“Still my favourite hotel in hong kong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Panorama by Rhombus

You added Hotel Panorama by Rhombus to your Saves list
Hotel Panorama by Rhombus
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8A Hart Avenue, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Offers & Announcements
Extra 10% discount
Ranked #63 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Perth, Australia
“Still my favourite hotel in hong kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at panorama hotel in January 2012 and I stayed there again in January 2013. I arrived into hong kong on 18 January from Osaka at 12.30am. By the time I checked into the hotel it was close to 2am. It didn't take long to check in. Unfortunately none of our key card was able to let us go up to their Ava restaurant for breakfast. We went back to the lobby to get the key card fixed. The two cards for my rooms were fixed but the card key for my children's room were totally malfunctional after fixing, they could not use the lift nor could they get into heir room. But problem was solved within seconds. I just love this hotel for its million dollar view, comfortable bed, good service, great location, access to club lounge for the club room and most important of all the great firm pillows which were being provided. The concierge was always happy to help with direction. The housekeeping never failed to greet me with "good morning" or good afternoon. The thoughtfulness of the little biscuit and caffeine free tea provided in the evening. I simply won't stay at any other place when I visit hong kong again in April this year. I thank you for making my stay in hong kong such a comfortable experience, I just love to go back to hong kong again.

Room Tip: Great restaurants surrounding the hotel and great place to shop
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room is right accross from the hong kong harbor. Therefore, the harbor view rooms offer the best view! The rooms are very small, but confortable. The service was great and the food in the lobby restaurant was tasty. The free breakfast buffet was not good at all. I recommend paying for breakfast at the lobby restaurant. There were many restaurants and stores at walking distance. I would recommend this hotel, for the location, the service, and it was one of the most affortable hotels in comparison to other hotels without a view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the Harborview club room for 3 nights in Jan 2013. Service was bad - staff were all conveniently ignorant of us waiting at the check-in queue. When we finally managed to get someone's attention, the service rendered was condenscending and rude. Rooms were small, and nothing to shout about. Yes, there's a harborview but we were not in the room that much to really enjoy it anyway. Breakfast selection was pathetic, and don't get me started on the non-existent selection of canapes for the evening cocktails that we had paid extra for....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Benjamin F, General Manager at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Zoey C,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are very valuable to us.

I am very concerned to hear of the disappointment you experienced with the service at check in counter and breakfast selection.

I have personally addressed the issues mentioned with the concerned departments and assure your experience is not an example of our usual high standard of service. Please accept my sincere apologies for all inconveniences caused to you.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel Panorama by Rhombus in the near future and I have the chance to meet you. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at gm_hp@rhombusinternational.com for any assistance.

Yours sincerely
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for five nights. The location is good, with plenty to do within walking distance and the MTR is just outside the hotel for excursions to other places. The room was adequate, a little on the small side but perhaps that's just Hong Kong in general. The room wasn't available at check-in time so had to sit and wait, with no refreshment or apology to keep my spirits up. But what really let the hotel down were some of the staff. Some were friendly and considerate but others were polar opposite, being downright rude. I was there over New Year so I expect staff were busy, but a little courtesy goes a long way in making a stay pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear lilsde,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Panorama by Rhombus as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Hong Kong and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were very disappointed to read your review and would like to extend our sincere apologies for your disappointment and inconvenience casued.

We truly appreciate your valuable feedback on the service provided by our staff. I have personally addressed this issue with our service team to avoid recurrence. We will make every effort to seek continuous improvement in serving our customers satisfactory.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be of service to you in the near future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We received a warmth welcome by the bell boy when we arrived. The check in was smooth and I asked for a highest floor and corner room for my gold room but I didn't get the corner room and the sound proof was bad though I got on the 22nd floor. The room was small but facilities are great. The pillows are very comfortable. Views not so bad, can see the harbour from the side window. The location are great, mostly within walking distance. The only down things is why a four star rated hotel no wifi in all rooms? However, it was still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel previously for business and was keen to return again when we visit Hong Kong this year. I had stayed in a Gold room previously and loved the location but was let down by the lousy views. That was fine as it was for business. This time round, I'll be bringing my family and had written in to the hotel asking for an upgrade for a harbour view as this trip was a wedding anniversary trip. Sadly, the hotel did not bother to reply my email.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin F, General Manager at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear RadsRads,

Thank for for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to learn that your email was not replied, particularly, this was about the room arrangement for your wedding anniversary. Whilst we cannot bring back what should have been a delightful stay. We are very keen to make amend if you are able to afford us this opportunity at anytime in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me via gm_hp@rhombusinternational.com should I be of any assistance to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Panorama by Rhombus

Best regards
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Rhombus in November 2012 during our holiday in HK and Hainan. The hotel location was ideal for us: In the middle of real local living, everywhere we wanted to go within walking distance or easy access to MTR. Also taxis cheap and plenty. We had booked a gold room, but there were none ready, when we arrived at 4 pm. We accepted their proposal for upgrading the room to one on the 37 floor with harbor view (suppose it was a club room) . However, we had to wait another 2,5 hours to get in. In spite of a bit uncomfortable feeling (we had been travelling all the way through from Helsinki and our clothing was a bit too warm for HKs 27 degree temperature, it was worth it. The hotel staff, especially in the concierge, was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were good and spotless. Magnificent scenery. In all, the hotel was excellent value for money (were made an early booking and found out that the "last minute" price would have been nearly double).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Panorama by Rhombus? Share your experiences!