“Good Choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #229 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights from 08 March 2013 to 12 March 2013 at a reasonable price of about US119 per night. It's a small little boutique hotel with only the basic amenities. The room was large and clean. We can even access wi-fi from our room easily. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Food is really not a problem because you can find cafes and restaurants everywhere. The MTR was just round the corner from the hotel. Travelling was a breeze! Good choice!

Room Tip: Try asking for a room on the higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night and will never come back. First if of all it's not worth the money. Secondly, its dirty and last the staff is not friendly at all.

I was staying in another boutique hotel in the days before but had to move out because they were fully booked for the weekend.
I found this hotel through the internet and it looked nice on the photos. So i gave it a try.

Arriving in the hotel the staff was very unfriendly. The room looked like it only had been tidied and not cleaned, there were hairs and crumbs everywhere. The towels had holes and stains in it. There was no complementary water or even handsoap.
The interiour at the reception is the only place that has a boutique look and even there it looked old and run down.

The elevator takes ages to arrive too.

It was the worst boutique hotel i ever stayed in. They shouldnt call themself a boutique hotel because its far from that.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel room was very small (which I assume is normal in space crunched Hong Kong), but very clean and pretty. The location was right off of Nathan Road, with convenient shopping and eating places very close. The MTR was right around the corner making it convenient to get anywhere else in the city. We walked around and did lots of shopping. The staff were very polite, although the extent of English they were able to speak varied from person to person. We had a very quick check-in. I had an issue getting wifi in my room initially, and they came upstairs right away to test it out. They also brought extra toilet paper and an iron and ironing board promptly when requested. I had a high floor (13 or 15, i don;t remember), so sounds at night were not an issue. Nathan Road is very busy, so I can see where this would be an issue on lower floors. We booked a tour through the hotel and everything went very smoothly. Overall, had a great experience here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Macau
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed there for a night. Checkin process seems fast however didnt like to talk much about their property. Thats expected for a budget hotel. Theyre service seems depends on their room rates. I understand those things thats why i didnt expect more. The only thing that dissapoint me a little is though they are a budget hotel, they should provide a good room. No need to be fancy but atleast presentable one. Dirty room, dust everywhere, lots of small leaves on the room carpet, trash bins might be years there coz stains everywhere, hair's on sink and shower area, busted light near the toilet. But if your just going to stay there just for one night and only for sleeping, just ignored all my comments. Besides, where just paying small amount so no need to bother much. And though the hotel itself have some problems in their rooms, the service they rendered is acceptable. Housekeeping staff didnt speak english but very frindly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The rooms were small. The reception staff gave the impression they had better things to do and at the best of times ignored my English when I spoke clear and concise. The bathroom was decent so I was thankful for a hot hot shower from a full day of sight seeing. The beds were rock hard and the pillows were less than half an inch thick. Wifi was ok.
Being right on Nathan road was the reason why I chose to stay here. We walked to the harbor and temple street markets as well as traditional food stalls. It's busy 24/7 on this road but luckily we got a good night sleep. We didn't pay very much for the week so you get what you pay for, there is plenty of choice, but i was watching my pennies that trip so I chose this lodging. I would stay again if I was on a budget but be opened minded if you do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Good room attendant. He/she took initiative to tidy our very messy rooms. directly located at the busy nathan road, and the fortune telling temple street behind with the very nice hao jian and claypot rice (gotta queue for it on weekends)

Yes, luggage has a deposit of HKD 10, i believe this is due to space constraint at the hotel, but its reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Had read review about this hotel that charge 10HKD per baggage deposit but we still go for it since there are family room for us.

However, it will be the first and the last time to stay in such hotel. We have been staying for 7 nights and the last day of check out, we have requested if we can check out late. The receptionist indicated that there will be a late charge of 100 HKD per hour. OMG, they should have informed us earlier when we had email our enquiry to them before we booked their hotel. No choice, we paid them 200 HKD as my bf came down first to check out. I came down late while trying to looking for thing in rm. Suddenly, the male receptionist ask us to pay another 100 HKD as our check out time is 4pm not 3.30pm. As such we are unhappy as we had pay all and ready to take our deposit money back, we are reluctant to pay additional 100 HKD to THEM. Request to speak to manager but off duty, a female snr receptionist explained our check out time is 3.50pm. Too many confusion, they insist us to pay.

People at the reception are just too focus in ASKING & collecting MONEY. They are not customer services-oriented at all. BAD services and attitude..........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kings De Nathan Hotel? Share your experiences!