“Wonderful Staff and Great Views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers

You added Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers to your Saves list
Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.20 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Advance- upto 20%OFF
Ranked #80 of 690 Hotels in Hong Kong
Redondo Beach, California
“Wonderful Staff and Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have become a frequent traveller to Hong Kong in the last 2 years and my favorite place to stay is at the Sheraton Hong Kong hotel in Kowloon. My most recent stay was in June 2013.

The rooms are tidy and neat. The hotel is older, and it does show in the rooms, but for a business traveller like me, I appreciate comfort and functionality. The turndown service is always welcome with the 2 chocolates placed by the pillow. Even on days when I forget to turn off my Do Not Disturb signal, I can still get the room tidied up while I'm out to dinner.

The staff is courteous and helpful too. They are constantly finding ways to help me out. One of the best services is when I take weekend trips on long stays, the hotel holds my luggage and I just take a small travel bag with me.

I enjoy using the rooftop pool when the weather is nice. The special feature up there are the 3 individual hot tubs. The gym is also located on the top floor with the equipment strategically placed to give you a wonderful harbor view.

The location is fantastic as well. It is near the Metro so it is easy to get to the Hong Kong side. There are tons of good restaurants to eat at nearby. You can even walk to the Star Ferry nearby. I was able to see the duck in Victoria Harbor there before it left.

All in all, another wonderful stay at the hotel. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view room if you can. I prefer these to a suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonHK, General Manager at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Scot D,

We are very much honored to have received your wonderful compliments which means a lot to our entire team. I am also very proud to work with our very dedicated associates who genuinely care about the well-being of every guest. We sincerely look forward to bringing you another memorable stay on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed for a night in this hotel in November 2012 and quite liked the place. However, I did not explore the surroundings last time and this time I did. Right next to the hotel, I had great Indian vegetarian food at Chung King mansion. That is a huge plus for an Indian vegetarian like me. Right across the road, I took the metro MTR to reach my office and no hard work in that too. And, they upgraded me to the harbour view room and I had a fantastic view of the harbour right across the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonHK, General Manager at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Sanjaypkothari,

Great to hear from you again and we are happy to learn that you have had a good time exploring the city. Our team is committed to exceed our guests' expectations and we look forward to bringing you another memorable stay in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am at their restaurant right now and what do I see? A cockroach strolling around. I like this hotel, good location and such, but their goes my dinner. The view from my room is decent, the employees courteous, and i am sure the roach may not be a reflection of starwood's efforts to keep the place clean. After all, Kowloon is really busy place and lots of back alley eateries with questionable hygiene. But hotel needs to double its efforts to avoid these things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonHK, General Manager at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Arezki123,

Thank you for staying with us and we would like to express our deepest apology for your compromised experience. Please rest assured hotel hygiene remains to be our top priority and we will make every effort to ensure our sanitation is maintained at its highest standards.

Once again thank you for your comments and we genuinely look forward to serving you again in the future so that we can regain your confidence with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel is in a good location in Kowloon near the harbour in TST, but personally I prefer the island when I stay in HK.

Rates are always on the high side for the quality and age if the hotel, significant improvements could be made for example -

1) Breakfast is not great, the buffet is not exciting and it is the same every morning, very day, every visit oh yawn

2) There is no club lounge, don't tell me that place on the 9th floor is a lounge, no windows and it feels like I am stuck in a cage, the stag however in that room are great however one of them says he is local but has an American accent(perhaps a foreign spy?)

3) The pool on Sunday afternoon was full of people from the sub-continent that were swimming with shower caps and their white see thru underwear, perhaps not appropriate for a 5 star hotel? But the guys that handing out the towels are very efficient at ensuring the no dive policy is enforced

4) The rooms are ok a little tired and most have no special view

The bar on the roof is high quality and looks like you are staying at a nice property but would suggest you only visit this floor if you wish to keep this impression, all other floors are much less appealing.

Overall it is ok, nothing great just a normal hotel at a pretty high price but of course it is the Sheraton (it is much better then the Holiday inn next door in all aspects, but the W is far better if you want to stay in Kowloon but it location is terrible compared to the Sheraton)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tysin30,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed the experience at our Sky Lounge with the stunning harbour view. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast selection and facilities, please rest assured they have been shared with our teams for review and future planning. We hope our up-coming refurbishment will bring you a refreshed experience on your next visit.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I love my Starwood Points, so it's to my delight that Sheraton Hong Kong is one of the preferred hotels for our company. I've been a regular here for the past two years and have become friendly with the staff. The benefits of being a platinum member, I always am guaranteed an upgrade. Here's a summary of all my experiences here:
1. checking in - always a simple and friendly process. Beware that if you stay many nights, the hotel may put a large deposit down on the credit card. I've had my corporate card rejected multiple times as a result (not a big deal, you can use another card for the deposit and then settle with your corporate card when you checkout).
2. rooms - garden view room - blah...not much of a view. harbour view room - my favorite with one of the best habour/skylines in the world. The best harbour view rooms are usually in the teens as they get slightly more space. I also prefer the harbour view room to the suites, which is only nice if you're traveling with your family.
3. platinum lounge - pretty small lounge that is probably the size of 3 rooms combined. great service though during happy hour.
4. workout facility - understandably small given the location of the hotel. it's usually crowded during morning rush, but has your standard set of equipments
5. rooftop swimming pool and Jacuzzi - a welcome place to relax and unwind. I'm a big fan of the Jacuzzi!
6. location - great location in TST/Kowloon. If you want to stay on the Kowloon side, Sheraton should be your top choice!

Room Tip: Harbor view room in the teens are the best!
Dear Yohan L,

Thank you for your continuous support and we are much honored to be your home away from home. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the exclusive privileges that we have prepared for our platinum members. The team and I sincerely look forward to bringing you another rewarding stay on your return.

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton and thought the location was fantastic. Room was great (harbourview) however bathrooms are surprisingly tiny (for a 5 star hotel). Our only real gripe is that wifi is not included in room rates. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonHK, General Manager at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Psarou,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and convenience throughout your stay. Should your travel plans bring you back to Hong Kong, you may visit our official website for latest promotions which include in-room internet access and other exclusive benefits. Alternatively, you are most welcome to visit Link@Sheraton internet lounge (2/F) as well as our lobby area for complimentary internet access.

The team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Farmington, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel, in Kowloon, is tucked away, not upfront, like their neighbor The Peninsula. Our van brought us to a lower level and we went to the second floor lobby ( not at all as opulent as the other Asian hotels we had stayed in), where a very inefficient and uncaring young woman checked us in. As Gold members we should have been given a harbor view at the very least, instead we faced the side of the building an an ugly inner courtyard. After getting settled and on our way to High Tea at The Peninsula, we stopped at the desk to complain. Another person at the desk offered to move us, we were only staying two days and were tired, so we turned down this offer. The question we have asked Sheraton when we returned to the US was: Why wasn't this done correctly in the first place? Still waiting for a reply! The room was small, the bathroom old fashioned with a high tub to step onto to shower,and all in all, not up to our expectations or standards. I think all their energies are focused on the Towers and more Elite rooms and suites!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VEGO,

Thank you for staying with us and it is to our disappointment to learn your recent stay was not up to your expectation. As much as we make our best efforts in offering enhanced rooms for our SPG Gold members, we regret that it was not available at the time of check-in due to very high occupancy. Yet we are very appreciative of your feedback regarding our room design which provides insights for advancement. Please rest assured we are already in the planning of our hotel refurbishment which I believe will bring you a refreshed experience.

Thank you for your kind understanding and we genuinely look forward to the opportunity to be of your service again in the future.

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers

Been to Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!