I had 40 hours in Honkers, I had a desire to make it easy and filled to the brim with luxury so it had to be an Asian hotel chain and it was probably always going to be The Landmark.
I was picked up at the aircraft, taken through passport control and customs, driven perfectly and whisked to my room for check in. It's a swift, faultless operation with lovely touches like clear introductions at each handover and great presentation whilst understanding that a guest may not be feeling the best after a long and delayed flight.
The room was perfect and large, as was the bathroom, shower, bath, basins etc etc. all well appointed. Nice mini bar too.
Bed was fantastic, food in hotel and room service was of a very high standard indeed. Delicious, well presented and good portions.
It's central alright but still easy to get anywhere and away from the malls to the privately owned restaurants and bars.
What let it down? One thing only, and that was a refusal of late check out even though I paid half a day rate for a check out up to 6pm. They refused to move it to 8pm even though the room was free after I vacated it. It would have showed some real class, and not left me feeling they were actually cheap and inflexible if they had accommodated this small request.
A fantastic hotel, but not a classy one ... chasing the extra dollar may pay their bills, but they should be careful as it demonstrates they lack a real understanding of what makes a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stunning Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is one of Asia's most luxurious, stylish and contemporary hotels. This sophisticated Forbes five-star Hong Kong hotel is ideally located at The Landmark in the heart of Central, a few steps from most of Hong Kong's key commercial buildings as well as opulent shopping districts with the highest concentration of luxury brands in Asia. Amongst the many Hong Kong hotels, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental sets the standard for bespoke service and stylish sophistication. State-of-the-art technology compliments alluring interiors in all 113 rooms and suites with amongst the largest hotel rooms designed for pure sensory indulgence. Chef Richard Ekkebus helms the kitchen at Amber the Michelin two-star restaurant, whilst world-renowned musical talents play in the unparalleled exclusivity of MO Bar, equally popular on Sundays for its indulgent lobster lunch. Also, escape Hong Kong's urban bustle at The Oriental Spa with rejuvenating yoga and Pilates plus the pure pleasures of exclusive facials, body treatments and award-winning signature treatments by the finest therapists in this internationally renowned Hong Kong hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Tingo, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Landmark
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental