We had a wedding lunch in the restaurant next door in IFC Mall, and booked 2 nights are Four Seasons, 1 night (normal room) before the lunch, and 1 night (suite) after the lunch.
I requested if the suite could be made available at noon, in order to change dresses before the lunch. This was not possible as the hotel was fully booked. (I checked, and suites were bookable online). So I made the point that the suite should be ready by the time the lunch ends at 4pm.
We were made to wait from 4.30pm to 5pm in the lobby in full gear. Around 4.50pm customer services manager came to ask if we wanted a drink. Manager on duty introduced herself as well but did not seem too concerned. Finally, shortly after 5pm, the suite that cost us over 10,000 HKD per night was ready for us, and about 15 minutes later our suitcases from the previous room were brought in. Hardly world-class service.
Poor service continued when we wanted to book 4 seats Inagiku. Only 3 were available, at the counter, until a call to customer service manager helped get four seats (at the counter rather than a table). Throughout our dinner, the restaurant was maybe 40% full. Prices are ridiculous, and the food mediocre. I am not surprised their ranking here is about 900th out of over 1800 restaurants in Hong Kong.
The moment we were stepping out of our room for our 8pm booking at Inagiku, a trolley arrived with a bottle of champagne - just when we did not need it. 2 spa vouchers were provided, but I don't think we will be back to use them.
Rooms themselves are very nice (although the views were modest as our suite was on 12th out of 40+ floors), and the location hard to beat, but the memory of the unacceptable service on an important day will certainly last a lifetime.
My personal conclusions:
1) Never stay in a hotel in which you have no status - you get treated like royalty as Starwood Plat or even Marriott Gold but like a nuisance if you book a suite at Four Seasons
2) Never stay at a Four Seasons again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the waterfront overlooking Victoria Harbour and the financial district, Four Seasons redefines luxury and excellence in a city renowned for exceptional accommodations. As part of the prestigious International Finance Centre, it offers unrivalled links to Hong Kong Station, with the famed Star Ferry steps away. In a city known for great dining, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is the only hotel in the world with two Michelin three-star restaurants - Caprice and Lung King Heen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong