“Very sociable and busy!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Yesinn Causeway Bay to your Saves list
Yesinn Causeway Bay
2F Nan Yip Building, 472 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong 852, China (Causeway Bay)   |
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very sociable and busy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hostel is in a great location making it easy to get the subway. very sociable with a roof garden and communal room. Does get extremely busy especially in the main reception with people checking in and out. I think it's quite a big hostel and for this reason it can get hectic. Because of the constant flow of people some times staff can be snappy, probably bc they're over worked!! The dorm was cleaned every day but I didn't like the cleaner coming into the dorm to use the toilet! Overall was OK for me but I did find the personal touch was lost because just so many guests!

Room Tip: Solo travellers stay in mixed dorms as its much better for meeting new people.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Huge Pros:
Massage chair, asthetically pleasing rooms, bathrooms, cleanliness, and location of hostel to metro/city

Pros: Kitchen, Pub Crawl, Travelers living in the hostel for a few days, rooftop bar, terrace, cleaning shampoos in shower area

Cons: Staff can be rather rude. Male Canadian staff member sitting behind desk refused to help me because he was "off shift"...pathetic, also...people who "live" in the hostel who constantly switch rooms

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The stars are as our room was comfortable and in a good location.
My partner and I just checked out of this hostel and all we got was our key deposit back. Nothing else. No thank you, hope you enjoyed your stay or safe travels! This wouldn't be so bad but during our stay we have found the overall service here extremely poor and unwelcoming. Firstly they gave our doom beds to somebody else. Due to their mistake here, they put us in their long term lets. Only the guy on reception did not know where this was and it took two hours to find, walking x3 times back to the main hostel to check directions again. By the time we got into our room it was gone 5am. When we went into office in the morning, we spoke to the receptionist about the hunt for our room, her reply was that we did actually sleep!!! We then asked if there was a map of the city and the response to this was to take a photo of the one on the wall. Our room was a few blokes from the hostel but there was no welcome pack or information about Hong Kong available. The shower was useless, scolding hot or freezing cold, the tv didn't work and the air con blows onto top bunk. I know I'm just being picky now but for a hostel: we were out on our own! We could have picked up the phone to ask about the water problems but if the receptionists didn't know where the room was, how are they going to know that you have to turn blue tap on and twist the button round for the hot water!! Anyway, the manager did give 10 per cent back and rectified the problem for future guests but I'm still disheartened by the service. Heading to China now, with no help from our hostel staff and having not stayed with other people (which was why we chose dooms!!!) not much the wiser!! Good job for lonely planet and Internet!

• Stayed August 2013
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for about a week and am very happy I picked this hostel to stay at. The location was perfect. Right close to the MTR station, and close to lots of restaurants and shopping areas. The hostel was very clean and the free wifi was awesome.
I slept in the all girls dorm, on the bottom bunk. There's only one bathroom for 9 people, which can be a bit crazy in the morning. There's curtains around each bunk so you can have a bit of privacy.
They have a rooftop bar, and host parties up there often - which is great for meeting people. They also have pub crawls, which I went on my first night, and is how I met my friends for the week.

The staff I have mixed feelings about. Some were very nice and helpful, while a few, mainly one was rude and unpleasant. There also wasn't enough space to sit in the main common area usually.

It's really convenient that the bus stop right outside the hostel takes you to Repulse Bay and Stanley Marktet. It comes about every 5 minutes. The beach was awesome and not crowded at all. I really suggest going there!

This has been one of my favourite hostels I've stayed at. Would definitely stay here again!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

a friend recommended this hostel as a cool place to stay, meet people and hang out and I wasn't disappointed. Stayed in a dorm room which was clean but small. Hostel is in a great location, very central and easy to get anywhere by walking/tram or MRT.
the hostel has a rooftop area which is cool for hanging out, drinking and meeting people.

A group of us went on the HK pub crawl which goes from the hostel which was great fun.(I normally hate pub crawls and enforced drinking but this one was just chilled and fun). met lots of new people and went to some cool bars we wouldn't have otherwise found (and saved some money on drinks...) The nightlife is the best thing about HK so highly recommended especially if you are alone or just wanting to have a good night out!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location, very nice accomodations, clean, well priced, super awesome rooftop terrace great for meeting others in the building and having an evening drink. And for those interested in the nightlife, they offer a great pub crawl wed,fri and sunday. Offering discounted drinks for yesinn hostellers participating in the crawl.

• Stayed August 2013
Ansan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My friend and I came to Hong Kong from Korea for a week and stayed in one of the rooms with eight other girls - we had a great experience. Everyone who works at the hostel is very helpful and friendly. They have everything you need to make staying there convenient - international plugs by the bed, comfortable mattress, free internet on each floor. There was a bathroom in our room so you're not sharing one big public restroom. Its location is also great, right across from Causeway Bay MTR station. Also, there were lots of travelers from all over and tons of hot guys staying there if you're interested in that sort of thing...lol. Hope you stay here and enjoy like we did!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Yesinn Causeway Bay? Share your experiences!