“Nice Hotel in ok area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong

You added Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.387-397 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Ranked #113 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 stars 2,026 Reviews
Ireland
“Nice Hotel in ok area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in a double room. The hotel is located just past Central in Wan Chai. The Hotel is modern and very clean. The room was surprisingly big with a separate bedroom. There was a small kitchenette off the sitting room which was an added extra. There was also a cracker massage chair in the sitting room which was well used! The location was fine, within walking distance to the nearest underground station and close to bars and shopping in Central. There was a complimentary shuttle bus from the hotel to the shopping area which was handy as the heat outside was unbearable but you could have easily walked. All in all a good base to explore Hong Kong,
The Airport express train leaves from the arrivals terminal and is the best way to get to Kowloon or Hong Kong Island and the underground system is a fantastic way to get around in minutes (once you get the hang of it!). The Star Ferry connects Kowloon with Hong Kong Island and goes back and forth all day....take it at least once just for the views of the harbour....amazing.
The only downside to our trip was that we were backpacking around Thailand and stopped off here for visit, we felt very out of place the way we were dressed as the Hong Kong people are so stylish and well groomed...and the hotel is a 4 star so we did not sample the bar or restaurant because we were so under dressed! Oh don't bother with the trip to Ocean Park....waste of a day.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

This is not my first stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, I was there in 2006, the hotel has really come intits own and I was impressed all 7 days I was there. I had a Serviced Apartment because it was a week's stay and can't praise it enough. Part of the stay was the week of Chineses New Year and Honk Kong was at its most inviting. The staff are outsanding and extremely friendly and the services prompt. My deal was HK$9100/week all inclusive incl.taxes, laundry, breakfast etc.The suite was a perfect 1 bedroom apartment and tastefully done and had all the trappings, Flat screen TV's, wireless broadband etc. and local phone calls were free.
I commend the hotel to anyone whi is a business traveller or even a couple on a honeymoon/visit. The location of the Hotel is its best attribute and I had a view which was the Hong Kong Race Track, not too shabby. The one downside I must mention was that Hong Kong turned wintry and the climate control had no heat, I suffered in silence and eventuallly had a Room Heater sent up. For my buck, the hotel scores 9.5/10, almost perfect.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

everyone we encountered from the reservation gut down to the shuttle driver was great. They were all very helpful when we asked about places to go see. But my absolute favorite was the business card they gave you when you take a cab. It had all the numbers and directions in chinese in case you can't speak chinese, all you had to do was hand one of those cards and it should give them basically where to take you. And the close proximity to Times Square was great too.

Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I stayed at Cosmopolitan with a friend in early Feburary for 4 nights. It was a pleasant stay. The location is quite convenient as it's about a 10 min walk from Causeway MRT/Time Square and right next to the racecourse. Be aware though, if you enter Causeway MRT from Time Square entry, it's a further 5-10 min walk on the MRT underground pathway before you get to the actual MRT platform. If you couldn't be bothered to walk, there are free shuttles to and from Time Square/Airport Express at frequent intervals. I found the shuttle to/from Airport Express especially good as I was travelling with quite a bit of luggage. I stayed in a standard room which was facing the cemetry but that was not a problem at all as the windows were covered. The room was ok in terms of size but the bathroom was very small. One thing though, I specifically asked for a non-smoking room but I could smell faint cigarette smoke as soon as I stepped out of the elevator. The smell was also in the room but was bearable. The beds were quite hard but I'm used to hard beds so that was not a problem. I went for buffet breakfast on Level 1 one morning and found it ok. There wasn't many choices but suffice for breakfast. Try the delicious radish cake if you do go but there are many great eateries around Causeway at half/ a third or even less the price of the buffet so if you're not in a hurry in the morning, try the local food. I booked on the Cosmopolitan hotel website and saved 25% for staying 4 nights. I booked 2 months prior to my stay so I saved further. Overall, it was a comfortable stay and if you like shopping, it's a great location too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Very Good and Friendly Service, one of the Service Manager is a Singaporean.
Per night around $140

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
burton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Me and my wife took our children (11 & 12) to HongKong for four days and we enjoyed every minute of it. The Cosmopolitan was a great place to stay in a very good location, the staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. The food was good and our family room was very nice and cleaned every day. As I have already said the staff really make the hotel great you only had to ask and they could not do enough for you at any time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

First I thought your employees were extremely unprofessional. I made a reservation the day before and made an error on the date, so when I checked in the next day on the correct date and after they realized that I made a mistake with the dates, they said too bad you need to pay for both nights. when I asked how many rooms were available the night before?(the night I didn't show up) they said we have enough rooms. so that to me is disgusting. I have stayed at the Cosmo hotel before and now at the cosmopolitain and I will never stay again. I will also notify every website for reviews exactly what happened and make sure you loose as much business as possible.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
CosmopolitanHotelHK, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for only rooms with handicapped design were available at the moment you checked in. To minimize guest’s disappointment, our normal practice does require front desk agents to offer guest the option for room change on the following day, and I understand that this was offered with your kind acceptance. Our air-conditioning system is cleaned thoroughly on a very regular basis and all rooms are equipped with individual thermostat control so that guests can adjust the humidity. To suit diverse guests’ budgets and requirements, hotel offers various room types including views of the race course and city skyline. Kindly let us know your preference when you next book with us. We however sincerely thank you for your valuable comments on the food quality, the language proficiency of our restaurant staff and the malfunctioning of the treadmill. Please rest assured we have reviewed each and every of them and necessary steps have been taken to avoid repeated occurrence. As for your room charges, should you require any clarifications please write directly with details to generalmanager@cosmopolitanhotel.com.hk so that we can investigate for you accordingly. Thank you.

Been to Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong? Share your experiences!