Visited during the Halloween season, so HK Disneyland had a Vampires vs Werewolves thing going on.
Overall: Didn't meet my expectations, but I still had a good time because the place was still magical (not to mention spacious, clean, and well-designed). If I ever have kids, I'll make sure that I'll bring them to HK Disneyland.
- Plus points to HK Disneyland for the Halloween props/décor—amazing and really spooky once night comes.
- I loved Fantasyland. Growing up watching Disney princesses and Alice in Wonderland, this is my favorite section of the park. I just wish that their mascots were there at that time, though. Oh well—next time.
- Enjoyed the River Cruise because our guide was so entertaining! We had no rude people on the boat, too.
- Flights of Fantasy parade was cool. The dancers were doing bungee ballet, the floats were wonderfully and ingeniously made.
- We ate at the restaurant “by Maxim’s” I forgot the name, but it’s the Chinese restaurant themed after Mulan. Expensive food, but delicious!
- THE FIREWORK DISPLAY was the most magically romantic thing I have seen in a long time. Sat next to my boyfriend, it was like being in a magic carpet ride. Weee….
- Nothing “unsightly” here. Even the section under construction had very nice barriers that looked like ballroom walls.
- The Graves Academy (this is their version of the haunted house walk-through) monsters/ghosts were scaring us—IN CHINESE. How in the world were we supposed to understand that?
- The language barrier: I speak English. Aside from my native Tagalog, English is the only other language I can express myself in fluently. I expected to understand the “Cast Members” here, since this was of course a franchise from an American company. Alas, I had to resort to sign language again.
- Balloons are too darn expensive. 100HKD for one balloon?!
- Rides are too tame. If you have a kid, or if you are a kid—congratulations. But the rides here were either too tame for me, or I didn’t want to ride them alone. So I only enjoyed around 5 rides.
- Didn’t get to meet Alice.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.