“Good pricing for a business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong

You added Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong to your Saves list
Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41-49 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Special Price
FREE WIFI & Extra 15% OFF
Ranked #101 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 stars 683 Reviews
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Good pricing for a business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Having the office not very far from the hotel, this place has a location advantage on other hotels in Wanchai. Furthermore the prices are not too high when comparing to other hotels in the area (Grand Hyatt, Renaissance, or the hotels in pacific place).

The facility is just ok but good enough for a business stay. The lobby is simple and the downside after checking in is the stairs you have to take to the lifts. The hotel attracts many Chinese tourists and gets at times noisy in the lobby area. I've been staying in the 18th floor which was quiet with nice view over the area.

The area offers many good restaurants, night life and 5 minutes walking distance to the underground.

Bottom line there are no thrills, but for business I'll come again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed this hotel with my girl friend from July 16th to 17th. our room was very clean and cozy.
And also, the breakfast was nice and the location was not bad too.
The most important thing is that all staffs was very kind.
we had a great time in this place. If we have a chance to visit, we will use the hotel again.
Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location. It is close to Metro station and is surrounded by restaurants and clubs. You can reach the major attractions in a jiffy. As it is close to the shopping and city area, the hotel rooms are expectedly small. Even though I had requested for joining rooms as we went there as a family, and needed two rooms, we were not offered joining rooms. My family was split several rooms apart. I think the service standards can be improved. Otherwise, the rooms were tidy and the toilets were clean. Most importantly the hotel is always nearby wherever we went, whether to the Harbour, to the Peak or to the Ladies market.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DOperations, Manager at Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Mgr04,

Many thanks for your compliments to our hotel location, the convenience of moving around the city and room cleanliness. We regretted that it wasn’t a comfortable stay because of the room arrangement. Please rest assured that training will be reinforced towards the Guest Service team to ensure every guest request is being attended to without hesitation.

We look forward to welcoming you back for next visit to HK and please feel free to let us know if we can be of any service or assistance in future.

Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were upgraded to a room on the seventh floor. It was a very comfortable room, clean and quiet. The black out curtains helped us get a great night's sleep. The staff on reception are very courteous and helpful. Thanks to Amine for organising the shuttle to airport for us at short notice.
Plenty of restaurants nearby and walking distance to the ferry to Kowloon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is my 3 or 4th stay at this hotel, and I must say they continue to innovate and improve everything.

I received a courteous e-mail from the hotel a day or two before my trip requesting further information on my preferences, and sure enough upon arrival a quick swipe of my credit card for a holding deposit and I had my room keys and was unpacking in under 10 mins of arriving.

Room was clean as always, along with the bathroom, and was kept clean everyday. Even the tea and coffee was replenished daily, which I notice a lot of 5 star hotels fail to do.

And don't forget the free wi-fi!

As always on my next visit to Hong Kong the MetroPark@Wan Chai will be top of my list!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I needed a hotel for a one-night stay in Hong Kong and had some business in Wanchai, so I chose the Metropark. It was a great choice. They upgraded me to a better class of room without being asked and even allowed me to check in a few minutes early (ie, before the normal 2pm check-in time). I asked for a quiet room and that's exactly what they gave me. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. I especially appreciated the lightning-fast internet. I'm going back to the Metropark next time I go to Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Good side:
1.Location is near to MRT.
2.Near to convenient store.
3.Near to Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition in walking distance.
4.Surrounding with local food.

Bad side:
1.Breakfast option is less and same.
2.a bit noisy if you stay lower floor.

Stayed July 2014
DOperations, Manager at Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Lawrence M.

Thanks for your comment on Tripadvisor.com. We regret that your stay was not at all comfortable and your comment has been brought up to the attention of F&B department so as to rectify the situation as soon as possible. However, for the noise problem, all rooms on low floors have been fitted with double-glazed windows and the traffic noise is kept at a very low level at present. Please let us know if the noise was not purely from the traffic, so we may try our best to eliminate or mitigate it if possible. .

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel again and being of service to you. Should there be any assistance or service required, please feel free to contact us at doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com.

Director of Operations

Been to Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong? Share your experiences!