“Brilliant day out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 179 Activities in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography tours in Hong Kong. In both the natural landscapes, of old indigenous villages, in the New Territories or the backstreet markets of Kowloon, which guarantee a great photographic day. Jackie comes from Christchurch, New Zealand, where she ran a busy wedding and portrait studio for over 12 years. Now based in Sai Kung, New Territories, Hong Kong, her projects have broadened to include travel, local magazine articles, Orangutans in Southern Borneo to still life in her backyard.
newcastle uk
15 attraction reviews
“Brilliant day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was a little apprehensive for this trip, you know, have a new camera, don't know much about it! well I need'nt have worried. Was totally put at ease from the start by Jackie. We four on the tour) headed for a colourful old fishing village Lei Yue Mun, and virtually straight away I learnt something new. Jackie's friendly unassuming manner, combined with professional technical knowledge and encouragement made this tour so fun and informative. Learning along the way both about taking photographs and the local history of the area the time just flew by.
Jackie seems to have the knack of picking up from you what type of photo you want to take, then giving you the technical know how and gently guiding you in the right direction.
All told a brilliant day, and I can highly recommend one of Jackie's photo tours.

Visited November 2012

Shanghai, China
“Perfect Way to Get to Know HK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have now spent a few days over a few visits on both group and individual photography walks and have been very happy each time. I have seen sides of both HK city and some of the outlying islands that I might never have found otherwise. Jackie is a kind and helpful host and has something to offer both new and experienced photographers. Fun and highly recommended

Visited June 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Wonderful day at Chek Keng. An eye opener to the islands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It is very seldom that you are lucky enough to link up with someone who has a passion for their craft, and a passion for the land in which they find themselves that comes out so strongly in their work. Spending a day with a camera, in a small group with Jackie, was an absolute gift.
As I teacher, I acknowledge how hard it is to accommodate the needs of different students with different skills, and to be able to extend all of them at their own pace without pushing them, and yet still be able to keep them in your corner . Our group of six was very diverse;- everyone's goals just a little different, just like our equipment, our skills and energy. Jackie had the unique ability to encourage us all differently. To spend time with each of us, and to give us the leisure to learn in our own way...
Each of us finished the day knowing much more than we began with; -not just about the stories the people, the history and all its quirks,... but how we could show that in our pictures . We could see things very differently from when we began …
Thank you for a brilliant day."

Visited July 2011
United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Hidden Hong Kong Photography Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Highly informative and enjoyable day with Jackie Peers in the New Territories. Jackie's shares her knowledge patiently and inspires you to make the most of your camera. She also knows Hong Kong like the back of her hand and does hiking trips too.

Visited June 2012
Ireland
“Kowloon Markets with Jackie Peers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I spent two days in Hong Kong on my way back from a work trip, and I certainly do not regret to have opted for a photo tour wit Jackie Peers. I got to see places where I would have never ventured in such a short stay on my own. Jackie knows Kowloon and surrounding areas like her back pocket and tells a bit of the history of HK while doing the tour. She also takes the time to know you and what you are looking for in photography.

On the practical side, the meeting point was very easy to find and our group was left in a metro station, so it was very handy to find our way back. I left content with a better understanding of my camera, and a few very useful tips for taking candid shots.

I strongly recommend this tour for any photo enthusiasts who want to capture some genuine Hong Kong lifestyle shots.

Visited May 2012