“Best find in the heart of the shopping district” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 9 Boutique Hotel

You added 9 Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
9 Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5B, 5/F, 70 Lee Garden Road, | Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Causeway Bay)   |
Special Price
Room discount code
Ranked #52 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 74 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Best find in the heart of the shopping district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at 9 Boutique Hotel towards the end of March for five nights and what a find this hotel was! Rooms and toilet were clean, front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The daily creative towel designs certainly draw a smile to us after a hectic day out shopping. Location-wise, this hotel is situated at the heart of Causeway Bay; 3mins to MTR and the main shopping district.

Perhaps the only minor opinion I had was that the standard room was too small for two people. I know that rooms are small in Hong Kong, but the standard room is exceptionally small. The deluxe room looks the right size for two. Other than that, no complains at all. Would like to thank Dorothy and her team for their hospitality, and for walking us to take the bus to the airport in the morning. (Remember to send us the photo that we took together!)

Overall a wonderful experience at the hotel and personal touch is what will keep us going back there in future.

Room Tip: I would recommend the deluxe room for two people.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dearest AdrianSuku,

A big heartfelt thanks for your stay at the 9 Boutique Hotel, Hong Kong and taking the time off to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you appreciated our team’s dedicated service and enjoyed your stayed in Hong Kong

For us is very important that our guests feel comfortable and happy during their stay in the hotel.
(I have sent you the pictures by email)

We would truly love the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are in town.

Best and warm regards,
Dorothy and team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at 9 Boutique and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The amazing service started a few days before we were due to arrive when they emailed me some detailed instructions on how to reach the hotel from the airport.

Walking into this hotel I was a little shocked at just how small it was. We were greeted by Greg and check-in was a breeze. This must be the smallest room I have ever stayed at and the thought of spending 8 nights here with two big suitcases and a messy partner scared me. However, Greg soon pointed out the large storage underneath the bed and my fears soon subsided. Still, it required some effort by us to be neat and tidy with all our clothes and shopping bags otherwise there would be no room to move.

However, there are little touches in the room which make 9 Boutique not a hotel .. but a home away from home. I must mention the coffee machine in the room, the excellent air conditioning (not too cold, not too loud and not one of those with a mind of its own) and the staff, in particular, Dorothy. Dorothy is the most lovely host we have ever come across. She went out of her way giving us tips on where to go for wedding dresses and other supplies. We enjoyed our chats every morning and she is just delightful! On our last night, we received a farewell gift congratulating us on our upcoming wedding. We have never been so spoiled by any other host.

We stayed in Room 506 which is one where every other guest would have to walk past. Not once were we bothered or woken up by any noise. The bed and pillows provided were fantastic. I love a good Sealy bed. My least favoured part of the room was the shower/bathroom. It was one of those where the whole bathroom floor and toilet got wet after a shower.

Location wise, I cannot fault it. Walking distance to so many places. We would go shopping and walk back to drop off our bags before continuing on.

We will definitely consider staying at 9 Boutique again next time and do not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else.

Thankyou Dorothy and the team!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear SaSa31

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments.

The 9 Boutique Hotel Project has achieved the space efficiency while setting up the hotel. We are very thankful to all the people who took apart in making this happened.

Our team is always dedicated to provide the maximum benefits and personalized service to our valuable guests. We are glad that you felt home during the stay with us.

We use Sealy mattress (which provide the right balance of proper back support) in our compact hotel to enhance the sleep quality of our guests so they can have full energy to explore the adventures in Hong Kong. The linen is 100% cotton and high in density so it is more smooth in touch.

We understand the toilet is compact. Our housekeeping do their best in keeping the washroom in a nice order, clean and dry everyday. I hope their job did well during your stay.

It was a great pleasure to meet both you and your fiance. And we are happy that the trip was a successful one. And we wish all the best to yours next stage of life!

There are no better motivators than our guests’ comments! Please be sure that we will share your kind comments with the rest of our team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

best and warm regards,
Dorothy and Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been to 9 Boutique countless times and still loving it! Dorothy who is the host is friendly, heart warming! she even specially design the towels into animals looking.

9 Boutique is just 2-5mins walking distance to CWB MTR, Times Square and Sogo
Dor, hospitality is awesome, she often walk me out to grab a taxis even though grabbing a cab from her hotel just take like less than a min.

Like in all HK hotel, and house - all room are small but room facility and cleanliness is incomparable to I have been. WIFI connection is good, cable TV station, comfortable bedding that allow guest to have a good night rest!

One advise to all guests, don't bring big baggage to 9 Boutique or any hotel in HK.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear ScubaRepublic,

Thank you for your multiple visit to our hotel. We thank you so much for the nice review. We truly appreciate your kindness.

I'm pleased that our location, amenities, wifi connection and ambiance meet with your expectations.

In the hospitality industry the service we provide our guests is our most important product. It is nice to know that we are doing our jobs well!

To extent our service, we will be more then happy to store your luggage until your departure.

As always, we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The owner Dorothy made me feel like i was one of the family,Greg on reception could not do enough to help. One of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. All in all 10 out of 10. Will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dearest Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to let people know how happy you are with our service!

Our mission is to " To provide a home away from home", we also feel very warm every time seeing you and your big smile.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and for being such an awesome guest. We're committed to your satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

warmest regards from Hong Kong

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Walkin distance to mtr, time sq or i can say is in the hearts of causeway bay. taxi fare to LKF and Central from this hotel is cheap per trip about 30-40 hkd max. Dorothy manning the reception most of the time on my stay period. Her hospitality is awesome, she is the most friendly, helpful and pretty of cos host i ever meet. Greeting from her every single time i step in and out of my room kinda make u feel really warm lol. Room Kinda small but effort spend on in room facility and cleanliness make up to that only short change if u compare apple to apple. if u gonna stay at causeway bay, this is the place without hurting your wallet. And lastly those towel animals is super cool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dearest Waynelimct,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the 9 Boutique Hotel with other travelers! Our gratitude!

Our prime location in Hong Kong is famous for entertainment, shopping, dining and business. At the same time, very well connected to the rest of Hong Kong.

We enjoy the opportunity to keep our guests, "home away from home", we are glad that you felt warm during your stay!

Our hotel prides itself in offering clean and cozy accommodations, great customer service and excellent value. Thank you for recognizing our efforts in this regard.

You are welcome anytime! Hope to see again soon.

warmest regards,
Dorothy and Team
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Unlike the other reviews here, my experience was not a good one.

9 Boutique Hotel requires a 30% deposit for booking, fully refundable if you cancel up to 48hours before check in date.

There was a change in my accommodation plans one day after I booked the accommodation. So I quickly emailed the hotel to inform them of the cancellation and to request for a refund. However, they took about 2 days to reply me and when I checked my bank account, I was horrified to discover that the hotel has charged me the 30% TWICE on separate days (even after I told them to cancel). They did apologise for this but I did not get a full refund due to changes in bank exchange rate. I emailed them to refund the differential, especially for the second transaction which was of no fault of mine and which they should not have done. However, it has been more than a week and they had not replied me on this (even when I dropped another email to request for status update).

I don't think I will choose this hotel after this experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Springautumn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

We are glad that the bank already refunded the exact amount of HKD to you, as we did refund immediately upon the cancellation.

I believe our mangers - Greg and Hassan - have been in contact with you, regarding the shortfall of the second charging between the currencies among banks and countries. After noticing your comment yesterday, we immediately looked through our emails from you, but your emails from last week never made it to our inbox. We apologize once again and thank you for your courtesy.

If you visit our hotel in the future, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Greg, Dorothy & night attendant, all were great hosts. Excellent location, close to MTR and Times Square, very easy to find, their guide with directions was very helpful. Very comfortable bed (though a bit compact to accommodate 2 persons), awesome coffee machine, good shower with consistent hot water and toiletries (though a bit compact shower area), very clean. It had almost everything which a good hotel might offer, they have utilized the available space very effectively. Every night when we walked into the room after a tiring day, their towel animals and good night message gave an amazing warm welcome feel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
9boutiquehotel, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Khnavneet

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. Your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our team members who are our greatest assets. Greg and Hassan (the night time manager) always go above and beyond to accommodate each guest's requests, every time.

We are pleased that you had a good sleep, and for the most part, enjoyed your stay. The quality bedding and coffee machine are to enhance the experience of our guests.

We emphasize the personal touch in our property to provide value and a unique experience for our valuable guests. Housekeeping plays a big role and all the towels are arranged according to each individual guests by our thoughtful and caring housekeepers - Rela and Cane. Thank you for praising them on your review! This is very encouraging and motivating!

We look forward to your next stay, and we truly value you as our guest!

Warmest regards,
Dorothy

Been to 9 Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!