“Wonderful. Period.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Third Night!
Ranked #3 of 643 hotels in Hong Kong
New Jersey
“Wonderful. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Found myself here on business and cannot recommend it enough. The staff is wonderful. Case in point: Concierge booked me a foot massage, got me a cab. When I got to the spa, discovered I left my wallet in the hotel. Taxi driver drove me back and demanded payment. The young man out front instantly paid my fare. I of course repaid him, but how great is that? Really nice people work here.

Room is well though out: lights are by the door so you cant forget to turn them out when you leave. Room staff constantly refresh when you leave. A wonderful property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

1,316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I flew with my wife and daughter (6) to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in June. The plan was to stay at FS HKG for 4 days, then FS Ko Samui (5 days), then on the return Mandarin Oriental. This is the first review on FS HKG. We have stayed at many FS properties around the world so I think I can provide a good comparison.

The meet and greet at the airport is a must do if traveling with family or your first time in HKG. They meet you plane side and help you through all formalities to your waiting limo/sedan. Arrival to FS was ordinary as check in was in the room. Booked via AM EX Platinum so had a room upgrade and breakfast included. The room is very nice and modern. People have commented on the view..it is nice but not as nice from the Kowloon side. I have stayed at Peninsula in 2008 and in comparison offers a much better view of the harbor and skyline.

We tried out all the restaurants. The blue bar I believe serves a buffet while the other serves off a menu. BF general was good but on one morning they were very quick to chase us out. My daughter was well behaved and was actually eating so we decided to spend some extra time for her to eat. There were many tables free and no line waiting, yet the server came and tried to pick up my unsigned check 3 times. I was very annoyed with this. The server kept speaking to the manager so my feeling is that the manager was driving this behavior. If there is an issue, the senior management/staff needed to pull me to the side and explain the situation and reasoning. We also tried Caprice and Long Keen. Caprice is very nice and as expected eclectic food. The cantoneese restaurant while the food good, didn't deserve the stellar reviews. All in all the food experience was a 3.5/5

The SPA and pool is fabulous!!! We spent time at both and AM EX gave a $100 spa credit so even better. Very clean with some of the facilities being almost "out of this world" A must try. 5/5

In summary, I am sure this is a very nice hotel for business travel. Not an ideal hotel if traveling with family. They didn't know what to do when my daughter was around. Maybe we were also expecting a FS with kids club experience to be fair.

So a 4.25/5 rating (NOW in comparison the MO Hong Kong on our return is a 5/5)

Room Tip: I think the peak view rooms may be better. If possible stay on kowloon side (Peninsula) for harbor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My second stay in two years and a little less impressed than my first. The airport pick up is outstanding and check in a breeze. My upgraded room was more than adequate and generally speaking the service is outstanding. There were just a few issues with service in the restaurant off the lobby, in that I sat and was not approached for an eternity, in fact ever and then left, and of course on mentioning this on checkout, there was a flurry of activity and the manager appeared and handled the situation well enough, but frankly this should not happen. I was unable to get a spa appointment which was also a little annoying. The trip was otherwise too short to experience the rest of the hotel or comment further. Would I return? Of course!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed for a week at this property, and it was a truly memorable stay. We were greeted at the airport gate by a Four Seasons representative, and was taken to a Mercedes-Benz S-class limousine which was waiting for us. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were immediately taken to our room, with the express check-in taking place at our room itself.

Our 3 year old daughter was treated with toys, cake and macaroons as well as a welcome card hand-drawn by Vivian, one of the staff at the Four Seasons. She also had her own bathrobe and slippers which fitted her well.

The Executive suite itself was spacious, with a large bedroom, en-suite, living area with a second toilet. It had automatic drapes that could be opened or closed at the touch of a button. The view across the harbour was spectacular.

Food was great, and we experienced room service dining, The Lounge, and also the Caprice (Michelin 3-star French restaurant). We thoroughly enjoyed all of it, and especially the Caprice which was exceptional in food and service.

The pool area was fantastic, and it had a resort atmosphere with a great view of the harbour. There were two large pools - one a lap pool and the other a large family pool. Service was prompt, and on one occasion our family was treated to ice cream. Sunscreen lotions were available in abundance, as were towels.

The Executive club was great, with a small but quality selection of dishes for breakfast and afternoon tea. The business centre was well equipped. We had complimentary wireless broadband, which was fast and reliable (we never had trouble with it during our entire stay).

The hotel is linked to the IFC mall, and has easy access to Hong Kong MTR station as well as the ferry piers.

We felt that each and every staff member were genuinely happy to see our 3 year old daughter, and she was always greeted and often showered with treats (cookies, colouring in pencils and books, macaroons, chocolate, cupcakes, etc). Also the housekeeping staff must have noticed some marks on our daughter's iPad screen, as one evening we found waiting for us on the table a cleaning cloth for the iPad screens.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Hong Kong, especially with young children.

Room Tip: Executive suites are spacious and you also have access to the Executive Club, with complimentary bre...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I had a quick trip to Hong Kong and enjoyed my stay here. The room was a lovely, though slightly dated, harbor view room on the 9th floor. I did appreciate the easy access to the Star Ferry to Kowloon and the shopping center. And as always, wonderful, classic Four Seasons service. Only criticism, I hate paying for Wifi in top hotels. It's kind of ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2012
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife is from Hong Kong and we have always stayed here when visiting family. The Four Seasons is run amazingly well. A very well oiled machine. We usually take advantage of the airport pick-up (Golf cart at the gate and Mercedes S-class pick-up and in-room check-in at the hotel). The hotel is well located in Central and attached to the IFC. There is a good grocery store in the IFC for snacks and a quick walk to the star ferry (which I always get excited about taking to Kowloon). The rooms are beautiful and the spa is top notch as is the roof top pool. Go for a harbour view room as it is worth it.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If the service had been any better, we'd have thought it was a set-up. From the moment we arrived, we were treated to friendly, thoughtful and thorough care of a personal level we'd never expected to receive from a major hotel chain. As this was the first time my wife and I had stayed at any Four Seasons, we can't say to what extent this quality of service was specific to their Hong Kong property, but it was truly remarkable. For example, we received an upgrade to a suite the moment a hotel staff member heard that we were celebrating our anniversary there. When my wife asked for some honey for her tea, she was brought a very generous amount of manuka honey - the best you can get. Our dietary and scheduling idiosyncrasies were all cheerfully accommodated. The Four Seasons Hong Kong seems to realize that even the most beautiful property and location aren't enough to guarantee a great stay - it all comes down to service.

The hotel itself is extraordinarily beautiful and well-maintained. They've done a great job of subtly integrating local elements into the decor. Do spring the little extra for a harbour view room, as watching the goings-on in Hong Kong harbour is a treat in itself (binoculars were in the suite - nice touch). The spa is also well worth fitting into your plans, as it's a big and beautiful spa. They say it's a good idea to book the spa services you want at least a day or two ahead, especially on weekends. The outdoor pool area was an unexpected treat, as it felt like being at a high-end tropical resort, despite being in view of several financial district office towers.

After our four day/three night stay, my wife and I realized that between the superb hotel and the connected large and surprisingly enjoyable IFC shopping mall, we never actually left the overall property. We'd been sightseeing in Hong Kong on other trips, and this was an anniversary splurge we wanted to make the most of, but the Four Seasons Hong Kong was so great that we felt no pull whatsoever to wander away from it. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: Get a room on the harbor side if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong? Share your experiences!