“Hong Kong Back Country,the Hong Kong Most Never See” 5 of 5 stars

Visit like an insider
$17*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering hike and boat tours through Hong Kong's countryside, with a focus on the Hong Kong Global Geopark of China. Visit old Hakka villages, marvel at the views from the highest peaks, enjoy the roar of a waterfall, swim at a beautiful beach, and learn about Hong Kong's unique geology. Winter schedule (Dec-Apr): Every Wed, Sun 9:00-13:00: boat tour of Sai Kung islands and the geopark. Every Fri (Dec-Feb) 9:00-13:00: red autumn leaves and waterfalls. Every Sat: full day combined hike/boat tour, varying itinerary. See web site for details and booking. Private tours available on request.
Ban Bang Sare, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Hong Kong Back Country,the Hong Kong Most Never See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have had the wonderful opportunity to go hiking with Wouter many times between Oct 2011 and Dec 2012.I don't think anyone has the combination of local,historical,and geological knowledge of the trails that he has.Whether it be a trail in the city or a 10 hour trek on Lantau Island or the Geologic Park near Sai Kung,Wouter knows the easiest way to get there,the time needed,and what form of transport to use.Friendly and engaging,Wouter is never short on stories or bits of information about where you are or the historical things you are seeing.I highly recommend his services.Geocaching is what brought us together in the first place and because of all our hikes,I consider him a good friend.So,if your just looking for some caches,he knows where they are.If you want to do some serious back country hiking,he can get you there.If you want to do both,it's your lucky day!I just wish I could get back to Hong Kong so Wouter could take me to another place I've never been!!I'll let the posted photos say the rest...

Visited September 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Off the beaten track with Wouter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been to Hong Kong a couple of times but decided I wanted to see more than the harbour, the Peak and the shopping malls.
Being keen on hiking I got in touch with Wouter and he would show me the lesser known side of Hong Kong. It proved to be a very enjoyable hike from Shing Mun Reservoir to Tai Po with great views over the city, bamboo forests and a few monkies on the way as well. Highlight was the short but steep descend toward a waterfall. Sitting on the rocks next to the waterfall we enjoyed a well deserved lunch.
Wouter knows a lot about Hong Kong and he has quite some interesting stories to tell. All in all a highly recommended tour guide for people that would like to experience Hong Kong in a different way.

Visited May 2013
Almere-Haven, Flevoland, Netherlands
14 attraction reviews
“Hiking with Wouter: Very cool way to see MORE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I took my friend Cath with me on my flight to Hong Kong (I work as a flight attendant) and wanted her to see more than just the 'usual'.

Much to my surprise, online I found one of my countrymen, a fellow Dutchie, offering countryside hikes. So we got in touch with Wouter and he was happy to take us to a few of the islands for some awesome hiking.

And when you're on a time-limit, that is where it's really nice to be guided by someone like Wouter: He knows the way, time tables for boats, how long and hard certain trails are, the best places to get food/drinks along the way and of course: the hidden spots you'd walk straight past if going alone.

All in all, we were very happy to have booked Wouter to show us around. He's a very friendly guy who knows so much about Hong Kong: culture and nature wise!

As a bonus, Wouter, (like us) is a very experienced geocacher as well (global GPS treasure hunt). Thanks to him we could log a few very cool island finds.

Visited August 2012