast was so POOR that it would be better to no offer it all. Especially if they like to have that boutique status. It was by far the worst hotel breakfast we have ever eaten.
I could stay at this hotel again if I get the breakfast somewhere else. Except the breakfast we got good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L, Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback on the breakfast issues related to our hotel so that we can do whatever possible to make improvements for our guests.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

It is almost next to the Holiday inn Golden mile, where you can take free shuttle to Kowloon train station to airport.

Good and silent location you can go almost all Kowloon attraction by foot.

Rooms are small but normal for HK. About or below 100euro per night, it is very good option. Nice and simple design, small hotel with good staff.

Ps.
No pool or gym at hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Paul L, Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The location of Xi hotel is great - 5 mins from the waterfront, and next to Tsim Sha Tsui's bustling shops, restaurants and metro. Yet because it is off the main streets it is quiet enough for a comfortable sleep. The room was small, but we doubt this was much different to other hotels in the area. We were a family of 4 so sleeping was tight (the double bed is a standard double, so, despite the fact the hotel doesn't charge for under 12s extra bedding is really needed). Breakfast was good with a selection of filled buns available, along with a few cereals, bread, eggs and sausages.

We had a problem getting transport to the airport because the morning staff forgot about the new years parade, which would make getting a taxi near impossible! The evening staff were excellent though and managed to find a taxi willing to (somehow) reach the hotel. They dealt with this problem efficiently and nicely!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Paul L, Manager at Xi Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014

Xi Hotel

Been to Xi Hotel? Share your experiences!