Prior to the trip, I've emailed the reservation team with regards to requests such as airport transfer, early check in (as my flight was 0155 and landed at 0600) and high floors. I must have misunderstood the term "well-noted" that I had thought everything was well arranged for.
Upon reaching the transfer counter at the airport, I was told that the hotel did not make any arrangements for me. I was a little taken aback as I thought everything was arranged for since it was part of the whole booking process and was indicated in the final price at the payment page. I was only told at the reception desk that they did not charge for the transfer and this was never communicated to me before.
And so, early check in was not permitted and I can understand that it is subjected to availability. I thought they may have at least directed us to the restaurant since breakfast was supposed to be included in the package. But all we heard was no, sorry, no early check in. And eventually, there was NO BREAKFAST for my entire stay at all. Nonetheless, we came back around noon and the receptionist (quoting his words) had kindly out of his generosity decided to offer me an early check-in. I am deeply grateful.
Issues with the room:
1. Bath area floods after 3 mins
2. Bath towels were not provided on my last night; after calling, only 1 towel was provided
The only good thing about the hotel; some of the porter boys. Thank god for them at least who ensured that the stay ended on a slightly better note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong is situated amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay on Hong Kong Island giving its guests convenient access to all business, shopping and sightseeing locations. The hotel is a mere 8-min walk from subway station / Times Square and a 10-min drive from Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Cosmopolitan offers 8 types of rooms and suites sizing up to 48 sq. m. The signature Deluxe Course View Room offers a breathtaking view of the horse racing grounds and sport field in front of the hotel. Complimentary shuttle bus service is available to 15 destinations via five routes and all rooms are equipped with 200Mbps ultra high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Other facilities include the He Jiang restaurant that serves Huai-yeung cuisine, the 3T Bar, a gym room and various meeting spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong