“This hotel ROCKS with HONESTY and EFFICIENCY!” 5 of 5 stars

Shamrock Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.223 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Jordan)   |
Ranked #109 of 613 hotels in Hong Kong
davao
“This hotel ROCKS with HONESTY and EFFICIENCY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This Shamrock Hotel rocks! For us, this is really a FIVE (5) STAR HOTEL for HONESTY and for DOING AN EXTRA-MILE! The hotel staff are so friendly and accommodating. The location is best if you want to go around Hongkong via LRT. One of the best thing about this Hotel is the integrity, honesty and efficiency of their staff.

We stayed at Shamrock Hotel last June 2010. We were so amazed of the way they treated their hotel guests like royalty. We arrived at the hotel lobby at an early morning. We were booked in a two-bed room via on line. However, much to our surprise, when the hotel's frontliine staff realized that my wife and I brought along with us our three (3) little kids, they suddenly offered us a much bigger room. We were placed in a room with one queen size bed and a regular bed, plus the fact that the room had a squeeky clean bath tub. They did an extra-mile by offering to us a bigger room for a lesser cost, the same cost to the regular room which originally booked. The staff explained that they have to do it because they understand that we have 3 little kids.

Aside from the fact that the hotel is just located within a walking distance of a shopping district and food shops, we will always cherish the level of honesty and efficiency of their staff. When we went to Hongkong, our three (3) kids brought with them their combined savings of around $125 dollars, more or less, which they saved for months. Our kids wanted to buy a common "toy" as a remembrance from Hongkong. When we checked out from the hotel, our eldest son realized that he had lost his wallet. His little brothers were quite sad because they also lost their "savings" which were placed in said wallet. We were so concerned about it, not just because of the money, but it was all about the serious efforts of our kids to save the amount for our Hongkong trip.

When we called Shamrock Hotel about our son's missing "wallet" and our kids' "lost" savings in it, the hotel staff promised us that they will look for it. Of course, we never thought that we could still find the money, we just called the hotel to assure our kids that as parents, we really cared about their missing "money."

When we arrived in the Philippines, we went back to our normal lives. But, weeks after, we received a surprise call from the management of Shamrock Hotel informing us that their room attendant found the "miissing wallet" of our son. When we asked how much money was found inside the wallet? They answered that it was around $125.00 and we heard this, were so excited to know that we could retrieve that missing "savings" of our kids. This is another proof that Shamrock Hotel offers an EXTRA MILE. With the good news, my wife and I, together with our three little kids hugged and kissed each other. We all jumped and shouted for joy and we were so happy for our kids!

At around October 2010, we learned that a friend of ours, Ernie, will visit Hongkong for a vacation. We requested him to try visiting Shamrock Hotel if he can still recover the wallet of our son. Indeed, he was able to retrieve the precious "wallet" from said hotel, with the same amount intact. When he went back to Davao City and handed to us the "missing wallet" with the money in it, we could just thank the High Heavens for the honesty and good efforts of the room attendant and staff of Shamrock Hotel.

It was an unforgettable experience of the kindness and generosity of Shamrock Hotel. I really wanted to share this story for years. I know that a lot of friends are interested to visit Hongkong. We highly recommend that they should stay at SHAMROCK HOTEL and taste the best of Hongkong's hospitality, honesty and efficiency. This is the kind of hotel which every one deserves to stay, where could enjoy the comfort and amenities of a clean and sleek hotel, while knowing that all their stuffs and baggages are safe in the hands of the hotel staff. That kind of feeling that you want go around the city, while feeling assured that everything is really safe inside your hotel room. How we wish we could visit Hongkong again and Shenzen as well... For sure, we will stay again at a very fine hotel that ROCKS - Shamrock!

Jun L @ lopozlaw@mailcity.com

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Shamrock hotel was just as the title describes! Rooms may be small but have all facilities, very friendly staff, a good breakfast buffet- with many choices for veggies as well! Rooms are very clean, and the bathroom is small but clean too! :) The best thing about this hotel is the location advantage, for the MTR is a stone's throw away, and all shops, Mcdonalds, cafes and bakeries located on the same road, a five minutes walk. Stayed there from 17th to the 24th of April 2012, no problems with check in,and had a very pleasant stay! A very well managed hotel, very easy to find, and excellent service. I strongly recommend this hotel to all tourists! A great value for money! :)

Room Tip: A room on the higher floor is more convenient.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

After our trip from Disneyland last Oct. 31 we went straight to Shamrock hotel. Eventhough we were early for the check-in time the front desk staff assist us with our booking and luggages so we were available to have an early start in our sightseeing tour. The hotel location is just along Nathan Road and just a few steps from the Jordan MTR, bus stop, convenient stores, fast food restaurants and shopping malls. Although our room was quite small for three the room is clean and the staff is helpful especially the bellboy. Bathroom a bit small but clean. Good location but not impressive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 8 to 13 Apr 2012. The biggest advantage for a tourist is the location. Rooms are average in size, in fact small. We were bumped up to a superior room but that too was at best average. It did not matter too much for us though as we spent a lot of the day out of the hotel. Make sure to agree with the hotel on what is included in the booking in case you book via the Internet. We were surprised to be charged additional for our child's breakfast though while booking there was no information to this effect. Of course the hotel did offer a discount on this later. Staff are pleasant and helpful in general.

Metro Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last Dec 2011. We stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days... The reason why it took me this long to write a review was I didn't want to write a review while I am still very furious. I want my review to be very objective so I waited until I am no longer emotional about it. Prior to our stay in Shamrock, I sent a couple of e-mails to shamrock and was pleased with the urgency of their reply. I specified my preferences and they acknowledged them. A week before our trip, a colleague of mine stayed in shamrock and told me that although the rooms were smaller for his liking, the place was acceptable. I have no issue with the size of the room, the place we stayed prior to that trip was small but I didn't have any issue with facilities.

When the day of the trip came, I was shocked at the room given to us. First, the reception didn't even asked if we wanted a double bed or 2 single beds. The room was really crappy...far from what you see in the pictures they've posted in their website. the linen was itchy (we had the green printed linen instead of the white one)... We were also given 2 single beds (there is 3 of us) so we had to sleep separately at night (bummer!)...I was under the impression we were given the last room available ... which was the crappiest!!!

I called to ask for a change in the room but my request my received by the reception lady with hostility...This was so disappointing...'made me rethink to transfer to another hotel but since we travelled with our 4 yr old daughter...we decided to just stay and spend as little time in the hotel as possible... It would have been fine had the staff of the hotel been friendly and accommodating - I did not expect her to immediately transfer us but comforting words would have been great. The girl who answered the telephone when I called reception was far from being nice... A little empathy would have made a difference. I am just too furious to even ask for her name... I hope they do something about this next time ... this one instance would create lasting impressions... the girl might be busy (Dec is a busy month and judging from the guests checking in when we arrived, they sure are busy)... but that is still not a good excuse to answer client calls annoyingly...

In all fairness to the manager, he sent notes asking for a return call... however I am afraid I might say things I will regret if I call them back.... I sent them an e-mail and I guess that is enough... It's too late to transfer to a new room when we are on our last day of stay (don't you think so?)

Anyways, the best thing about this hotel is the location... I guess that was one thing i really liked. Apart from it, I can't think of anything. This hotel is best for those who hate long walks since this hotel is very near MTR.

I'll post pictures later ...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nanning, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at the Shamrock Hotel. The location and staff are the best qualities to this hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the location is truly in the heart of the Hong Kong action and super easy access to public transportation that can hardly be beat! The rooms are as others have stated.....simple but certainly not luxury! If you do not plan on spending much time in your room but just need the basics it is fine.......if you enjoy some finer accomodations you will not be thrilled with this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Nathan Road if available.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Located on Nathan Rd. next to Jordan Metro stop. This well appointed and reasonably priced hotel puts you at the center of the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong street life. Convenient by foot or metro to most attractions. Helpful staff, comfortable rooms and good breakfast buffet. Nearby Kowloon Park is a nice sanctuary from the chaos of the local scene.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shamrock Hotel? Share your experiences!