OK, let me start this review by saying a) I'm spoiled rotten by other modern Four Seasons and b) I stayed over Christmas, which obviously means the hotel was packed to the brim.
The level of excellence of this hotel has been amply described by other reviewers: the rooms are large, beautiful and impeccable, the views are stunning, the spa, the pool, the restaurants, the location... all wonderful and perfect.
The meal we had at the French restaurant at the hotel -- Caprice -- was probably one of, if not The, best meal we've ever had.
Did I mention the views? And the IFC mall (with its awesome shops and pretty good restaurants)? I mean, you almost don't have to leave the hotel and the immediate surroundings if you just looking for wonderful meals, sightseeing and shopping.
Did I also mention the great 42" Panasonic plasma in the room? Not that we were there to watch TV, but it is a nice touch.
Both our arrival and departure experiences were... not up to Four Seasons standards.
At arrival, we were disappointed we didn't get the upgrade we were entitled too. Fortunately it's not like we booked a bad room to begin with, but after having the expectation set (and met always before this trip) it was disppointing. The whole thing also felt rushed and several details were msised.
Departure was actually even less perfect; we had booked a limo to take us to the aiport (this was at the end of an extended trip, we had a LOT of luggage), and, in customary FS fashion we did get a nice note card reminding us the car would be ready at 11:30am.
So we get down to the Front Desk by 11:15am to check out -- get our bill, pay... and suddenly the FS magic goes AWOL. First, the front desk person -- who just reviewed my bill -- didn't notice there was a charge for a limo and almost calls a taxi for us. So we have to point out that we have a limo setup. No biggie, right? Well, the front door staff also forgot about our limo and they actually give it to somebody else. So we have to wait around until almost 12pm for *another* limo to show up -- and when it does, the driver seems to be in a bad mood and the car is not up to the standard of the limo that was given to somebody else -- which was the same that had taken us in a few days earlier.
I know, I sound kinda petty, and to be quite honestly given the choice I'm never going to stay anywhere else in Hong Kong, but hey -- when you strive for perfection (which this FS clearly does) even the smallest snafu needs to be pointed out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the waterfront overlooking Victoria Harbour and the financial district, Four Seasons redefines luxury and excellence in a city renowned for exceptional accommodations. As part of the prestigious International Finance Centre, it offers unrivalled links to Hong Kong Station, with the famed Star Ferry steps away. In a city known for great dining, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is the only hotel in the world with two Michelin three-star restaurants - Caprice and Lung King Heen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong