“GO only during WEEKDAYS!!!!! Avoid mainland china holiday periods too!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hong Kong Disneyland

More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“GO only during WEEKDAYS!!!!! Avoid mainland china holiday periods too!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

First of all, go only during weekdays. Again, avoid weekend. And to be triple sure, go during weekend, and mainland china holiday season at your own risk.
We travelled specifically on a Tuesday, as our neighbor who travelled there during weekend, three weeks before us, had such unfortunate encounters. They waited for 2 hrs for each ride, shoved around and cut q by all other people... Comparatively, our average q time is 2 mins for each station, and the longest one is the character photo taking session at fantasy land, max 15 mins for Mickey mouse. During weekdays, china mainland tourist are rare, as such not so much jumping the q, or rushing in and pushing you out of the front q (not that it doesnt occur, just fewer).
IMO Disneyland hong kong did their best, but there is a limit on how they can control the crowd.
Back to the fun part: yes both my kids enjoyed the trip totally, highlight of their Hk trip.(aged 3 and 4). I would suggest upon arrival take the train for one stop to fantasy land, cover all scenes there (the little world is nice, also character photo in the park). The self driven car at toy story land is very nice, and the LILO and stitch live q&a session is funny. Parade is grand. I find the lion king performance also a must to enjoy. Ending the park visit with the highlight Of 8pm fireworks.
We stayed at Disneyland hotel for that night but IMO ~400usd is a hefty price tag for the hotel. You are better off getting a good hotel nearby and take a cab or mtr after exiting the park.
A must visit, especially for kids. Food is pricey but within acceptable range.

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
50 attraction reviews
“Fantastic couple of days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

People have told me when you walk through the doors of Disneyland you enter a magical world, and wow so true. We are a family of four 2 adults and 2 children (13 and 6), this was our first trip to any Disneyland and we had an amazing time. We purchased a two day pass, and I’m so glad that we did as it gave us extra time to go back and cover things we didn’t get around to the first day. The rides were so much fun (our favorites were Grizzly Grinch, RC Racer (only my oldest and I went on this), Buzz Lightyear). We loved how the characters did so much interaction with everyone and how it wasn’t when you went up for a photo just stand and click, that the characters actually joked around with the kids, and even the adults and we even had the staff taking photos on our personal camera. My youngest got pulled up to participate in the parade, and loved how the characters also interacted with the kids (my youngest) during the parade as well by coming up to him while he was sitting watching.
The only thing that I would suggest and will keep this in mind when I visit other parks, is not to go on the weekend, or if you do then purchase a two day pass. Our first day at the park was on a Sunday and to start with it was ok, but by about 3.00pm there were crowds everywhere, and the lines were so long, we did get the fast pass for one of the rides on this day (would recommend that as well), you just put your ticket in then it gives you a time to come back to the ride and when you do you just walk up to the front of the fast pass line and avoid the long queues. One of the staff actually checked with us if we got a two day pass and said if you come on the week day it will be a lot quieter. When we went back the following day we had marked on the map all the things we wanted to cover, and we got through it all plus more within 4 hours as there were no line ups for the rides or to have your photo taken with the characters. Thank you Disneyland for making it a magical time for us all.

Visited September 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
“great place for family bonding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am not a child but I still enjoyed the place. I had the chance to have a picture with Minnie and it was fun. This place would be perfect for a family bonding with kids 12 and below.

Visited January 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
6 attraction reviews
“Progressing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been to US and Japan's Disneyland - HKG is the smallest - even though with the latest new theme park.

Certainly, it is a wonderful place for my kids as they love to visit Disneyland whenever we visit HKG.
However, with the increasing arrival of Tourists from mainland China - it can be really frustrating.
Mainly because many of them don't like to follow the line.
During the recent school holiday - my family visited Disneyland again and more than a dozen times - they just tried to go in front of us without following the line and I have to literally stop some of them.
Sadly, many of the staffs ignore it.

Besides that, it is a great place for children and adults alike.

Visited August 2012
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
9 attraction reviews
“thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

this is a place where the whole family can have a great day. the shows are terrific especially the festival of the lion king as well as the golden mickeys. the attractions are strategically and methodically arranged so that navigating them is a breeze. we went there on a monday and we were able to enjoy almost all the rides and shows because there were relatively few tourists during that time. food is overpriced, although the portions are very generous. there are lots of drinking fountains so there's no need to buy the expensive bottled waters. try to come during opening time (around 10 am) until the closing (around 8 pm) to fully enjoy the day. its tag as the happiest place on earth is definitely well deserved.

Visited October 2012