“Overall was good ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Malaysia
“Overall was good ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one weeks with my friend during my company study trip. My room was upgraded from superior to renovated deluxe room, the room is clean, quiet and free wifi in the room . Appreciate hotel for the upgrade.

Hotel little far from the Mrt, around 10 mins from wongkok(D Exit) or 油麻地(d exit),but hotel did provide shuttle bus service every 15mins from hotel to wongkok station and tsim sa zui and return from Tsim sa zui as well . It's quite convenience for the hotel guest.

Front desk staff service can do better, didn't engage much with the hotel guest.

The negative part for me is the wifi signal wasn't good, always disconnect in the room.

And one more thing i have required invoice for room charge when i check out for reimburse.I have informed reservation department and front office before hand,however they did not meet my requirements and delay another 10mins for me just waiting the bill when i m checking out.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
mtphk, General Manager at Metropark Hotel Kowloon, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Steven L

Please accept our sincere apologies for the deficiency during your stay. We believe that quality services shall not only rely on the effort of hotel itself, but also the "voices of our customers" like yours. And certainly, your comments are of great value to our improvement.

We have reviewed the shortcomings and will enhance the related training program for our staff to eliminate such deficiencies from happening again. And, we will monitor the Internet traffic closely. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to greeting you in Metropark Hotel Kowloon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
pensby uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 8 days and we couldn't be happier with the service we received. The staff were polite, helpful and kind. The food in the palm court for breakfast was delicious and a good variety was available. The free bus was always helpful when getting to the main shopping areas and a pleasant ride, will definately stay again x

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Metropark_Hotel_KLN, General Manager at Metropark Hotel Kowloon, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear peter651

Thank you for staying with us and your compliment is very much appreciated. It is indeed a great encouragement to us. We will maintain our professional service to ensure every of our guest stays a pleasurable one.

We heartily thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to being of service to you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I loved staying here, the hotel transfer from the hotel was really great and free buses were extremely helpful. We had our room upgraded for free and the room was lovely, the restaurant was also really good value and the rooftop pool was amazing!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Nathan T

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the stay with us. It is indeed a great encouragement to our collective efforts, and, our ultimate goal is to ensure our guests' pleasurable stay. We will do our best to ensure our guest's day a pleasure one.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Plymouth, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We had previously stayed in a hotel right on the harbour, so found this one to be a long way from anywhere. The hotel shuttle bus was useful, and the staff were helpful, but we found it a chore to have to use public transport or the shuttle bus every time we wanted to go somewhere. We upgraded to a "club" room which was a waste of money, we should have spent a bit more on the original booking! Although our floor was non smoking, there was a smell of stale smoke coming through the air vent in the bathroom.there were only 3 lifts working and this wasn't adequate when the hotel was full. We wouldn't go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Metropark_Hotel_KLN, General Manager at Metropark Hotel Kowloon, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Janine D

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the smell of smoke in the room. It was probably caused by other guests staying at your floor. Our housekeeping staff will look into the matter and monitor closely to ensure a fresh environment.

In order to upgrade the service performance of guest elevators, we will replace them by those with eco-friendly system. Therefore, there will be one unit of elevators temporarily suspended at each time and it caused the delay of elevator services. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, we thank you for your comments. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

In short, I found the accommodations and service at this hotel to be nothing short of superb. I am very picky and spent 4 weeks researching Hong Kong hotels that were within my budget ($100-$140 US/night) and that met my criteria. I have a disability so needed a hotel with reliable elevator access to the rooms few stairs to the common areas (i.e. lobby, restaurant, bar, etc.), and was in a location walking distance to restaurants, with concierge service and restaurant, and easily accessible to public transportation. Metropark Kowloon was one of the few hotels that met all of my criteria so I booked my 9 night stay at this hotel from February 1-10, 2014.

Pre-Arrival
Within one day of making my reservation online, I received an email from the Metropark Hotel confirming my reservation and asking that I contact them should I need further assistance. I wrote the hotel to express concern regarding several Tripadvisor reviews I had read that indicated guest frustration with slow elevator service due to 2 of the elevators being out of service for maintenance. I also requested to be on an upper floor to have a quiet room away from the street noise. Several days prior to my departure, I received a nice note from the hotel’s Guest Services Manager, Keith Wu, indicating that all the elevators would be fully operational during my stay and that the maintenance of elevators was being postponed several months. Keith also indicated that I would be staying on an upper floor (Room 1023 on 10th floor as it turned out) in one of their recently renovated rooms.

Arrival
I arrived at the Metropark Kowloon at 12:30am and found the check in process to be fast and efficient. The front desk staff was polite and very helpful as was the bellman who assisted me with bringing luggage to my room.

Room 1023
I was very pleased with my room. It was on the 10th floor away from traffic, facing Waterloo Rd. The room was very quiet. Bed was comfortable. Room had a safe as well as a small refrigerator stocked with drinks and some small snacks. Two bottles of water are provided each day for free. I put them in the fridge so I had cold water available all the time. The room was beautiful and decent size compared to many of the very small rooms at other hotels that charge over 2x the rates at Metropark Kowloon. The room was very clean and had a walk in shower. I felt there was plenty of space for clothes and luggage.

There were two switches on wall inside the room, just as you enter the room. I did not know what they were until one afternoon I came back to my room and the maid had not cleaned the room. It turns out one of the switches turns a light on outside the room indicating “do not disturb” and the other switch turns on a light indicating “maid service”. I had accidentally switched on the light indicating “do not disturb” so room was not cleaned. I called the front desk and they explained what happened and said someone would be right up to make the bed, change the sheets and clean. Within 10 minutes the staff arrived to my room and within 15 minutes made up the room. This was at 9pm, so I was quite impressed with the prompt service at this hour!

Elevators
I know there have been a number of complaints posted on TripAdvisor regarding the elevators. However, I experienced no wait for elevators that I felt was out of the ordinary. The elevators worked fine and I don’t think I ever waited for one more than 2 or 3 minutes. As I mentioned earlier, all elevators were functioning and operational while I was at hotel from February 1-10, 2014.

Buffet Breakfast
One of the nice features of the Metropark Kowloon Hotel is their buffet breakfast, which was reasonably priced at $98 HKD/person. The buffet had an omelet bar, meats, cereals, yogurt, rice, vegetables, breads, eggs, fruits, kongee, juices, dim sum, and absolutely wonderful coffee! The buffet dining area on the 1st floor is quite nice with window views of bussling Waterloo Rd. I was greeted by the hotel staff each morning and they were happy to assist me in climbing the few steps to get to the breakfast dining area. I usually had breakfast at 10am each day and found that I did not need to eat lunch as I was plenty satisfied until dinner time each day from the tasty breakfast.

Location
The Metropark Hotel is in a good location. Many of the sights are not walking distance from hotel, but are easily accessible via a number of transportation modes including the hotel shuttle, MTR metro, busses, and taxis. I used the hotel shuttle several times to get to the Mongkok shopping district that is nearby and to get to Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront, where I took the Star Ferry to the Central area of Hong Kong, where I could either get the MTR subway, taxi, or hop on a ferry to one of the surrounding island like Cheung Chau island. A word of advice regarding taxis… I suggest asking the hotel concierge to get a taxi for you. Most of the taxi drivers in Hong Kong do not speak or read English so always best to have concierge write where you are going in Chinese on piece of paper that you can give to taxi driver. Also… make sure you get hotel card with hotel address written in Chinese (ask Concierge for this) so you can give this to taxi driver when returning to hotel.

I discovered two small restaurants very close to the hotel that I would recommend, but I do not have their names. As you exit hotel, one of them is about 4 buildings to the left of the hotel on same side of street. There are whole roasted ducks hanging in the window so sort of hard to miss.  However, I found the food there to be very tasty. I recommend the roasted pork and duck, and the roasted eggplant! Yummy! However, watch your step as the floors there are a bit slippery for some reason. The second restaurant, is less than a block away to your right as you exit hotel. This restaurant was a little cleaner, however I did not think the food was as good as the 1st restaurant I mentioned. Both of these are reasonably priced and by no means fancy places. There is also a convenience store across the street from the hotel.

Special thanks to Keith Wu, Guest Services Manager
I was very impressed with the service Keith Wu, Guest Services Manager, provided. He is a consummate professional and knows his business well. I saw him treating all guests with whom he interacted in the same way as he treated me. Thanks Keith!

Room Tip: My understanding is that rooms on floors 9-12 are newly renovated. Try to get on an upper floor if...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Briandrealtor

Thank you very much for selecting to stay with us. We would express our sincere thank for your valuable comments. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the stay with us.

With the heartfelt thanks, we are very much appreciated your compliments to us especially Keith, our Guests Relations Manager. Your praise has been passed to him immediately. It is indeed a great encouragement to our collective efforts, and, our ultimate goal is to ensure our guests' pleasurable stay. We will do our best to ensure our guest's day a pleasure one.

Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights last week and was upgraded to a family room...Front desk was very helpful and in a minute i was able to checked in...What i hated most was the cigarette smell of the room even though i booked a non-smoking...Location wise, hotel is reachable to shopping areas, ladies market and train station that it would only take you around 10-15 mins walk...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ghilay

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your valuable comments. Please accept our sincere apologies for the smell of smoke in the room. It was probably caused by other guests staying at your floor. Our housekeeping staff will look into the matter and monitor closely to ensure a fresh environment.

Look forward to greeting you again soon.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here for a few days, not too bad. The location is alright. The rooms are small, but, well, you're in HONG KONG, where real estate is expensive. That being said, its bang for the buck, cheaper than most places. Its Clean & Tidy as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear shivam6294

Thank you very much for staying with us recently. Your valuable comments are very much appreciated and the comments enhance the achievement of our ultimate goal to make every of our guests' stay a pleasurable one.

Been to Metropark Hotel Kowloon? Share your experiences!