“Good choice if u're looking for family room!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong

You added Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.387-397 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
40% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #118 of 696 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Good choice if u're looking for family room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I just returned from HK, I have chosen this hotel b'cos I'm looking for a family room.
Plus point is the free shuttle service every 20 mins interval to causeway bay even thought walking to causeway bay is only 10 mins.
I would like to compliment the hotel conceirge team for their attentiveness towards the hotel guests.

Lastly, please improve the bed as is quite hard and discomfort.

Thank you and we will return again!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TanCecilia

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I did a lot of travelling around asia, this hotel give me the best service even before your arrival/leaving your country. Eg. advice on latest HK weather condition helping me to pack my luggage.

On arrival, the staff are very helpful and courtesy! It begin at the shuttle pick up at the HK station.

At the hotel, again staff are polite and helpful for anything you need.

The hotel provide shuttle to a lot of places, very convenient.

The room are clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. Room was very clean upon check in. Mattress was on the firm side, but I liked this. They will provide a topper if you ask for a more padding if you prefer that.. Also they provide all different types of pillows, which I thought was cool. They were good sized too.
Breakfast was a decent selection: Eastern and Western foods.

I see that most reviews here complained about the lack of free WiFi in the rooms, didn't bother me to have to pay for it. Shuttle service all over the island was great, and it's in decent location, MTR and Times Square in walking distance.

But what put them at the top for me was the service. Every single person that worked there went out of their way for me if I needed something and I really appreciated this. As this was my first time to HK not sure if this is normal there, but as a lot of places nowadays wont' do anything beyond the minimum it was most welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank caflyergirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

i like the rooms and the location.. 10min walk to Causeway Bay MRT and Times Square Mall.. If you are looking for a great view, get the deluxe rooms. We got the standard rooms but the view is on the cemetery but we are mostly out of the hotel, so we did not bother to upgrade to the deluxe room. very spacious and comfy room. love the place..

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Hmmm…There are others who find this location fantastic. Other than the great view I got of the Jockey Club from my room, I found that it was pretty much a long trek (15 min or more brisk walk) to Times Square (nearest landmark to stranger in HKG). Thank goodness for the multiple shuttles available for us guests.

I liked the rooms though. Although designed with dark wood (which I never like), it did not feel oppressive. Must be the size of the room - which fit 2 singles comfortably and space to walk around. The toilet was adequate, though I did feel that the sink area could have been bigger with some space for people to leave their toiletries on.

WiFi should really be free all around the hotel. If not that this hotel came in a travel package, I would likely not have picked it because of this deal-breaker. WiFi only in the lobby is not good enough, hotel management! Also, it just leads to more people hanging out in the lobby making it look congested and sloppy especially when the folks come down in their PJs.

I am not sure I will return. But my room-mate would on account of the room size. Different strokes for different folks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
CosmopolitanHotelHK, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments. It’s great to know that you found our amazing view of the greenery of the racecourse nice! Besides reaching Time Square on foot or by our favorite shuttle bus, we also recommend you to try the local transport Tram towards different areas. We are sure you will enjoy the journey with nice views along the lovely city. Our bathrooms’ renovation is actually in the pipeline now and will surly give you a refreshing experience upon return. Meanwhile, our guests could always contact our Housekeeping department for extra roll-away trolley for toiletries.

Understand the needs of getting online for most of international travelers like you, we provide free wifi access at lobby and all public areas. Regret to know that the lobby area was quite filled during your stay due to high occupancy. What we would like to share with you is that, guests could now enjoy free wifi at rooms as well by simply making reservations at our official website. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
San Pablo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and was thoroughly impressed with the cleanliness and location. The hotel is located at a subway "walk" tunnel and I had a great view of the historic Happy Valley Jockey Club with grass raceway. Easy walk to transit, 7-11 and plenty of taxis. The hotel also has a free shuttle to many destinations around town.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room so you can have a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Floss B
bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed for 3 nights at the begining of October in my honeymoon. It s a very big hotel with biig rooms comparing with other hotels in HK . The hotel stuff was very friendly and helpfull especially the bell boys and the guys who helped us with our luggage. The hotel has a shuttle bus that leaves you on the nearest metro station or in different other locations ( convention centre etc. ) The rooms are clean, tidy with a very big bed. The only drawback at this hotel, in my opinion, is that you have Free Wi-Fi only in the hotel lobby not also in the rooms. But in any case it is a very good hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family