“Great Stay at Ozo Wesley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of OZO Wesley Hong Kong

You added OZO Wesley Hong Kong to your Saves list
OZO Wesley Hong Kong
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.22 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Best Deal: SAVE 20% Now
Ranked #63 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Stay at Ozo Wesley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed in July 2014. Booked directly via Ozo's website. Overall I had a great stay. Here are a few points for your considerations:

1. Good location between Admirality and Wanchai subway stations. There is a linkage from Admirality to Pacific Place 3 building and Ozo Wesley is just steps away.
To get here: I took the Airport Express train, got off at Hong Kong station. At Hong Kong Station, there is a free shuttle bus for Airport Express passengers that goes to hotels around the station. Ask the staffs for bus you can take. Ozo Wesley is not on the list of hotels, but the staffs can advise you the nearest hotel to get off and walk a couple blocks.
2. Staffs are very friendly and knowledgeable about how to get to places. I was told that I could take bus number 15 straight to the Peak. Which turned out to be great way to see another side of HK as I have tried the normal tourists way of the fernaculer tram.
3. I took an red eye flight that reached HK in the very early morning. When I arrived, I tried asking for an early checking. To my pleasant surprise, we were granted an early check-in at 10:00am.
4. Breakfast was great. Simple yet good quality food. Mix of western and chinese food, fruits, juices, cold cut, etc. Great way to start your day!
5. Room size is not big but design was well thought out in terms of all functions. However, there is no door at shower, hence after shower, the floor at bathroom is wet due to water splashing out from shower.
6. View: I stayed on 20th floor, my view is of the office building 10 meter away, apartment buildings and a portion of hill at the back.

Overall great stay. I would come back if I visit HK again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna W, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear WK S,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about OZO Wesley Hong Kong with the Tripadvisor community.

It is very encouraging for our team member to receive direct positive feedback from our guest. And we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for choosing OZO Wesley Hong Kong and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at the Ozo from June 6-9, 2014 in a room with two twin beds on a lower level floor for a little over HKD 1000 and had a very positive experience. Here's what made it positive:

1) Excellent location - easily accessible by BOTH tram and MTR: We took the Airport Express to Wan Chai, then the MTR to Wan Chai Station. Exit B1 and B2 are in my opinion the most convenient, and walk down Hennessy Road in the direction of Southorn Playground, past Anton Street and the Ozo will be on the southwest side of the intersection. But you can also take the tram f(towards Kennedy Town), which runs down Johnston Road which meets Hennessy Road - I'd recommend getting off at the stop between Gresson and Li Chit Streets and finding a way to cross over to the south side of Hennessy Road. Being in such a central location, taxis know how to get to property easily and there is access to great food as well.

2) Excellent service - I speak Cantonese (喺香港講廣東話係天公地道...) and found the service to quick polite, friendly and efficient. My roommate from Canada only speaks English and found the exact same thing to be true as a visible minority English speaker.

3) Well kept facilities - I understand Ozo took over this hotel from a previous owner and significant renovations were made to upgrade the property. The lobby is modern minimialist in style and includes a number of computer workstations, breakfast bar. Not only is the lobby both functional and pretty, it smells good too (while this sounds like a strange comment, you'll know what I mean when you enter the lobby.) The point on smell to me means attention to detail.

4) Small, but clean, modern and functional rooms - Rooms are very white - from the walls to the bedding and the drapes. Everything is standard Hong Kong size (very small) but the two of us with one piece of large luggage each were able to navigate our room quite well. Free internet included was with our room rate , and it performed well at all times. Very comfortable beds - not too hard, not too soft. A rarity from my experience at this price point.

Note: Things I can't comment on are the gym facilities or the grab and go breakfast - but at this price point it's nice to know that the option for a workout and a quick bite are there. But come on, this is Hong Kong, it would be terrible if you only ate the food in your hotel.

The Ozo is a great budget option (<US$150) with an excellent accessible location, professional service that doesn't make you feel like you chose a budget hotel. Highly recommended if you want to be centrally situated on Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jason416,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your recent stay with us at OZO Wesley Hong Kong.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are pleased to hear that our team members had taken the initiative to ensure that our guests feel welcomed and well cared for throughout their stay. Your kind words are very much appreciated as it continues to encourage us to provide a warm caring attitude and attention to our every guest’s needs.

I have conveyed your message to the concerned departments and they will be given due recognition for a job well done.

Thank you once again and we also look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Yours Sincerely,

Executive Assistance Manager
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Location is great, in between Admirality and Wan Chai subway stations. Lots of restaurants, bars and convenience stores within minutes walking.
Rooms are not big, but for Hong Kong the size is not too bad either. The rooms are very clean, fairly modern, bright and efficiently furbished. The bed is very good, not too soft, not too hard and nice duvets.
The disadvantages we encountered during our stay:
- noisy airconditioning
- the deposit which is blocked on your credit card is relatively high. It's 500HKD per day, so for longer stays it adds up to an unreasonnable amount. It's not exactly a resort hotel where you spend the whole day eating in their restaurants.
- being a 24 hour operating hotel, it's a pitty there are no facilities to shower after you check out (no shower in the gym!), while many flights leave Hong Kong in the evening (and for me a shower is not worth an extra night's charge).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna W, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear MarkyMAmsterdam,

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to your recent stay at OZO Wesley Hong Kong.

I am glad to know that you did enjoy the newly renovated design & comfortable bedding, as well as the location of our property. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that marred during your stay with us.

Your comments are extremely valuable to us and please rest assured that we have addressed this immediately with the appropriate departments. I do hope we could have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you once again and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I could offer further assistance via donna.wong@ozohotels.com

Tragumna, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Now stayed here several times as it is close to the office. Very good value for money (for Hong Kong) good location. Good breakfast, but no bar, however Wan chi is 2 minutes walk away so not really a big issue.

Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable but also very small, I got a "double upgrade" this time, but I can still almost touch either wall in the room ( slight exaggeration but about 8' wide.

Best reasonable priced hotel in Wan chi area by a significant margin

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Donna W, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear dodboss,

Thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback in regards your recent stay with the Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you have truly enjoyed the newly renovated guest room, the location of the property and breakfast in ZAAN.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you very soon.

Guangzhou, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The only good thing with this hotel is the location!
* I did my booking through booking.com .
I booked by mistake a twin bed room (I was with my wife) , at the hotel shen I asked to give me a king room they said they are fully booked and if I want they have the suite for additional money.
I asked to see the manager , who said that for additional of 165hkd( they cannot upgrade me free because the terms of the booking) he will upgrade me by to a up by 2 levels. We gotta small room with regular double bed..
Also they dont provide toothbrush (you need to call and ask them to bring you
Any way to this hotel I am ot coming back and I recommend people to find other hotels around
Its definitely not worth the money forr tjis hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ran D,

Thank you for recent visit and your detailed feedback about your stay.

We appreciate all your comments and are disappointed that you left with a less than satisfactory impression.

Allow me to provide you with some feedback regarding your comments:

1. Due to king bed rooms all sold out basis on your booking category (SLEEP Room) on that particular night, the only available was Dreamspace Room which were 2 categories up with additional supplement charges and equipped with king size bed. And we only offer King or Twin bed in OZO Wesley.

2. We have taken a conscious decision to reduce one or two amenities for environmental reasons. One of these items would be the throwaway toothbrush that you mentioned. I should point out that such items are certainly available upon request at the Spot (Reception).

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcoming you back in the future.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a new hotel very convenient located close to public transportation. The room is quite small but well designed. The bathroom is nice however water is liking from shower making everything wet and it does not drain out.
Breakfast is really good with lots of variety.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Donna W, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you very much for your positive review in regards for your recent stay at OZO Wesley Hong Kong.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the newly renovated room, location of the property, and most of all the good quality breakfast.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back very soon.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is just what you want when you are in Hong Kong. The rooms are clean, good bathroom, great bed and silent. The location is very convenient to go out at night at Stanleyroad or walk to the metro and even the star ferry is in walking distance. Just behind the hotel there is a small street with a couple of really nice restaurants. Just that hotel that makes feel satisfied!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Goetzed,

Thank you very much for giving us excellent review on TripAdvisor.com in regards to your recent stay with us.

We are happy to know that you have truly enjoyed the new renovated guest room and the location of our hotel.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you again in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to OZO Wesley Hong Kong? Share your experiences!