“What a meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Awakening

The Awakening
G/F, 1-6 Ying Wah Terrace, Center Street, Sai Ying Pun, Western District, Hong Kong, China (Sai Wan)
852-28580005
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,104 of 4,807 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Sai Wan
Description: Healthy lifestyle cuisine in Hong Kong. We pride ourselves on serving fresh, clean food. Be awakened!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I live in the mainland, so whenever I eat western food here I think something is not quite right, I can't usually put my finger on it. This was not the case at Awakening Cafe. When I walked in I basically started drooling over the food I saw on the other tables. The Wings! Burgers! I don't know what gave the food here that bit of an edge, but it was exactly what I was hankering, a perfect place for a great dinner, a date or a hangover cure.

When I went the place had just opened and the escalator outside was still under construction, I'm glad I made it to HK when I did.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“American food in Hong Kong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited my brother who is currently living in HK over New Years 2013, and were happy that the Awakening Cafe was only a couple blocks from his apartment. I loved trying all the different foods in HK but my stomach wasn't happy about eating noodles for breakfast every morning! So we went to Awakening cafe a few times during our trip, but only ever went at breakfast. The portions were smaller than what we are used to at home, but meals were tasty and traditional... eggs, home fries, toast, bacon/sausage, coffee and orange juice. Would definitely recommend for American tourists and expats who are craving a traditional western breakfast!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere