“Hip boutique hotel to stay in HK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of J Plus Hotel by YOO

You added J Plus Hotel by YOO to your Saves list
J Plus Hotel by YOO
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1-5 Irving Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Formerly J Plus Boutique Hotel) (Causeway Bay)   |
Ranked #91 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 stars 297 Reviews
Los Angeles, California
“Hip boutique hotel to stay in HK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a friend of mine in June 2010. The hotel was booked for us by a company, so I am not exactly sure what the rate was. 2 of us stayed in one room and we didn't mind share one bed, it was big enough for 2 people. I loved stereo system in the room, I could hook up my iPod and sound quality was Amazing! Free internet was a big plus. Bathroom area with a shower was little bit small, but ok. Hotel is rather small, but tall. I think we stayed on 20th floor and as far as i understood there were only 2 rooms on each floor. I loved wine hour everyday for free and free breakfast in the morning. I usually went around 9.30 am and at that time it was not too crowded. Because if it gets crowded there could be an issue with space, because it is served in a lobby. I also loved water/snacks availability in the lobby downstairs all day long. I would usually grab a bottle of water as I leave hotel, it was very convenient. I would recommend it for younger people. Rooms are not too big, but I think designed well to accommodate all needs. Location is good too: pretty close to subway and walking distance to Times Square for shopping! Good experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights in a studio in mid September. I really liked this hotel. We loved the location as it is a buzzing area with loads of shops and restaurants close by and is also close to the metro.
The rooms were very cosy and stylish and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I loved the layout of the lobby as you got talking to other guests. The complimentary breakfast, soft drinks throughout the day and wine from 6 till 8 were a nice added extra.

Overall I thought the hotel was very good value for money compared to the ridiculous prices I was quoted for other hotels in Hong Kong. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Shibuya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Let's face it, if you don't have an expense account, accommodations in Hong Kong can pretty daunting. The Jia Boutique Hotel is a funky alternative to high-end hotels chains. It's affordable, stylish, and designed to please ... both the eye and the pocketbook.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We originally had planned to stay for only a few nights as a stop over however we ended up extending our stay to 12 nights in Hotel Jia. Fantastic rooms and the staff there were so friendly and helpful.

The Drawing Room – If you get the opportunity, do it..! The food is amazing and understandable why is was awarded a Michelin Hat

Mandera – Fantastic cocktails and tapas

Cigarro – If you enjoy a late night Cigar, great selection and the young guy who works there knows his stuff.

Would recommend Hotel Jia to anyone who is going to Hong Kong. The only downside is the cab drivers find it hard to understand where it is. Always take your hotel card with you..!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Extremely friendly and courteous staff. The hotel has studios and suites. Although, I booked a studio, I got upgraded to a suite with separte, living dinig, bedroom and pantry. The rooms are nice clean and very well designed.

The lobby is small, but very well designed. The hotel offers continetal breakfast in the morning and one can go down and grab a juice, coffee or tea at anytime of the day. The cappucino from the coffee machine was quite nice. The afternoon cakes were quite nice. Althought we missed it, they do serve wine in the evening at the lobby as well.

The hotel has two restaurants, a casual tapas restaurant on the ground floor and a formal, michelin star Italian restaurant (called the Drawing Room) with a separate entrance on the first floor. Tried both, but I think one can give it a miss (especially the Drawing room)

Book early to get a good deal. Free Wi-Fi

Overall, I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Although shorte on space, the hotel is beautyfully decorated in a very modern way. Rooms are not spacious but are very well put together.
We were there for two nights in the middle of a typhoon and we couldn't leave the hotel. The staff was more than helpfull in lending us DVDs so we could kill time. The only downside is that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. It would be fine otherwise (I don't like having dinner in hotels), but if you're stuck with a typhoon, it's quite an adventure to go out and have dinner.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We booked a suite here so we could relax and enjoy the last day of our tour across China with a little bit of Hong Kong luxury.
Sadly it was the worst experience of accommodation and value for money on our journey - we'd stayed in five star palaces through to mountain side hostels.
With a room with breakfast rate at $1795HK (£180) plus 10 per cent service we had high expectations.
The "suite" is really the size of a large hotel room and they have squeezed a lot in - you hit the wall as you leave your bed and the shower door misses the toilet by 1cm.
The Phillipe Stark decor was probably cool in 2007 but now looks a bit Ikea.
Air con unit in the bedroom was right above the bed - so we were left to choose between hot and quiet or cool and noisy. The sign saying "Dream" above the bed was optimistic. The worst part of the bedroom was the nasty musty smell which we first noticed when we came back after our night out - possibly air con related. It got worse through the night.
So we headed downstairs hoping a good breakfast would set us up for our last day in Hong Kong. First we had to negotiate the lifts. One made it to us with space for us after a five minute wait. We considered taking the stairs but one look behind the door and we had second thoughts - a nasty smell again and all sorts of junk on the stairs.
So finally down in the lobby and there was "breakfast". Self- served by the many guests from a frankly dangerous work area of approx 3ft by 2ft. One two slice toaster and one coffee machine serving tens of guests. And oh yes - we ate on the lobby floor because there aren't enough seats. I reckon Mr Stark would be having kittens at the impracticality of it all. By the time I'd got a bit of toast cooked the breakfast "service" was shut down. I expressed my disgust to the manager who said she's never heard of problems with room smells before (Strange - I've just read a similar complaint here on tripadvisor) She took $400Hk off the room cost but we were still charged tax on the original $1795.
We left hungry and feeling conned.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to J Plus Hotel by YOO? Share your experiences!