The price we paid for this hotel for one night including a check out at 16.00 hours represented good value for money.Staff were very friendly & helpful, beds firm - the type we like. Quiet room overlooked some rather dingy apartments at the back of the hotel - but not so different from many hotels. I am sure in its day this would have been a very 'posh' hotel, but it has been overtaken. Breakfast was a bit limited.
Internet facilities available - able to check in for flight - but could not print boarding passes - printer not working
The airport shuttle buses do not run to this side of the Island. A taxi from Central was approx $40HK plus $10HK for 2 pieces of luggage - make sure you have the name of the hotel writen in Chinese. A free shuttle bus ran from the hotel about every 45 mins to Central - which we used on all other occasions including when we departed. Lots of public buses & trams ran past the front door - ask a member of staff for help
The area around the hotel was full of small shops - you could find most types of food to buy locally.
For dinner we went to the Lonely Planet recommended Kwun Kee Restaurant - some 10 mins walk away (down the the side of McDonalds), ask a member of staff for directions. There is also a Chinese restaurant on site & locals were eating there & it was Monday night after all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly Ramada Hong Kong Hotel, BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong is the first hotel in Hong Kong carrying PLUS, a superior brand of the Best Western Hotel Group. The hotel is well located at the Western District of Hong Kong Island. A traditional real Hong Kong area undergoing rapid changes, here is where you find the genuine east meets west. It is within a 5-minute walk to the nearest Hong Kong University MTR Station. The Macau Ferry Pier, the Central business district, Lan Kwai Fong, the SoHo Entertainment & Dining Hub, and the Airport Express Railway Hong Kong Terminus are all within a 10-minute car ride. Facilitated by the Western Harbour Tunnel & the versatile highway network, access to the HK International Airport, the HK Disneyland Theme Park, and the AsiaWorld Expo is easy with a 35-minute car ride. There is also a stop of the hundred-year-old tram service right in front of the hotel. Try this inexpensive & historic means of transportation and appreciate the city in a relaxing pace. All 307 hotel rooms and suites are tastefully designed and furnished. Coupled with their ample room size, we offer unbeatable value to meet the needs of every traveler, business or leisure alike. Guests can always stay connected with the free Wi-Fi available within the hotel property. Pamper yourself with magnificent view of the Victoria Harbour by staying in our rooms and suites on high floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ramada
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong