It was difficult for me to choose a hotel in HK. Kowloon vs HK Island? Harbour view? City location? After tonnes of research, thanks to the folks posting on TA, I settled for the Sheraton. Glad I did! This was not a business trip so I had carte blanche at the numerous hotels available, Sheraton was perfect for us. So close to the Star Ferry, didn't use the metro because cabs are dirt cheap, but also within 5 min walk and the location for shopping is second to none. Here are my thoughts
Checkin was fast and efficient, no dramas
Room, we stayed on the 6th floor with nice Harbour View, was small but clean and house keeping were excellent. Glad we settled on a harbour view room
Breakfast was amazing! Tonnes of variety and very fresh.
Skybar...dazzling, check it out even if you are not a guest of the Sheraton
Location, can't be beat, half the price of the Peninsular and right next door.
Quiet? Yes and the bed was very comfortable, although my husband kept hitting his leg on the bed as he walked by it, it jutts out at the base!
My only negative is this, we gave our debit card as holding card to the hotel, unbeknownst to us, the hotel charged this card, over $2000 in a holding status. So, consequently this money was no longer available to us for our shopping. In fact, we phoned our bank as we thought we were subject to fraud. Had the hotel informed us of this charge at check in we would have given them a normal credit card. All was rectified, but did cause a little angst which could have been avoided. Other than that, I liked this hotel and would definitely return.
TIP across the road is a shopping mall called SOGO... its a smaller mall in comparison to most in HK, but easy to shop at and lots of sales and promotions. There is a sports store with very good prices on all major sporting brands also. Check it out!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel
- Sheraton Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Sheraton
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers is conveniently located at the heart of the business and shopping district in Tsim Sha Tsui, overlooking the breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour. There are 8 restaurants and lounges on site. The subway station (MTR) and Star Ferry are only steps away, connecting you to major areas of the city and Mainland China. Hong Kong International Airport is only 35 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood APAC, Expedia, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Elong and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.