“Bellbrook rocks !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BellBrook Bistro oz by Laris

BellBrook Bistro oz by Laris
2/F, 77 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)
+852 2530 1600
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #550 of 5,128 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Bistro, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Australia has a rich food history that brings together the cuisines and cultures of its many peoples - indigenous groups, British settlers, and immigrants from such varied places as Italy, Greece, China, India and South Africa (to name a few).The result is a true melting pot of flavors, reflecting Oz's multicultural heritage. David Laris' own childhood memories include many of these foods, and he has used this as a base of inspiration for The Bellbrook concept and menu. Designed for sharing, our menu is based around vintage Australian favorites - food and drink that are homemade, unfussed, flavorful and fun. Our space is hip, but not pretentious, fun yet also cozy. The Bellbrook is an everyday restaurant where our guests can come several times a week for our daily changing specials, or for any special occasion. We take pride in having a team of professional staff that are attentive, warm, genuine and knowledgeable. We strive to always give our guests a good time and a fun experience when they come to The Bellbrook.
Heemstede, The Netherlands
“Bellbrook rocks !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

No need to make a long story about this place. Absolutely mouth watering food in an great casual setting. My new favourite in town

Hong Kong, China
“Well Executed Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The first thing that strikes you is the cosy industrial feel to the restaurant with well spaced tables, a great little glassed in verandah area and open kitchen - it has a great feel. The service was great throughout the night and Vikash the manager looked after everyone very well. The food is really exceptional and unique without being over the top. The barramundi in paperbark was moist and melt in the mouth fresh and the chicken beautifully cooked with the amazing gravy. Started with fresh Aust oysters and the fish wings on hay - again unique but it worked. Prices are good too. My only suggestion would be a wider selection of wine - especially as the restaurant is part of the larger Dining Concepts Group. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best meal in ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had the kangaroo on a bed of smoked hay with chocolate raisin sauce and parsnip purée. It was very very good. Everything was well prepared well cooked well seasoned well paired and well judged. A super dish, nice presentation too though the wire tray makes it hard to cut the steak. Raisin often overpowers dishes for me, not here. Pavlova was amazing probably a bit too sweet fr some but nt me. Tarte passion fruit coulis helps. Chewy meringue. Lots of fruit. Yum. Best meal I have had in Hong Kong in years. Nice relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A very good surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went to dinner last night to the Bellbrook and honestly I was not expecting anything special. But in fact I was absolutely glad by my experience in that restaurant. The staff is really nice and customer focus trying to accommodate any special requests. The food is originally amazing with quite large portions for reasonable prices. My favourite was the pavlova! Highly recommended!

Marsascala, Malta
“Very relaxed athmosphere :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice athmosphere. The ambiente and the restaurant tema were fabulous, helpfull and very friendly.
The food was very good and a lot of new flavours to try.
I have been there with a group of friends and we ride a few appetizers, the portanto chips with truffled salt and the octopus. The Home made bread was also very good.
As mains we went for the mussels, the kanguru and the fish... What an amazing sort of options...
As for the desert e asked for a Pavlova and a sticking bread pudins to be reserved in advance so that we could still try them ;)
Very good options speacially the bread pudding with ice-cream and caramell sauce.
You should try it, and if you go with a big group please try the 2kg tomhank special beef.... I had mymouth watering for it.... But unfortunelly we weren't that many....

Visited October 2013